Compromise

axlweave

Marc, do you think that if Slash would have agreed to work on the Steph Seymour ballads Axl was was working on and been more supportive, Axl then would have been more acceptive to what Slash was going to bring in. I mean Slash could have done a killer solo for This I Love even though i thinks Robins solo is good and DJ does a good job at his own interp. So if they both would have compromised on song genres that maybe werent there faviorte to do, they would still be together as a band. Plus we all know that women can cause some pain in our lives at times may be if Slash would have been there it would be different too.

Marc, do you think that if Slash would have agreed to work on the Steph Seymour ballads Axl was was working on and been more supportive, Axl then would have been more acceptive to what Slash was going to bring in. I mean Slash could have done a killer solo for This I Love even though i thinks Robins solo is good and DJ does a good job at his own interp. So if they both would have compromised on song genres that maybe werent there faviorte to do, they would still be together as a band. Plus we all know that women can cause some pain in our lives at times may be if Slash would have been there it would be different too.

I think Slash would have worked on anything that Axl came up with. I think Slash had learned from the past that Axl does a good job with the ballads. The problem was Slash knew that Axl didn't want to work on most of the songs that he came up with and Slash didn't want to work with Paul.

I've often wondered what Slash's solo in TIL would sound like. I find Robin's far too screechy.

TIL could had been much better. I did not like the way it was produced.

How would Slash's solo sound on TIL? The answer is good.

You don't like the way something on Chinese Democracy was produced? Shocking, because everyone else thinks its the best produced album ever.

Marc, it is reported that Axl already recorded "This I Love" in summer 1992, probably vocals/keyboards only. did you hear that song back then already? did Slash work on it back then?

If I remember correctly. Axl talked about writing that song in an interview with Hit Parader in late 1992 during their South American Tour. But not recording yet at that point.

In the first half of '93 Axl talked about having written and recorded This I Love. During the show in Amnéville in '10, Axl said this might be the only song he ever wrote while in France. This suggests it was written around June '92 when the band was playing in Paris.

Edited by SoulMonster