Does Slash Have A #1 Album Left In Him?

Bro-mero

A #1 Album For Slash?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What was his last hit? Fall To Pieces? and the riff for it was written years ago. (he played it to Axl)

It also took the rest of Velvet Revolver but idk. I think it's possible.

I said this many times before: Slash has the potential to create something great, but he doesn't push himself hard enough and/or he doesn't have someone that could really extract the best he can offer by just having the right kind of chemistry and talent.

He plays it way too safe imo. Kinda lazy when it comes to recording too, but he seems to really enjoy staying in his comfort zone so what can you do.

Edited by Rovim

Without a question, yes he does. He needs to find the right band for it. It could happen with the Conspirators, but mainly I think they put out albums too fast for that, and also they don't have enough mainstream exposure. But yeah, he's never showed any sign of not having much left in the tank, so given the right circumstances for him I think its absolutely possible he could have another #1 this decade.

Without a question, yes he does. He needs to find the right band for it. It could happen with the Conspirators, but mainly I think they put out albums too fast for that, and also they don't have enough mainstream exposure. But yeah, he's never showed any sign of not having much left in the tank, so given the right circumstances for him I think its absolutely possible he could have another #1 this decade.

If KOC ever puts out an original album, definitely

I don´t think Slash cares about a #1 album. He makes an album the way he wants it. And he goes on tour

The two are not mutually exclusive. I highly doubt Slash doesn't care. I bet he would love to have a number 1 album or a hit song.

A GN´R reunion and a new album from them. Yes that would be a #1. He seems to be open to it although not desperate. But not with a Slash solo project and he knows it.

I don´t think Slash cares about a #1 album. He makes an album the way he wants it. And he goes on tour

The two are not mutually exclusive. I highly doubt Slash doesn't care. I bet he would love to have a number 1 album or a hit song.

A GN´R reunion and a new album from them. Yes that would be a #1. He seems to be open to it although not desperate. But not with a Slash solo project and he knows it.

Why not? It's possible. Gotta be the right song in the right time, but it could happen. Every few years there's like a retro thing where the public misses classic/hard rock.

Contraband had 2 hits cause it was the right songs at exactly the right time with a huge push from the record company. Granted, it had a big name vocalist and the Guns history behind it, but Slash can probably find a new vocalist and go for it again with Velvet Revolver or just a brand new band.

Why not? It's possible. Gotta be the right song in the right time, but it could happen. Every few years there's like a retro thing where the public misses classic/hard rock.

Contraband had 2 hits cause it was the right songs at exactly the right time with a huge push from the record company. Granted, it had a big name vocalist and the Guns history behind it, but Slash can probably find a new vocalist and go for it again with Velvet Revolver or just a brand new band.

VR was a super group when that thing was trendy. And I don´t think that is a Slash priority nor Duff´s for that matter right now. There was no classic rock retro nothing. All we had in the early 2000 was Nu Metal besides a couple of super groups. And it didn´t last very long. With the current state of the music indrustry only a GN´R reunion album would give Slash a # 1. And it doesn´t look like Slash is desperate for that #1. Otherwise he would´ve done what Axl wants him to do to join GN´R again

VR was a super group when that thing was trendy. And I don´t think that is a Slash priority nor Duff´s for that matter right now. There was no classic rock retro nothing. All we had in the early 2000 was Nu Metal besides a couple of super groups. And it didn´t last very long. With the current state of the music indrustry only a GN´R reunion album would give Slash a # 1. And it doesn´t look like Slash is desperate for that #1. Otherwise he would´ve done what Axl wants him to do to join GN´R again

No one said Slash was desperate for a number one album or a hit song. I just think that he would love his future work to achieve that status. (and why wouldn't he? it's perfectly understandable)

Around 2004 there was definitely a retro thing when it came to old school rock music. (in many cases from bands that were around for a long time) It came after Nu metal was not as relevant anymore.

Slash is an iconic guitarist. Maybe one of the most known musicians of his generation. I think you underestimate his potential.

Plus, it's not like Slash can just join Gn'R again, even if he wanted to or was desperate to have a number 1 album.

Edited by Rovim