2 or 3 new songs for 2014 tour

rudolf1978

I didn't check out the AMA, but couldn't it potentially be songs that he doesn't consider new, but that the public has never heard? Like Bucket era stuff. I know he's said in the past that he doesn't consider those "new songs," because the band that wrote and recorded them doesn't exist anymore. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if its just Illusion songs or the CD outtakes that we've heard, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's talking about new songs that he just doesn't consider new.

• Like 1

Q:what is one GNR song that you with GNR have never played that you would like to add to the set list

B.F:Perfect crime,yesterdays....would like to do scraped more often

Q:Guns are rumoured to be adding 2-3 new songs to the set,Are they new guns original or what

B.F:Only thing i can asume is that it would be 2-3 songs never played live

And during all the interview he said that the truth is that there is no new written material from this line up for 5 years

Edited by rudolf1978

Q:what is one GNR song that you with GNR have never played that you would like to add to the set list

B.F:Perfect crime,yesterdays....would like to do scraped more often

Q:Guns are rumoured to be adding 2-3 new songs to the set,Are they new guns original or what

B.F:Only thing i can asume is that it would be 2-3 songs never played live

And during all the interview he said that the truth is that there is no new written material from this line up for 5 years

Given that there is no indication that Axl has written any lyrics whatsoever since 2007. I doubt there will ever be any new material from this lineup.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

I'm still betting on GD, OMG and maybe silkworms or an old Guns N' Roses song from the UYIs like Yesterdays.

That would be my best guess. The only thing that makes me wonder otherwise is that it seems like Axl's moved away from the industrial type stuff. I could definitely see Goin Down though. When leaked I had suspicions that the GNR camp might have done it to put their feelers out in order to gauge the general reception. I thought that with the early CD leaks too (not the skwerl leaks obviously).

Edited by Mr. Dude

I guess when GNR plays the concert in Mexico we'll find out if they actually do perform new songs? But is it really new new songs or just songs they haven't ever played live?

I hope it's new songs and not covers of other bands's songs.

I hope that Axl does still have his writing talent for writing new songs, but who knows?

Debuting 2-3 new songs can only mean songs totally new and unheard songs.

Silkworms n Oh My God dont follow this criteria, they debuted 2001. Going Down although it was leaked could fill the concept.

If we stay literally Id expect something like Atlas,

The General, something really new to test the waters

no new material within last 5 years from this lineup

Do you have exact quotes he said regarding this?

Uhhh. Is this topic broken? I didn't even post that in here from what I can remember and I don't see it. What a clusterfuck.

Perfect Crime and Oh my god,i think BF said that he would love to play Yesterdays...

That would be too ironic.

no new material within last 5 years from this lineup

Do you have exact quotes he said regarding this?

:blink:

I highly doubt it will be any vaulted stuff.

I'm 50/50 on Going Down. What's it say to all the leakers you're trying to keep down when you play a song live solely because it leaked? I kinda wonder what Axl's mindset is on that. I know before he just said "fuck it", but purely from a business pov, is it really smart to keep catering to the illegal "downloading mother fuckers"? Hmm...

I wouldn't put it past Axl's "management" to actually consider two new piss bre...I mean solo spots to be "two new songs".

Also don't see the sense of bringing back two duds no one gave a shit about 14 years ago when you have a whole vault of unheard shit to try out. But then again, almost nothing this "band" does makes much sense to begin with. :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1