Who is more artistic - Axl vs. Buckethead

ITG

Axl is a lyrical and piano virtuoso. Buckethead is a guitar virtuoso. Why would you compare?

Piano virtuoso? Give me a fucking break. He wrote three decent piano songs, he's not Mozart.

I'm talking in the context of the modern day industry, obviously.

November Rain is one of the most iconic piano-driven hits ever.

Aye - it was a naïve comment on my behalf. Maybe accomplished would be a more accurate representation?

Bloated?

:lol:

Does Axl not qualify to be touched in the Book of Aki?

Yeah it depends on how you define "artistic" and what you want from your "art" and many other things.

Bucket is a formidable guitarist in terms of his dexterity and technique. He also has wonderful moments of melody such as Soothsayer. However, his style can also become quite predictable (killswitch, 10 finger tap run, whappy pedal, a collection of impressive tricks but tricks none the less) and in terms of his output it's varied and for every gem to me there's quite a lot of filler.

Axl is a formidable vocalist in terms of his range, power, tone and lyrics. He has very impressive songwriting moments too. However, inability to efficiently handle the business side of things and manage artistic issues has seen GNR become largely unproductive and led to serious creative wastage. However, of the music he has released, it is all of a very high standard with little filler.

That's how I see them.

• Like 1