"Not in this lifetime"

wfuckinga

Robin and Brain were at the HOB(?) show in LA in 2012, so the '06 line-up already kind of reunited....

I don't believe there will ever be a reunion with Slash, though. Axl's done shows with Izzy and Duff (which he said he was open to in 2008, 2 years before the first Duff reunion happened) and I think that's as far as he's willing to go in terms of playing with the old line-up again. I can't imagine he'd want to deal with the inevitable pressure of a full on reunion if he did the same with Slash.

When Axl said that he meant that. However things can still change as time goes on. I don't think he would dump the new guys but I still say there is room for both. I think if there was one it would have to be the 1987 one mixed somehow with the new guys. Maybe 1 hour of new and 1 & 1/2 hours of the old. Thats the only way I see it.

Marc did you get the impression that Axl "loved himself" as we call it, that he knew how good looking he was & girls were falling all over him because of that? Or was he aware of his looks but not to the point where he was vain?

Why from so early in the band did he distance himself such as having his own dressing room while the others shared one? He's always been aloof from all versions of the band, never seems to be one of them. Thx

When Axl said that he meant that. However things can still change as time goes on. I don't think he would dump the new guys but I still say there is room for both. I think if there was one it would have to be the 1987 one mixed somehow with the new guys. Maybe 1 hour of new and 1 & 1/2 hours of the old. Thats the only way I see it.

Oh I´m glad he meant it then! See, in the last 10 years or so every time Axl meant something exactly the opposite of what he meant happens. In this case it´s really a good thing.

:headbang::lol:

Marc did you get the impression that Axl "loved himself" as we call it, that he knew how good looking he was & girls were falling all over him because of that? Or was he aware of his looks but not to the point where he was vain?

Why from so early in the band did he distance himself such as having his own dressing room while the others shared one? He's always been aloof from all versions of the band, never seems to be one of them. Thx

I always thought he didn't want people to hear him warming up, so that's why he wasn't in the same dressing room (in the early days). Anything on this, Marc? Can't remember where I read that little tidbit.

Like, have the new band open for the old band?

Or have the new band play CD cover to cover, go back stage, and have the old band come on for the 1.5 hr encore?

I always thought he didn't want people to hear him warming up, so that's why he wasn't in the same dressing room (in the early days). Anything on this, Marc? Can't remember where I read that little tidbit.

I think he just wanted some space to get his head together and get ready for the gig without 100 people coming in and out of the room.

Or have the new band play CD cover to cover, go back stage, and have the old band come on for the 1.5 hr encore?

Yes It would be one band for an hour then the other band for 1 and a half hours. Thats the way I would do it.

Hey Marc,

I 've got a couple of questions...

1) I heard from an ex member, meaning first hand, following back in 2006 - I was called in this last month to join the band. the band was supposed to be Axl, Slash, Matt and Gilby, Duf pulled out. They never came back with the calls and Axl started the tour with the current band.

Do you know anything about that!?!?

2) Why do you think Slash opted for Dave in VR and not Gilby? Would you be surprised to see Gilby join VR in the near future or colaborating with Slash?

3) Slash was against Rod Jackson for Rod being a junkie. However, I think Rod is an amazing singer and I was surprised to see how well he sings a new song on youtube the other day now that he got his act together.

What is your stand on Rod's qualities and do you think Slash would reconsider him in VR or other project considering they are both clean now?

Thanks for answering these questions, cheers!

I think he just wanted some space to get his head together and get ready for the gig without 100 people coming in and out of the room.

Yes It would be one band for an hour then the other band for 1 and a half hours. Thats the way I would do it.

So you don't think axl would do something like a few songs w/ KoC? They are playing in LA 11/18 and it wouldn't be a "guns n roses" reunion -- just a special guest appearance

Sorry, but you have to get off this idea about the KOC. If a reunion hasn't happened yet, unfortunately it probably never will. And it definitely wouldn't happen at an event like KOC. I know it sounds doable because other GNR guys will be there and the pressure wouldn't be on him, but its 100% unrealistic. I can't explain why, but you can't ever picture THAT being the thing that works them out.

Honestly, if they were to ever reunite, I think it would be something we'd never expect. Not something we'd have been talking about for weeks. It would be something that no one could have expected.

Its getting to the point where if Axl doesn't do something soon (next 5 years), we're never seeing a full reunion.