In what direction would you like to see Slash go in?

ShadowOfTheWave

More Anastasia, less Bad Rain.

Umm... I just want him to grow artistically and move away from his comfort zone a little. His solos are, for the most part, not as good as I think he can deliver, and the structure of the songs is boring. Every song is structually pretty much the same.

I want it to be inspired and not so generic. By The Sword, Watch This, and the solo in Mother Maria were all very cool.

Anastasia has a certain feel to it that is great imo. Maybe even do a ballad where the solo is as good as the Street Child solo.

I'm not too worried about riffs. Slash always has some bad ass riffs. Just make an album that is as strong as Contraband. There is no reason he couldn't do that.

The conspirators is a band that has toured together a lot and already have one album under their belt.

Personally I think Myles is not the right frontman to inspire Slash to deliver something great, but I'm still hopeful this album will be better then AL.

Edited by Rovim

I'd like to see him as part of a project that he's not at the helm of. I think he's better when he's not relied upon to be the sole/primary creative force in the group. I think he shines most brightly when its a more collaborative effort- GNR, VR. I like a few things here and there from his solo projects, but I'm underwhelmed by the vast majority of it.

I would like to see Slash try to venture a little more of a direction like Anastasia and try to twist some things around that doesn't sound very derivative, but still have the elements of sound that Slash is known for, and Myles could be the right guy for it as evident as Alter Bridge's Fortress album and I'm sure the Conspirators could be game for any twists here and there.

The thing is, and this is a good thing, is that Slash's solo band have some advantages that AB does not have. For instance, the band could incorporate songs with three guitar players in it (him, Myles, and Sidoris) or maybe he could have Damnit Kerns sing a song, or other stuff. The possibilities is there. It all depends on whether or not Slash is up for doing something like it since, at the end of the day, its his final call on how he wants the album to sound.

Edited by Anguyen92

A lot of people on the forums, even Slash die-hards, say they wish he would push himself more, or take more time to make more creative music. What kinds of stuff would you like to see more of? Stuff like Anastasia? No More Heroes? Something heavier? Something more complex or experimental?

a bit of all you've mentioned

What i really want is a better hard rock singer than Myles with more dynamic voice

Sure would like to see him work with Izzy again.. Slash is a killer lead guitarist but it works the best with Izzy's dirty rythym. There really isn't much better than their combined sounds..

But more songs like Anastasia and Standing in the sun, Slither, Dirty Little Thing....

Edited by Tom-Ass

I would like to see him go in the direction of retirement

why?

He still more than eager to make new music

Your wish would be more applicable to Axl

he should try something that doesnt sound like the same shit over and over again. ditch myles and get a singer who doesnt suck. anastasia was a good start.

Rod Jackson or John Corabi would be super cool

or a strong, raspy female singer

I would like to see him go in the direction of retirement

why?

He still more than eager to make new music

Your wish would be more applicable to Axl

he should try something that doesnt sound like the same shit over and over again. ditch myles and get a singer who doesnt suck. anastasia was a good start.

Rod Jackson or John Corabi would be super cool

or a strong, raspy female singer

corabi would be a cool fit. even the bass player would be a good fit, like his voice.