Some new info on the South American Tour

ManetsBR

Edit: According to this article (in portuguese), one of the many reasons the tour, that was supposed to have happened on October, was postponed was so they could have some more recording sessions to the new album.

Was it Richard or Dizzy who said "they are putting together tracks"? If there's any truth to the above statement, they could've used the term "recording sessions" loosely, actually meaning finalizing the album.

Now, if this is the case, I think it's safe to say the next release will be heavy on the Finck and Bucket material. Hopefully a lot of Fortus as well..

I would wager that any recording that is going on (if it's actually happening) only involves DJ & Axl at this point. Ron & Richard already recorded on a bunch of stuff for the next album that they could foreseeably use. DJ's the only who has yet to make an imprint on any of the tracks that have been around for a while.

And my guess is that the next release will consist largely, if not, entirely, of tracks that Axl has already recorded vocals for during the Chinese sessions.

all these dudes trying to make the fans believe they're some kind of ''insiders'' in the GNR world make me sick.

let's wait for the official confirmations. GN'R has some very effective communication channels to inform the fans. This ain't 2004 anymore.

Insider in the GNR world? Oh, so I shouldn't share this information? This is getting really annoying. Same thing as when the plans MyGNR revealed started to be confirmed. "Oh, stop with the 'I told you so' talk." Why? Anytime now someone shares an information he's "trying to be this, trying to be that." No one's trying anything, things are just being done for the sake of it.

And "GN'R has some very effective communication channels to inform the fans"? Really?

Not to disagree with you, as I do appreciate YOU sharing this news with us........but you have to admit, no other band in the world operates like GnR does. Can you think of any other band that releases information anonymously through members of a fan forum? Any other band's management team that doesn't put their name next to released information? Or a band member doesn't release the information?

Like I said - I'm glad information is getting released. So thank you for that. But the way it's being released is very, very strange. And to those of us who have followed Team Brazil's "career" with Axl as his management team, it just seems like they must have a reason for not being willing to attach their names to this information. And again, there is a reason that no other band does this.

So don't take too much offense when people making comments about what you are doing. Most aren't attacking YOU - they are just confused by the method GnR is using.

Now, the band isn't actually releasing info on this tour through a forum. As I understand it, this is "insider info" from promoters, not a "semi-official" press release coming from the band itself. There's tons of touring rumors surrounding all kinds of bands, just as with GN'R.

Didn't GN'R JUST confirm their festival date on their OFFICIAL website? When it comes to this, I don't think GN'R is the odd one out as you make them out to be. As per Manets, the promoters will probably go public with the touring info later this week. My bet is that GN'R will do the exact same thing. Nothing out of the ordinary about that. Could be a number of reasons for them to hold back a bit. Contracts not being finalized, waiting for the whole group of SA dates to be confirmed, then release the dates at the same time.

As for the single Mexican date, that's different because it's a festival. The festival promoter is in control of information flow, and probably had a set deadline for the announcement of the line-up.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the article's theory that GNR delayed the South American Tour in order to complete an album. The primary reason seems to have been that Richard and Dizzy were already committed to touring with the Daisies.

I have heard however, from a very reliable source of my own, that tracks are currently 'being passed around and worked on'.

I'm baffled by some of you criticizing Manets. He has a always posted reliable tour information in the past.

We know that a South American Tour is scheduled to happen immediately after the performance in Mexico...

This. I just don't get some of these people.

See y'all in Las Vegas at the Hard Rock in late January for the little residency. Looking fwd to hearing how Axl's voice is holding up after a little rest.

That can't be right. I thought the Mexico date was going to be the first.

If true that doesn't leave me with time or money to make a move to Vegas :(

End of January first week in February. You can still make vegas happen. I believe in you.

It will take some maneuvering but might be able to pull it off. Not booking anything until official info is released though.

Definitely - don't do that. I first they were in talks for November back in early September. Nothing ever seems to go as planned. I'm ready to get up there and see a few shows.

False ;)

Just heard from a reliable source that jan 14 has never been considered as a residency in LV. I haven't a confirmed date as of yet as they're still negotiating details.

