Fernando " we are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information"

bumblecool

It's no wonder Axl never comes here anymore. Most of you would do nothing but belittle him. Why should he subjugate himself to that? You complain about the band not interacting with fans, and them you insult them every chance you get.

Well he can't come in here now. He has to put on the ear of corn costume and fit the halloween tree into his house. And decorate it. And give presents to Fernando.

I think it'd be cool if Axl went trick or treating.

It's no wonder Axl never comes here anymore. Most of you would do nothing but belittle him. Why should he subjugate himself to that? You complain about the band not interacting with fans, and them you insult them every chance you get.

I'll never understand it.....too bad I'm out of "likes" so you get a +1 instead!
I just don't get it.

"lol fuck nightrain" "lol fuck TB" "lol ashba what a hooray for tolerance!" "lol this band is run by a nanny and her son".

"Why isn't TB telling us stuff?" "Why do they keep us in the dark?" "Why do they hate the fans?"

We know what's going on! nothing! when GnR management say there's something then we can get all worked about it. If 2014 passes without a new release I will eat any one of Axls wide brimmed hats, GnR can make a whole thing of it with a Nightrain competition.

But most of the skills are still the same skills required, regardless of whether the operation you run consists of merely a few hundred people or ten thousand people. In both situations, you require people with experience (of their respective field) who are good at heading an organisation, public relations and marketing.

Let's not forget that Apple was not always the global giant it is now.

No one is denying that any management, whether it is in a big corporation or merely for a rock band, should be skilled. If you think that my objection to comparing GN'R to a "giant, global business" comes from me not thinking GN'R managers' should be skilled, then you are wrong. It simply comes from the fact that managing a global, giant business is radically different than managing a rock band, and, even though, as you point out, some of the skills are the same, the variety of skills required for the former far exceeds the latter, and, which I have pointed out, the differences in scale is staggering where you in a rock band typically would hire own lawyer to handle legal matters you have a whole in-house legal department in a global business.

Again, I am not arguing against the idea that GN'R managers should be skilled, only that GN'R is comparable to large, global businesses. That is REALLY to exaggerate the situation and the skill requirements. If we really are going to compare a rock band to a business then an SME would be more suited. GN'R is like an SME and should have a management that is size and professionality is comparable. Okay?

Edited by SoulMonster

Bono ...............you are wasting your breath, man.

Ali and Volcano praise and worship everything and anything associated with Axl and Beta. They are Axl warriors who come here to defend Axl at all costs - even if it means discounting common sense and facts about the band or the current situation. Axl beat up a woman? Well, she probably deserved it, his upbringing was bad, etc. And MSL is Volcano's idol - so that pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Soul is just here to ridicule, educate and "win" arguments against people and not to just chat with fellow GnR fans. He is an intelligent guy, but really really smug and always has to be right. You could post "today is Wednesday and I've got a doctor's appointment" and he would argue it, responding that in New Zealand it's actually Thursday and debate you over the meaning of the word appointment.

That's what you are dealing with here. Throw facts and common sense out the door, and realize your dealing with people whose sole purpose is to try and find ways to defend/worship Axl and Beta's every move.

I find it interesting that in your estimation pointing out that you can criticize someone's work without resulting to name-calling or personal insults, especially when it is unprovoked has anything to do with Axl. I never even mentioned him or Beta. You did. But, then again, that happened in another thread recently. :shrugs:

Ali

If we really are going to compare a rock band to a business then an SME would be more suited. GN'R is like an SME and should have a management that is size and professionality is comparable. Okay?

SME or otherwise, from a business point of view it's a multimillion dollar entity, with nearly 30 years of brand establishment, diverse revenue streams including both event staging and intellectual property creation, that operates in dozens of countries, in an industry that is struggling to adapt to the undermining of its traditional revenue model, and with at least one key figure in the business who is famous and thus the subject of additional media scrutiny than a generic small business operator.

We can characterise it many ways but it's clear it would be appropriate for an entity with this type of revenue and that operates in this type of marketplace to have leadership and management personnel with relevant professional qualifications and experience.

Edited by Chunder Monkey

I'll never understand it.....too bad I'm out of "likes" so you get a +1 instead!

Yeah I agree...no one around here does have a like for you. Probably b/c they don't like you in general. Just stop trolling and give honest answers :)

True enough, but aren't you the guy that was masquerading as Izzy Stradlin over the internet for years?

• Like 2

If we really are going to compare a rock band to a business then an SME would be more suited. GN'R is like an SME and should have a management that is size and professionality is comparable. Okay?

SME or otherwise, from a business point of view it's a multimillion dollar entity, with nearly 30 years of brand establishment, diverse revenue streams including both event staging and intellectual property creation, that operates in dozens of countries, in an industry that is struggling to adapt to the undermining of its traditional revenue model, and with at least one key figure in the business who is famous and thus the subject of additional media scrutiny than a generic small business operator.

We can characterise it many ways but it's clear it would be appropriate for an entity with this type of revenue and that operates in this type of marketplace to have leadership and management personnel with relevant professional qualifications and experience.

No one is denying this.