BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Airing dirty laundry publicly is Ron's way of getting GNR to comply with his wishes. He's not voluntarily going anywhere.

Suppose not, but why can't he seemingly get in touch with anyone?
That's not my or your problem. I'm sure it's frustrating for Ron to have his solo plans hampered by GNR, but he's been saying this for years.

As I said before, discussing it publicly is a way of pressuring GNR management into doing what he wants. It's not a genuine threat of leaving.

I guess its not our problem, or is it? As fans...

Ron will use whatever backlash caused by his statements as a means of getting GNR to comply.

One minute he's defending GNR's delayed new music, the next he's 'threatening' to leave.

The bottom line is that Axl doesn't know what he is doing half of the time. I love the guy, I really do, but he should not be the one in charge. As long as "team Brazil" is the "management" then its going to be exactly what Axl wants to do. While that might sound good to Axl, I think he needs someone pushing him. It's not suprising that gnr faired better when Alan Niven or even Goldsteen were running the show, especially Niven. Band members aside, nugnr would be a lot more successful if a guy like Niven was the manager again. Axl is a great frontman, singer, artist, etc. But he is a terrible leader. He needs someone pushing him, even if it pisses him off from time to time. Atleast it gets him motivated. Right now he has absolutly no motivation to do anything. I'm not talking about the holidays, but in general. Take the holidays off, thats fine. But are you really gonna sit around until next summer? Work on some new music at least. I'm sorry but Team Brazil just caters to him, which means nothing is gonna happen for a long time. Sad but true folks. Maybe a tour next summer, prolly SA, but don't count on much other than that. It's just gonna be a let down.

• Like 2

Airing dirty laundry publicly is Ron's way of getting GNR to comply with his wishes. He's not voluntarily going anywhere.

Suppose not, but why can't he seemingly get in touch with anyone?
That's not my or your problem. I'm sure it's frustrating for Ron to have his solo plans hampered by GNR, but he's been saying this for years.

As I said before, discussing it publicly is a way of pressuring GNR management into doing what he wants. It's not a genuine threat of leaving.

I guess its not our problem, or is it? As fans...

Ron will use whatever backlash caused by his statements as a means of getting GNR to comply.

One minute he's defending GNR's delayed new music, the next he's 'threatening' to leave.

Can't deny that. We've read similar interviews like this one. But it seems different this time.

I don't know about you guys, but this interview to me just reads like maybe he's actually hitting his breaking point this time. Lets see how TB tries to play damage control on this one.

"Ron, you must go into mygnr and tell our fans you no quit this century!!! paycheck be muy importante!!"

Edited by ARBeast

Ron has been in far worse places than a cancelled solo tour. If he's able to stay in GNR while seemingly suicidal, why would he go now?

This is sporadic anger that should subside over the next few months.

I guess in many ways, it confirms what we already knew. This is simply not a band, its a dictatorship. There is no inputs from other members of the band on the future direction and strategy, with exception to Axl. The other guys are just paid to perform tasks that are sent to them by email.

Why can't Bumble speak to Axl directly about what is going on? Why can he only get answers from the management?

'Once there was this Rock N' Roll band rolling, on the street. Time went by, and it became a joke'

A FUCKING JOKE.

like Ive said before concerning BH and Fink: Career on hold while your kinda sorta in this big huge band called GNR only to have one album to show for your efforts and a handful of concerts together. Sitting around waiting for something to happen...decaded go by. Heres BBF with no new music on an album to show for his efforts.. touring material that is 10-27 years old playing Slashs material and held in place by a contract! THe next fucker that attempts to say this is an "authentic GNR band" needs a kick in the nuts.. this is no more a band than Walmart employees are.

Totally grooved on what he was saying because he confirmed my suspisions all along.. your on retainer to fill a slot in a band that is all but defunct as a band.. a hobby of Axls at best in 2013. He cant get an answer and hes on the inside!! WOW !

All you Slash haters take note: had he buckled up under this work ethic of Axls vision of GNR he and the rest of the crew would have been in the same boat. Rusting away while somebody in managment figures out what to do. Its pathetic at best.

Delay the next GNR album, which Axl has no interest in releasing?

What are you basing that on? There's been no statement by GNR ruling out a new album.

Delay the next GNR album, which Axl has no interest in releasing?

What are you basing that on? There's been no statement by GNR ruling out a new album.

And where is the statement that GNR even wants to release one?

All we have is a pathetic statement stating that they want to get fans information. WTF does that even mean?!?!

So… what are the chances of an album being released next year? or … what are the chances of this band doing what bands do?

Well this isn't a band. They're a cover band dictated by mickey mouse, his mother, Donald Duck, and the ultimate moocher of them all who doesn't even know how to properly release a statement in English.

Come to think of it, Beta is to Axl what Ursula was in The Little Mermaid. Axl took artistical control of GN'R and was assisted by TB, Beta took his voice.

This band is sooo dead.

Edited by EvH

But Axl got exactly what he wanted: he is the head of a company, not a partner in a company. Granted, it's a totally dysfunctional and barely successful company, but Axl is the president, Beta is the CEO, Fernando is the COO, Vanessa is the CFO, and the hired hands are the grunt workers, his line cooks, simple employees.

This is what he wanted Slash and Izzy and Duff to be. But Axl finally got his wish, he's surrounded by employees who must do as he says or he'll fire them. I mean, it's not like they actually need to CREATE anything---they're being paid to mimic Izzy and Slash's compositions note for note. You can go to Guitar Center and find 10 people who can do that, no problem.

That's not ruling anything out, just optimism in dealing with Axl's incompetent management team.

It certainly contrasts the knee-jerk reactions prevalent in this discussion.

That's not ruling anything out, just optimism in dealing with Axl's incompetent management team.

It certainly contrasts the knee-jerk reactions prevalent in this discussion.

The thread title sort of invited those knee-jerk reactions, did it not? Do you have faith in tEAM bRAZIL not to fuck this up? Seems to me that they have issues with the simplest things, employee relations are way out of their league.

Look guys... this band is far from being a joke. The reality is that the people that are involved in the label are very biased and don't endorse it. Maybe because they want to reunite the old band and don't like the way the new songs sound. They sound very differently from Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine etc...So in a way it doesn't sound like the Guns N'Roses band we're used to.

Also there's a lot of people behind the scenes trying their best to not allow stuff to be released.

It's a very very complicated situation. And i'm pretty sure it's very frustrating for Axl in times to get things going again and to even wanting to get to that creative mood.

Who knows if Azoff didn't have a deal with Slash for a reunion and because of it he did what he did to Chinese Democracy. You can't pull the idea of a reunion out of the blue.

It's a possibility that Azoff might have had everything set up for a reunion even before things started to go down. He clearly did everything in his power to get that reunion done, but he wasn't able to because Axl is a very strong and honest man and refuses to give his ass to his former old mates. You gotta respect that!

If Axl had chosen another name for his band, he would be releasing records continuously. Doing it with the name Guns N'Roses is more complicated then what it appears. It involves other people that aren't exactly in the band anymore and that have enough power to stop things from getting released at times. It's all business and sometimes business gets in the way of getting things done.

Edited by AndreCC