Does anyone know why Axl didn't attend Shannon Hoon's funeral?

axlinkafayette

I wonder if he has ever visited his grave, its just outside Lafayette. i've been there a couple of times, its a nice little monument to the man who died much too young.

Any thoughts/comments?

there's a mention of it in this book, but i can't remember the whole story, something about it wasn't convenient for him to travel then, ETC

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-One-Shoulder-Angel-Other/dp/0615252397/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384478435&sr=8-1&keywords=devil+on+one+shoulder+angel+on+the+other

Seems expensive for a paper back.

Maybe Axl felt it would take away from his funeral.

Sometimes if the press know you'll show up, they'll make a circus out of such a solemn time.

It's probably why Axl stayed away. Also maybe he doesn't like funerals. Whatever the reason, I'm sure Axl was still sorry and sadden by his death.

He didn't attend his mother's funeral, his grandmother's, etc, etc,,,, It's all about the relationships, the head space at the time, etc.. (Oddly enough I think the last time all the original band members were together was at a funeral for a crew member).

When was that?

January '97.

That's late. Things were well onto the rocks by then.

He didn't attend his mother's funeral, his grandmother's, etc, etc,,,, It's all about the relationships, the head space at the time, etc.. (Oddly enough I think the last time all the original band members were together was at a funeral for a crew member).

When was that?

January '97.

That's late. Things were well onto the rocks by then.

I have never heard of this. Slash was out of the band by Oct 1996.

Do we know this for certain? I would be surprised if he didn't at least attend his mom's funeral. It was reported he saw her before she passed away so it's not out of the question for him to attend.

Someone had asked Marc if Axl and Slash went to West's funeral and Marc never answered.

Do we know this for certain? I would be surprised if he didn't at least attend his mom's funeral. It was reported he saw her before she passed away so it's not out of the question for him to attend.

Someone had asked Marc if Axl and Slash went to West's funeral and Marc never answered.

I know it for certain. He may have seen his mom after her diagnosis with the siblings, he said he did, but I don't know. None of them went to the service. Not sure if Amy or Stuart went to their grandmother's service. They didn't really stay in touch with her, either.

Why is it any of our business?

We don't know how close they were. We don't know how much or how little Shannon's death affected him. He never talked about it.

Death and funerals are a personal thing. And Shannon was young. It's not an easy thing to deal with. He dealt with it his own way, and for some people that means not attending a funeral.

It's weird the things some people wanna know about celebrities.

Weird? Like the fact I want to know Axl's jock size? Is that too weird for you? :P

Axl probably felt that at the funeral, Shannon's relatives, friends and fans were not entitled in any way to assume he'd have to be there. So he didn't show up.

Most likely, knowing Axl. Funerals are for the living to pay respect. But then again, Axl doesn't have any for his own fans. Why would he for a fellow musician who doesn't pay his salary allowing him to have an enabling housekeeper?

Maybe Yoda told him not to go. Or mommy just said no to him. Seriously though- does anyone think he'll even attend Slash or any of the (original) Guns guys funerals if they were to die? The answer is no.

Actually, this makes sense to me. Knowing Slash would likely be there, Axl wouldn't want to go. That's my opinion.

Guys seriously. I suggest you look a little deeper into the lyrics for some songs off Chinese Democracy. I'm friends with Shannon's mum Nell & yeah there was no bad blood between, sometimes people just don't do funerals. It's way too confronting & the last thing you remember of them is their death. Each to their own. But imo this topic is verging on creepy.

You have coffee with her? What's your definition of friendship?

Facebook friends with her wfuckinga

Facebook friends is official. I mean if it's not on Facebook, it's really not legit. You make a point. Still, when it comes down to it, I don't think you're above any posters here.

How do you know they were all together in 1997? I wonder how that went.

Passing reference from someone who was there. I don't remember hearing about anything notable happening, so I suspect they just kept their distance.

So I take it Amy and Stuart haven't been in touch with their father either? Thanks for the info, snooze!

I very much doubt they keep in touch with their stepdad/dad, but I don't know for sure. He's moved on.

... Facebook friends is official. I mean if it's not on Facebook, it's really not legit. You make a point. Still, when it comes down to it, I don't think you're above any posters here.

She's trying to offer helpful information from a potentially direct perspective most people here don't see (assuming she's a she). You can take it with a grain (or 10 lb bag) of salt, but I see no attempt to be 'above' other posters. And even if that was the case, so what? Why drive her away? Nell may well post something really interesting we'd otherwise never see. I don't see the point in closing that door and making her feel bad. Reverse snobbery? Sport? Whatever. This gets old.

I know it for certain. He may have seen his mom after her diagnosis with the siblings, he said he did, but I don't know. None of them went to the service. Not sure if Amy or Stuart went to their grandmother's service. They didn't really stay in touch with her, either.

Actually Sharon was diagnosed with lung cancer in January, she passed in May. Axl made no attempt to visit nor call her while she was sick, none of them came to the funeral nor even sent flowers. I was there the entire time she was sick,...it broke her heart.