See y'all in Las Vegas at the Hard Rock in late January for the little residency. Looking fwd to hearing how Axl's voice is holding up after a little rest.

End of January first week in February. You can still make vegas happen. I believe in you.

It will take some maneuvering but might be able to pull it off. Not booking anything until official info is released though.

Definitely - don't do that. I first they were in talks for November back in early September. Nothing ever seems to go as planned. I'm ready to get up there and see a few shows.

False ;)

Just heard from a reliable source that jan 14 has never been considered as a residency in LV. I haven't a confirmed date as of yet as they're still negotiating details.

Thanks, I'll definitely not book anything yet. Where did the jan 14 date come from? Eddie mentioned end of January - early feb.

False ;)

Thanks, I'll definitely not book anything yet. Where did the jan 14 date come from? Eddie mentioned end of January - early feb.

A few people PM'd me

And said this Eddie guy was quoting jan and then late jan and early

Feb and I asked of it were true and the response was "false, still negotiating details"

I have heard however, from a very reliable source of my own, that tracks are currently 'being passed around and worked on'.

That will be confirmed with a leak.

That's when stuff gets out there. During production when a lot of people have a hand in it and someone gets sticky fingers.

all these dudes trying to make the fans believe they're some kind of ''insiders'' in the GNR world make me sick.

let's wait for the official confirmations. GN'R has some very effective communication channels to inform the fans. This ain't 2004 anymore.

Insider in the GNR world? Oh, so I shouldn't share this information? This is getting really annoying. Same thing as when the plans MyGNR revealed started to be confirmed. "Oh, stop with the 'I told you so' talk." Why? Anytime now someone shares an information he's "trying to be this, trying to be that." No one's trying anything, things are just being done for the sake of it.

And "GN'R has some very effective communication channels to inform the fans"? Really?

Not to disagree with you, as I do appreciate YOU sharing this news with us........but you have to admit, no other band in the world operates like GnR does. Can you think of any other band that releases information anonymously through members of a fan forum? Any other band's management team that doesn't put their name next to released information? Or a band member doesn't release the information?

Like I said - I'm glad information is getting released. So thank you for that. But the way it's being released is very, very strange. And to those of us who have followed Team Brazil's "career" with Axl as his management team, it just seems like they must have a reason for not being willing to attach their names to this information. And again, there is a reason that no other band does this.

So don't take too much offense when people making comments about what you are doing. Most aren't attacking YOU - they are just confused by the method GnR is using.

Now, the band isn't actually releasing info on this tour through a forum. As I understand it, this is "insider info" from promoters, not a "semi-official" press release coming from the band itself. There's tons of touring rumors surrounding all kinds of bands, just as with GN'R.

Didn't GN'R JUST confirm their festival date on their OFFICIAL website? When it comes to this, I don't think GN'R is the odd one out as you make them out to be. As per Manets, the promoters will probably go public with the touring info later this week. My bet is that GN'R will do the exact same thing. Nothing out of the ordinary about that. Could be a number of reasons for them to hold back a bit. Contracts not being finalized, waiting for the whole group of SA dates to be confirmed, then release the dates at the same time.

As for the single Mexican date, that's different because it's a festival. The festival promoter is in control of information flow, and probably had a set deadline for the announcement of the line-up.

Sigh.

You seriously believe that this is how the information stream flows for all major bands? And that GnR's management team operates like all other band's teams do?

If you honestly believe that.......well, then there isn't really much I can add to this conversation except ......cheers! Hope you have a great day!

So lots of rumors on touring and new songs in 2014. What is the band's official statement on the matter???

Edited by Groghan

Sigh.

You seriously believe that this is how the information stream flows for all major bands? And that GnR's management team operates like all other band's teams do?

If you honestly believe that.......well, then there isn't really much I can add to this conversation except ......cheers! Hope you have a great day!

So lots of rumors on touring and new songs in 2014. What is the band's official statement on the matter???

I'm sorry, but where did Manets say that this info was coming from the band's management? This is unofficial info coming from a promoter. Is your impression that GN'Rs management have instructed the promoter to leak this info to a fan forum? As far as I can tell, the management has nothing to do with this, they'll announce dates officially when things are confirmed. That's what I expect anyway.

