MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

We fans have every right to get new music. Fuck all the Axl apologetics. We paid for Axl's mansion and his lavish lifestyle. We have every right to question his bullshit.

We paid for Slash's lifestyle and mansion and he has the common fucking decency to give us new music in a timely manner.

I'll choose Slash any day over a guy who thinks the world is out to get him. If Axl can prove me wrong and actually become a credible artist again, then I'll change my tune, but until then...

No one put a gun to your head and made you spend money on GNR. Your inept sense of self entitlement is both nauseating and pathetic. Axl doesn't owe you shit.

• Like 1

We fans have every right to get new music. Fuck all the Axl apologetics. We paid for Axl's mansion and his lavish lifestyle. We have every right to question his bullshit.

We paid for Slash's lifestyle and mansion and he has the common fucking decency to give us new music in a timely manner.

I'll choose Slash any day over a guy who thinks the world is out to get him. If Axl can prove me wrong and actually become a credible artist again, then I'll change my tune, but until then...

No one put a gun to your head and made you spend money on GNR. Your inept sense of self entitlement is both nauseating and pathetic. Axl doesn't owe you shit.

Oh what a load of bullshit. People enjoy the music and have an interest in hearing more. Whats wrong with that? Is anyone knocking on Axls door at midnight? Has someone taken beta hostage? No, nothing illegal - just people having a discussion and sharing their hopes, then warriors like you come around mimicing axl's language talking down to other fans. Who gave you the right to tell other people what bands or music they should enjoy?

Oh what a load of bullshit. People enjoy the music and have an interest in hearing more. Whats wrong with that? Is anyone knocking on Axls door at midnight? Has someone taken beta hostage? No, nothing illegal - just people having a discussion and sharing their hopes, then warriors like you come around mimicing axl's language talking down to other fans. Who gave you the right to tell other people what bands or music they should enjoy?
I agree with iftheworld here. Why do we have the right to new music? We have the right to what we pay for. You buy a cd, you get music. You buy a concert ticket, you get a kick-ass preformance. But to say we made Axl rich yada yadda yadda so he owes us is crap.
  • Like 1

I agree with iftheworld here. Why do we have the right to new music? We have the right to what we pay for. You buy a cd, you get music. You buy a concert ticket, you get a kick-ass preformance. But to say we made Axl rich yada yadda yadda so he owes us is crap.

I didn't say "we made Axl rich yada yadda yadda so he owes us". What I did say was that I believe people are entitled to discuss their interest in a new album, or for that matter any other feedback regarding the setlist or shows etc. It's bad enough to deal with the inconsistent communication from the band/crew, but to have one fan talking down to another fan for their opinion is more of a turn off. Why should someone go as far as to feel "nauseated" just because of someone else's opinion about music? That's a bit too much.

We as fans have every right to want and expect new music. I don't buy into they don't owe us anything attitude. They do owe us something. As loyal fans we have received constant disappointment for almost 20 yrs. I am still a fan and will continue to support the band because I love the music and am still a fan. I do have to admit that I should give up by now, but I can't seem to walk away. I try to see some of the positives but it does get harder and harder. I remember seeing them in 2002 after years of rumors and inactivity. I thought it was finally coming together and going to actually happen. Since then we have gotten very little. I think Axl and co should realize that things have changed so much since he pissed all those years away. They will never be huge again. The prime has passed, but they can still give fans what they want. New releases are not going to sell millions anymore even from GnR. At least release some I tunes or something and throw us a bone. That would inspire us and we would keep coming to the live shows. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Edited by yourcrazy
  • Like 3

Maybe if Axl actually respected his fans and realized that we've put up with his bullshit for so long he would give us what we want the most: news and new music. All this secrecy is a fucking joke. This is a rock n' roll band, not the goddamn CIA. Yes, we have every right to have new music because without his fans, he'd either be working some shit 9-5 job or be dead. Maybe Axl and his lunatic worshipers should heed his own advice: "Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree."

I didn't say "we made Axl rich yada yadda yadda so he owes us". What I did say was that I believe people are entitled to discuss their interest in a new album, or for that matter any other feedback regarding the setlist or shows etc. It's bad enough to deal with the inconsistent communication from the band/crew, but to have one fan talking down to another fan for their opinion is more of a turn off. Why should someone go as far as to feel "nauseated" just because of someone else's opinion about music? That's a bit too much.

While I see where you're coming from it doesn't have much to do with slashisgod's initial comment.

People who think that an artist is morally obligated to create and publish just because they happen to like his art and has paid for his art before, are letting their own disappointment and bitterness get the better of themselves.

But just for fun I am going to try thinking like they do:

I have been a fan of Beatles all my life and have bought much of their music. Because of this Beatles owes me new music. I have a right to hear new Beatles music! Since I know that isn't feasible -- I am not completely insane! -- I just want $ 50 transferred to my account from Sir Paul McCartney as compensation for him not being able to give me what he owes me for me being a huge fan of Beatles and having previously supported the band and bought their music.

Wow, that was fun. I totally get why people insist on GN'R owing them new music, it just feels so good lulling yourself into a state of entitlement.

Sweet deal brother.

My position is Axl owes us two albums. I took business law, and that is a verbal contract. Axl said three albums total bitches. Chinese Democracy was one so now we're down to two.

Bitch better pay up.

Yea you're joking.