We all know Axl's capable of rationalising anything, but that doesn't mean what you're saying is fact. That isn't meant to offend - remember this is an anonymous fan forum and we get alot of 'insiders' showing up.

Can i ask what relation you were to these individuals? You must have been very close to Axl's mother to stay by her side through a terminal illness.

Edited by HubbaBubba

Actually Sharon was diagnosed with lung cancer in January, she passed in May. Axl made no attempt to visit nor call her while she was sick, none of them came to the funeral nor even sent flowers. I was there the entire time she was sick,...it broke her heart.

We all know Axl's capable of rationalising anything, but that doesn't mean what you're saying is fact. That isn't meant to offend - remember this is an anonymous fan forum and we get alot of 'insiders' showing up.

Can i ask what relation you were to these individuals? You must have been very close to Axl's mother to stay by her side through a terminal illness.

Yeah, that and that it´s always been reported that she had breast cancer and not lung cancer and that her three kids were with her before she passed away. I know we shouldn´t even be discussing such private and personal matters but these insiders who appear all of a sudden and post as if they were in the know and then disappear are unfortunately very common in gnr forumland and normally they turn out to be fake insiders asking for attention.

Unless Ashley provides some concrete knowledge as to how she knows this information, especially since the opposite is all but common knowledge, I'm going to call shenanigans. It seems strange that someone would register here for the sole purpose of posting this information. Unless they use the "long time lurker, first time poster" like that's so common.

Yeah, that and that it´s always been reported that she had breast cancer and not lung cancer and that her three kids were with her before she passed away. I know we shouldn´t even be discussing such private and personal matters but these insiders who appear all of a sudden and post as if they were in the know and then disappear are unfortunately very common in gnr forumland and normally they turn out to be fake insiders asking for attention.

Sharon is my aunt, I was there when she died. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just frustrating to our family when we see this stuff floating around at there. I don't know how this stuff all gets started but believe me I'm not a cupcake . I just saw how much it crushed my aunt and uncle and it makes me sad.

Well, considering your uncle used to beat the shit out of Axl and his brother and sister and that it seems the mom did nothing to stop the situation I kind of understand that her kids didn´t have any relation with her.

Sharon is my aunt, I was there when she died. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just frustrating to our family when we see this stuff floating around at there. I don't know how this stuff all gets started but believe me I'm not a cupcake . I just saw how much it crushed my aunt and uncle and it makes me sad.

lol my uncle is not perfect by any means, but that abuse stuff is all bull crap.

You will soon learn how this forum works.

If Axl says something...............FACT. Take it to the bank.

If anybody else in the world says something.............it's alleged with no proof. Or just them trying to further their career by mentioning Axl.

And if you post something that isn't 100% positive about Axl, prepare to be called every bad name in the book!!!!!!

lol my uncle is not perfect by any means, but that abuse stuff is all bull crap.

LOL you can´t be serious. Ok, don´t worry, by defending an abusive father you just lost all credibility.

LOL you can´t be serious. Ok, don´t worry, by defending an abusive father you just lost all credibility.

Nov-Rain - what are your thoughts on Axl beating up Erin and Stephanie?

And, what is the proof that Axl was abused by this man? Serious question, not being sarcastic. I don't know the facts behind it. it could really have happened - I just don't know the actual story.

Is this the one where Axl used some sort of dream therapy to "remember" what happened? I believe he also said he regressed far enough back in time to know that him and Stephanie were a couple 500 years ago and the reason he was abusive to her today is because she was mean to their kids..........500 years ago. NOT saying this is the same "therapy" session or whatever. Just curious as to what the story was behind the abuse you are talking about.

So is ashley Axl/stu/amy cousin?

Also, Snooze what is your relation to GNR? you have made several comments recently that suggest you know people who were close to Axl back then.

I find it hard to believe that none of the 3 attended there mothers funeral without reason. That would go for anyone, not just this case.

Edited by Axl_morris

Come on Groghan, you are more intelligent than that.

Groghan is asking all the right questions, that makes him intelligent in my book.

The facts: There is ample evidence Axl abused Erin. Axl and Stephanie got into a fight at a party, there are no other allegations beyond that. The stepfather references are all about being 'cuffed' for watching unholy images (or whatever) on TV or playing the wrong thing on the piano, etc, there are no allegations of 'beating the shit' out of him (ie: doing physical damage), and nothing that I know of about him being abusive to Stuart. Amy was trotted out by Axl to confirm allegations of sexual abuse, but there were no details, and nothing was ever reported to any authority. Amy has always appeared to give unconditional support to Axl.

The other allegations were against his biological father and stemmed from regression therapy sessions from psychics.

Edited by snooze72
  • Like 1

WHEN or WHERE did I deny that Axl beated Erin?. I´ve expressed MANY TIMES my disapproval and rejection of any man beating a woman, including Axl. Beating women is fucking wrong and has no justification nor any defense at all.

And this is my last post in this topic. You guys defending an abusive father and insinuating that Axl invented and exaggerated all this speaks volumes.