SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

Legendary guitarist Slash stopped by the "Larry King Now" studio last week for a taping with Larry King. Several clips from the show can now be seen below.

Asked if there is any possibility of a reunion of the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES, Slash replied: "That's the $64,000 question. But it's not something that any of us have reached out to each other and said that we wanted to do thus far. So, rather than be a pessimist and say, 'No, it'll never happen,' it's not like I'm harboring a lot of resentment. But it's not something that we're all thinking about doing. So if it happens one day, it happens. If it doesn't, I don't think anybody's, you know, losing any sleep over it."

Slash told Rolling Stone in April 2012 that GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose "hates my guts." The two have not performed together since 1993. Rose currently tours with a completely different version of GUNS N' ROSES featuring no original members but him.

During a 2009 interview with longtime friend and former road manager Del James, first published on Spinner, Rose called Slash a "cancer."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-possibility-of-guns-n-roses-reunion-if-it-happens-one-day-it-happens/#Q4xs2tlqYO6v24m0.99

Edited by NGOG

Not surprisingly, Slash portrays it as "Axl took over the band," instead of saying "Well I signed the name over, and therefore demoted myself to the position of 'bitch' and thusly didn't have as much creative input as I would've had if I had not signed the name over."

Dude Slash can do no wrong...did you all of a sudden forget?

I hope Axl holds onto his precious integrity and ends up fat and alone like Charles foster Kane.

As opposed to playing a show with four former(?) heroin junkies, which would magically cause him to lose weight and find a wife?

Bitter.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

I thought Slash had a no Axl/GnR questions clause for interviews these days.

I seem to remember he got a bit shitty with the guy who did the last print interview that asked this stuff.

You don't simply go to a Larry King interview and talk about your collaborations with Paulina Rubio and Marta Sanchez. Ppl see Slash and wants to know about Axl.

• Like 1

I thought Slash had a no Axl/GnR questions clause for interviews these days.

I seem to remember he got a bit shitty with the guy who did the last print interview that asked this stuff.

You don't simply go to a Larry King interview and talk about your collaborations with Paulina Rubio and Marta Sanchez. Ppl see Slash and wants to know about Axl.

I agree, they do. So I guess the clause is dependent on how important the person interviewing you is.

You have to admire Slash's candid nature. I love how he's just like "no, its not gonna happen" because he truly doesn't know. Its in Axl's hands, which sucks, but theres no reason for Slash to say something thats not true. Honestly, I think with the Hall Of Fame comment, Slash knows at this point that everyone is aware a reunion hasn't happened is because of Axl. Slash is actually being quite generous in saying they don't think about it and they don't lose sleep over it. Thats probably 100% true, but even he knows at this point if Axl was in the right state of mind Slash would have no problem with a reunion. Its not 1999, yet Slash talks like it still is, which is positive for Axl because he's the one holding them back.

Bottom line is I love Slash, and the difference between him and Axl is that every interview Slash does he comes off likable, where Axl has been hard to sympathize with since about 2004.

• Like 1