Paradisecity.com

ChristianGNR

I personally don't get Paradise City. I know its feed comes mainly from fans. But still... it's an official channel of the band promoting the old band / former members.

If they spend half of their time and efforts used on Paradise City to work on www.gunsnroses.com would be much better, not to mention that it would promote the current band instead of the past.

Axl has spent many many years fighting to make things work with Guns and to bury what's left from the past as regards former members and others - so do the fans who are into Guns N' Roses in the new century. I don't think it's fair to Axl, to the band and to the fans to have Paradise City around. I respect the work that has been done there but I don't get it.

• Like 2

I personally don't get Paradise City. I know its feed comes mainly from fans. But still... it's an official channel of the band promoting the old band / former members.

If they spend half of their time and efforts used on Paradise City to work on www.gunsnroses.com would be much better, not to mention that it would promote the current band instead of the past.

Axl has spent many many years fighting to make things work with Guns and to bury what's left from the past as regards former members and others - so do the fans who are into Guns N' Roses in the new century. I don't think it's fair to Axl, to the band and to the fans to have Paradise City around. I respect the work that has been done there but I don't get it.

That's my take on PC: I just don't get it. I guess it's supposed to be fan driven with content? Either way, there's just no rhyme or reason to it.

• 4 weeks later...

That's my take on PC: I just don't get it. I guess it's supposed to be fan driven with content? Either way, there's just no rhyme or reason to it.

I wonder how much Axl knows about Paradise City. I just can't swallow something that is pro old Guns, that comes from the band.

Issue is: why in hell to put any energy into something that will bring the past back if the intention is the other way around? www.gunsnroses.com should just kick ass into newer stuff and fuck Paradise City. That website is so negative as regards the current band or any incarnation of the band since 1998/Rio III.

I think no one cares anymore about promoting the new band, not even Axl. Most of the fans still likes of the old band, it's really stupid to try to deny this reality.

• Like 3

Since its content is largely driven by fans, content about the old band will dominate. Even among your average GNR fans, there's little debate over who/what has been important to Guns.

Hey man, the less heard from him and his supporters the better. Unless they have forty bucks.

I've always wondered if ParadiseCity was created to monitor which version of the band people are really interested in.

So in other words,if ya for the old band up vote everything do to with the old band and down vote NuGN'R.

Or vice versa. ;)

I think it's great. It's not just driven by the users, the admins often put up rare GN'R stuff (mostly pictures). Yeah, there are shitty aspects, but overall I think it's great for the community.

Most of the people saying it's shit have probably never spent any time there.