What I believe is that touring rumors is common for all major bands. The info we just received from Manets is just that, until officially announced by the band and promoters, it's a rumor.

You make it out to be that Manets OP in this thread is the actual press release from GN'R.

I think you know very well the band's official statement on the matter, one concert confirmed on March 16 in Mexico.

EDIT: To clarify, I assume you talk about the info about tour dates from this thread. If you're talking about the earlier info coming from UK subs/NGOG, I think that was more of a heads up on what's in store. And in that case, I'll agree with you that it wouldn't have taken much effort by the management to put it out themselves. I guess they are afraid of backlash in case still unconfirmed things don't go through as planned, understandably. By throwing us at the forums a bone, we'll get a little more informed without the mainstream media knowing much about it.

Edited by Spirit

thx for the info Mannets ! i'm goin' to the São Paulo's show :P Anyone know anything about the empty dates? even if they do more concerts in Mexico (Guadalajara and Monterrey) this will leave a big space between Mexico and Chile

Edited by FabioRoses
  • Like 1

Edit: According to this article (in portuguese), one of the many reasons the tour, that was supposed to have happened on October, was postponed was so they could have some more recording sessions to the new album.

Hopefully they cancel all these album shenanigans so that they can focus on touring.

:lol:

But seriously, that bit at the end was literally the only hopeful thing about the entire OP. Otherwise, another SA trek is just more never-ending touring masturbation.

but I like masturbation

Guns N' Roses

As was announced last week, Guns N' Roses are slated to play Hell And Heaven Metal Fest 2011 in Mexico City, Mexico on March 16, 2014. Despite the hearsay and rumors, that is the only show that we have scheduled. More info on the festival and tickets are on the event page linked below. If you are seriously going to be there join and leave a relevant comment on the event page so we can keep you advised of things there.
  • Like 1

The thing is, the people that run GNR social media aren't in the know. I was actually speaking to one such person last night and they said they weren't at liberty to discuss other possible dates until 'certain anchor events get inked'.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

The thing is, the people that run GNR social media aren't in the know. I was actually speaking to one such person last night and they said they weren't at liberty to discuss other possible dates until 'certain anchor events get inked'.

So the people that runs GUNS N' ROSES media aren't informed while the MyGNR crew is? What a great band this is haha

So the people that runs GUNS N' ROSES media aren't informed while the MyGNR crew is? What a great band this is haha

I'm a little confused as well. Are they not informed or are they not at liberty to discuss? Two very different things.

Or possibly not fully informed?

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

I'm a little confused as well. Are they not informed or are they not at liberty to discuss? Two very different things.

Or possibly not fully informed?

Team Brazil and Backplane are very different things. Backplane are the people employed by Team Brazil to run GNR social media. It's not surprising that they aren't aware of every GNR plan.

What we've obtained and reported has been verified by GNR management. Don't forget that Backplane are the same people who reported the utterly fake 'interview with Izzy'.

Guns N' Roses

As was announced last week, Guns N' Roses are slated to play Hell And Heaven Metal Fest 2011 in Mexico City, Mexico on March 16, 2014. Despite the hearsay and rumors, that is the only show that we have scheduled. More info on the festival and tickets are on the event page linked below. If you are seriously going to be there join and leave a relevant comment on the event page so we can keep you advised of things there.

The band is WRONG, absolutely WRONG! They know nothing! The 2 guys in brazil already know the number of shows, the dates, the venues, and even the catering Axl will eat at the shows! Don't you dare to distrust the 2 guys in brazil! LOL

Guns N' Roses

The band is WRONG, absolutely WRONG! They know nothing! The 2 guys in brazil already know the number of shows, the dates, the venues, and even the catering Axl will eat at the shows! Don't you dare to distrust the 2 guys in brazil! LOL

I think that's a bit harsh. There's probably something to the rumors we've got from SA now, but GNR keeps their mouth shut until things are finalized.

The exact dates, venues etc. could very well change before we hear official word, but I think there's a good chance we'll see a SA tour.

Believing in rumors is up to each person, but no need to be so aggressive about distrusting the source.

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 1