Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Yeah, Axl allegedly (Still haven't seen a shred of proof despite people here preaching it like gospel.) gave her a beating 20 years ago, so what? I've had a fair share of exes get violent with me, and I wouldn't dream of trying to get rich off of any of their private feelings towards me from when times were better. Pathetic.

He does seem to admit it in one of the break-up letters on this auction (pink one on top left, "I didn't mean to hurt you with my actions...". Also noticed the "I should have known better" on page 2...

lot153271.jpg

That's a stretch, but even if it was a detailed account of a severe beating it wouldn't change my point at all. The abuse is no justification whatsoever for what's going on now. Maybe when it first happened and revenge could be claimed for a motive, I could see. But it's 2013 and this is pathetic.

Someone get Troccoli or that baily guy to buy these! I cant read the writing in the pics, can anyone try and type them out?

And probably irrelevant but I remember Erin went to one of the US 2011 gigs, I think as a paying fan though

Must have been as a fan... judging by the pics posted of her at the show, those weren't VIP seats! ;)

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Of all things in the world, this is not good, this is very very bad.

It's still GNR news, so it can be posted. I don't get why it shouldn't.

Edited by MBRose
  • Like 1

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Wait, what?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting here. To me, this reads that you think this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum. If I have that right, I cannot imagine why. It's a story about someone selling some of their personal items that are directly connected to GN'R/Axl. It's not as if *we* (the forum) have collected these items and are selling personal things that belong to someone else.

• Like 1

It's news that's being reported on Blabbermouth and other outlets. While I feel bad for Axl that this stuff is out there, you can't blame a GNR forum for discussing something GNR-related. Can't deny that my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I've had a look through, but at the end of the day the decision has been made by Erin, and somebody will buy all this.

Selling those personal things is not right.

The wedding ring ok, but love letters, breakup notes, legal documents??

It's a person's life, if you don't want it destroy it, don't give it away. It's like giving away something you don't have the right to give away. And exchange money for it, whatever the reason for the money? Not cool, on top of not being right.

Though these items might be somewhat fascinating to us, it is kind of embarrassing, especially the letters. Erin or not, selling something like that is kind of low. Sure it's in the past, but it's still a personal piece.

Just my thoughts. I don't think they should necessarily be for sale. If anything, give them back to Axl and if he doesn't want them, burn them or something. Selling them? Not what I think should be done exactly, but that's just me.

• Like 2

Wait, what?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting here. To me, this reads that you think this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum. If I have that right, I cannot imagine why. It's a story about someone selling some of their personal items that are directly connected to GN'R/Axl. It's not as if *we* (the forum) have collected these items and are selling personal things that belong to someone else.

Exactly. A policy of censorship stifles good-quality conversation.

Aspects of this auction, especially the multitude of letters, are in bad taste. It's upto GNR management to challenge that however - not MyGNR.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

These are Erin's belongings and I see no problem with her selling whatever she wants.

Somebody actually said this is going to bring her bad karma??? Did you forget that Axl physically beat this woman? Maybe her selling the items is Axl's bad karma coming back to nail him?

I love how some people on this board think that the world should revolve around what makes Axl Rose happy or mad.

yeah but they divorced, moved on (at least Erin i guess)

She needs money, probably her pussy is outdated, though

Wait, what?

Eh?

Personalise the situation to yourself and figure out, with more thought and contemplation, what I was saying. It was nothing bad against your forum, and there was nothing implied about anyone.

It was just advice

Erin was spotted at a GnR gig somewhat recently (year or two ago). Just thought I'd throw that in there.

She has also been posting some of the personal unseen photos on Facebook recently, I recognised a couple of them. I think it was Angeles that posted about it in the Axl photo thread. Maybe this is about attention not money or maybe not....who knows?

She should have sold it earlier, when there was even more money to get out of this.

Like somebody said, after the first hit, he lost all rights. It might not be tastefull, but I can't blame her at all.

• Like 1

Wait, what?

Eh?

Personalise the situation to yourself and figure out, with more thought and contemplation, what I was saying. It was nothing bad against your forum, and there was nothing implied about anyone.

It was just advice

I asked if you were saying that this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum which was a clear question. You chose to side step the question and toss a personal insult in. The fact is that this is a news story involving GN'R/Axl and that's why it's being discussed on a GN'R board.

She should have sold it earlier, when there was even more money to get out of this.

Like somebody said, after the first hit, he lost all rights. It might not be tastefull, but I can't blame her at all.

I think it's a very subjective thing. Many of us will feel uncomfortable with it and I don't think such personal stuff should be sold openly but it is her stuff and as his ex wife she no doubt has very different feelings about Axl than the rest of us. She may feel perfectly justified and I guess that is within her rights.

Wait, what?

Eh?

It was just advice

I asked if you were saying that this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum which was a clear question. You chose to side step the question and toss a personal insult in. The fact is that this is a news story involving GN'R/Axl and that's why it's being discussed on a GN'R board.

There has been no side step or insult.

It was just advice, that's all. If you cannot understand what I am saying it is fine.

On-topic but slightly of-topic, Axl's handwriting is really cool. I write in all caps, but his all-caps writing is cooler. :(

Isn't writing in caps hard work though?

When you're used to it, no. Writing "correctly" is a lot harder for me to do. I just write in all caps without even thinking about it, really.

On-topic but slightly of-topic, Axl's handwriting is really cool. I write in all caps, but his all-caps writing is cooler. :(

Isn't writing in caps hard work though?

When you're used to it, no. Writing "correctly" is a lot harder for me to do. I just write in all caps without even thinking about it, really.

Fair enough :-)