Does anyone know why Axl didn't attend Shannon Hoon's funeral?

axlinkafayette

I wonder if he has ever visited his grave, its just outside Lafayette. i've been there a couple of times, its a nice little monument to the man who died much too young.

Any thoughts/comments?

there's a mention of it in this book, but i can't remember the whole story, something about it wasn't convenient for him to travel then, ETC

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-One-Shoulder-Angel-Other/dp/0615252397/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384478435&sr=8-1&keywords=devil+on+one+shoulder+angel+on+the+other

Why is it any of our business?

We don't know how close they were. We don't know how much or how little Shannon's death affected him. He never talked about it.

Death and funerals are a personal thing. And Shannon was young. It's not an easy thing to deal with. He dealt with it his own way, and for some people that means not attending a funeral.

It's weird the things some people wanna know about celebrities.

• Like 3

maybe he knew him showing up would make it a spectacle and had more respect for shannon and his family than to do something like that. some people, myself included, rarely attend funerals as i feel its for family and should not be treated as a social gathering of people who knew them once upon a time and anyway they make me unconfortable.

• Like 2

Am I wrong, or Axl is against the junkies, since he was never one of them?

Yes, Axl's only good buddies with alcoholic dysfunctional guys.

Seriously if that was any true he'd have had a very lonely social life when he did go to LA - rock & drugs always went hand-in-hand.

Edited by trqster

I don't believe Axl attended West Arkeen's funeral either.

I remember reading on MyGNR that Duff was the only member of GNR that attended West's ceremony.

He didn't attend his mother's funeral, his grandmother's, etc, etc,,,, It's all about the relationships, the head space at the time, etc.. (Oddly enough I think the last time all the original band members were together was at a funeral for a crew member).

He didn't attend his mother's funeral, his grandmother's, etc, etc,,,, It's all about the relationships, the head space at the time, etc.. (Oddly enough I think the last time all the original band members were together was at a funeral for a crew member).

When was that?

Not disagreeing with you, but how do you know he wasn't at either of those?

When was that?

January '97.

Guys seriously. I suggest you look a little deeper into the lyrics for some songs off Chinese Democracy. I'm friends with Shannon's mum Nell & yeah there was no bad blood between, sometimes people just don't do funerals. It's way too confronting & the last thing you remember of them is their death. Each to their own. But imo this topic is verging on creepy.