Axl and Slash on "The Songs You Did To Me"

auad

axl-e-slash.jpg

It all started in 1995 with the "Slash's Snakepit" design, where the former members of Guns n 'Roses, Slash, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke, released the album "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere." In it, he had a song called "What Do You Want to Be"

In 2008, after becoming fans waiting for 14 years, finally "Chinese Democracy" has the air of grace. The lyrics of this album are loaded with disappointments, broken relationships and confidences. Two of the songs, has many passages that can lead the listener to a peculiar question: was it taken to snipe Slash? Draw their own conclusions by analyzing excerpts from "Sorry" and "Madagascar"

Slash wrote Crucify the Dead and Nothing To Say about Axl

From what I remember about Crucify the Dead weren't those Ozzy's lyrics? I remember when the album came out seeing a video where Ozzy talked about how he wrote the lyrics as his take on GNR

From what I remember about Crucify the Dead weren't those Ozzy's lyrics? I remember when the album came out seeing a video where Ozzy talked about how he wrote the lyrics as his take on GNR

yeah.

Remember that Ozzy Osbourne has stated in an interview the next bead on this song and the band Guns N 'Roses:.. "Have you noticed what you did not understand you could have been the next Rolling Stones, the next super band and the I wrote in 'Crucify the Dead' is what I say to Axl in a message if I was Slash. "

And 4tus said "ouch". Don't think Ozzy is the main lyricist there.

I think Slash vented his frustrations more with Axl when he did the snakepit records than he ever did with VR or even his solo stuff.

I don't care what Axl says, it's pretty much crystal clear that Sorry's about Slash...

Agreed completely. Clear as day. Just like crucify the dead is about Axl. The lyrics in both songs are too coincidental to be proven otherwise.

• Like 1

It's a bit misleading when Ozzy says he wrote the lyrics to songs, because he has lied through his teeth his whole career about it.

He can barely read or write, while he does come up with the vocal lines and a title or word or two here and there it is someone else (Geezer in Sabbath, Bob Daisley for the 80's, Mark Hudson etc 90s+) that writes the lyrics.

He cant read or really play music either, but that didn't stop him from claiming he wrote everything on the Bark At The Moon album ön a keyboard with one hand"

People have said I'm insane for this, but since the first time I heard it I've always thought The Blues is about Slash. I also think it's the only song on the record about any past member of GN'R.

I liked the name The Blues better than Street of Dreams too. But no- I always thought it was about Steph... Although this song and all of CD could just be songs.....who knows?

People have said I'm insane for this, but since the first time I heard it I've always thought The Blues is about Slash. I also think it's the only song on the record about any past member of GN'R.

I liked the name The Blues better than Street of Dreams too. But no- I always thought it was about Steph... Although this song and all of CD could just be songs.....who knows?
I see where you could be coming from, but I have to disagree. I think it's a Stephanie song, like TIL. It makes more sense as that to me. Sorry, on the other hand...I do believe that's about Slash.

I see where you could be coming from, but I have to disagree. I think it's a Stephanie song, like TIL. It makes more sense as that to me. Sorry, on the other hand...I do believe that's about Slash.
We need Marc to opine on this subject. Yes- Sorry could easily be about Slash....or a chick....or again- just a song.

Ok it was Ozzy with Crucify, my bad. But I think NTS was Slash to Axl

Wrong again 0 for 2 - m shadows wrote the lyrics
I highly doubt that the two songs on Slash that are most obviously about his and Axl's relationship were written by two other people.

Ozzy on writing the lyrics to Crucify the Dead: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-says-crucify-the-dead-lyrics-are-what-he-would-say-to-axl-rose-if-he-were-slash/

I never thought "nothing to say" was overly directed at anyone. Just seems like a general song about a relationship gone sour, rock n' roll has literally thousands of those. M Shadows got a writing credit, so I'd have to think they lyrics were his regardless.