"What Happened When Axl Rose Rented My Apartment"

jekylhyde

A lot of people around the world get evicted everyday because they can't pay their rents, so when a rich guy rents a house and doens't even go there for 2 years, it matters!

It does? Why is that?

Guest Len B'stard

A lot of people around the world get evicted everyday because they can't pay their rents, so when a rich guy rents a house and doens't even go there for 2 years, it matters!

It does? Why is that?

Morality Dazey, I wouldn't worry, i don't think it applies in your case :lol:

sometimes a net worth doesn't mean much, though.

michael jackson's net worth was huge, but he was still facing bankruptcy a few years back and that was the reason he had to tour again. the more you own and the more bills you owe, the less your net worth means.

Not strictly true though is it? Net worth is the bottom line of the balance sheet after all credits, assets AND expenditures are taken into account isn't it? In the same way that gross earnings are counted before taxes and other deductions.

It does? Why is that?

What the fuck has somebody not being able to pay their rent got to do with Axl choosing to rent a house? You can argue there is some tenuous butterfly knock on effect at some point I'm sure but that really just comes across as jealousy more often than not. :shrugs:

It does? Why is that?

What the fuck has somebody not being able to pay their rent got to do with Axl choosing to rent a house? You can argue there is some tenuous butterfly knock on effect at some point I'm sure but that really just comes across as jealousy more often than not. :shrugs:

Yes, I'd imagine that the poor fuckers getting kicked out of their house probably would be jealous of a rock star with a luxury pad to spare. :lol:

I don't think it should bother anyone that he payed his rent on a place he never went to. Most people spend unnecessary amounts of money on things they don't need. It just happens at different levels.

It's not like we are all sharing Axl's wealth and he spent more of it then we did. It's his money, we all have our own.

I'd just like to know if he plans on recording in New York, or if he was really just looking for a change of scenery.

Yes, I'd imagine that the poor fuckers getting kicked out of their house probably would be jealous of a rock star with a luxury pad to spare. :lol:

Exactly! :lol: No but seriously there was a thing in the news over here a while ago where a bunch of fuckin' hippies broke into a huge mansion in London and wrecked the place. Their argument was that the owner didn't live there and people around the world were homeless so they should be allowed to just doss in any empty building they could find. Personally I'd have had them all shot if it was my house and we were allowed to do that sort of thing over here. :lol:

I don't think it should bother anyone that he payed his rent on a place he never went to. Most people spend unnecessary amounts of money on things they don't need. It just happens at different levels.

Exactly! It just becomes a question of where do you then draw the line. I'm off for a pint and a pub lunch in half an hour or so but there's people in this country living on half a tin of cat food a day in this country so maybe I should reconsider my priorities eh? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Exactly! :lol: No but seriously there was a thing in the news over here a while ago where a bunch of fuckin' hippies broke into a huge mansion in London and wrecked the place. Their argument was that the owner didn't live there and people around the world were homeless so they should be allowed to just doss in any empty building they could find. Personally I'd have had them all shot if it was my house and we were allowed to do that sort of thing over here. :lol:

Well yeah it stands to reason that it'd be a form of jealousy, wouldn't it, i mean how could it not be? But it'd be righteously so. The notion that there should be empty buildings all over the fuckin' place and there be homeless people too is pretty out of order. But then at the same time mans got a right to do what he wants with his property so...i dunno, see my feelings about it are as follows, if you can break into a house and have a roof over your head for a while then more power to ya. What I am against though, is the idea that the owner can't use force when he finds out to get said people out of the property. I mean it's one thing if you're a chancer who got away with a few days in someones gaff but when the games up then the games up, i don't think it's fair you should be able to then stay there and wave your willy in owners face like nyah nyah, i ain't goin nowhere, if you can operate outside of the bounds of the law to gain access to a property i think the landlord should be allowed to physically remove you by force. Not deadly force mind you, just chuck you the fuck out.

Thing about these squatters, they prey on like, staid stuffy businessmen that they know ain't gonna do nothing but i've been privy to a few forced evictions and the amount they give it about 'i know my rights' and all that, the fuckin' colour drains from their face when you turn up with a few of your mates and look like you mean business.

They're all fuckin' pussies anyway, most of em. Unless they're pikeys in which case you're in trouble but pikeys don't tend to squat. In the instance I was referring to a mate of mine went with me to one of his properties a week after a move in date where some tenants had been fuckin' him about promising to leave and assuring him this day, the next day etc etc til it was like 8 days gone so me and him go around this guys house and we're just like look, you've had more than your fair share of time etc etc now we ain't leaving her til you leave, now are you gonna go or what? And he's like no and i know my rights and fuck you and all this and i was like, right, you're not gonna leave, are you sure? and he's like yes, you can't kick me out, i'll stay for as long as i like til i find somewhere and we're like right, fine so i bell up my mate Patrick and he turns up, comes in and locks the door and goes right, now you can't leave, walks over to the mattress he has on the floor and picks his dirty nit-headed girlfriend up off the floor and throws her into the closet and closes the door and stands in front of it and looks at the guy going 'so you gonna come get her then?' and he's just fuckin' frozen there...Patrick goes who was the fuckin' lad saying they'd choose when they'd leave her?' walking towards him (he's still sitting on the matress on the floor, on his bum) and just slaps him, belter of a slap and knocks him on his side and my mate goes 'OK now you can either leave here now quietly with your bird and all your shit OR you can stay, Patrick'll shag the both of you and then put you out, so how'd you fancy it?' and he goes i'd like to go please. And he's like now say sorry to Patrick for wasting his time and i SWEAR the lad goes, in the most pitiful voice 'sorry Patrick!' :lol: At this point it occured to me that the girl in the closet weren't making a lot of noise, opened the door and she's in there, having banged her head on the hot water tank and got a cut above her eye, just huddled up there terrified, you'd think you'd scream or shout but apparently not.

Anyway they both got their shit together and found that like, they had no way of taking their big screen plasma TV and the guy was like oh keep the TV for the arrears and i'll come pick it up later and my mates like i don't want your poxy TV, just fuck off and he's like i got nowhere to put it so he's just like right well thats your problem, it's going out in the fuckin' street then and just chucked it out on the pavements. Fuckin' tinkers were along inside of 20 mins and had his telly away.

Now, i don't generally agree with that kind of behaviour but at the same time, if you're gonna fuckin' gear up and act all fuckin' lairy with people then sometimes this is the kinda shit you get. It's a difficult kind of rage to describe when someones sitting in YOUR gaff tellin' YOU to fuck off and he'll leave when he fancys it.

P.S. the guys car got keyed my some mysterious stranger weeks later so it's swings and roundabouts :lol: My basic feelings of it are similar to The Clashes reaction to bootlegs, if you can get away with it and make a few quid off our name then we ain't gonna waste time chasing you or suing you but if we catch you in the act then we're gonna wrap the tape recorder round your head.

Edited by sugaraylen

I hate it when rich people spend their money on dumb things like these. I mean, it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it. But to me it's just dumb and foolish. I don't actually hate it, I don't just understand it. If you have money to spend it like that, you have too much.

Then again, what do I know about the life of a rock star. I would probably spend money even more stupider things.

I'm not that rich but I did try to rent two apartments at a time, one was empty for 1 year because of women ;-)

Depends of your purpose eventually.

I hate it when rich people spend their money on dumb things like these. I mean, it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it. But to me it's just dumb and foolish. I don't actually hate it, I don't just understand it. If you have money to spend it like that, you have too much.

Then again, what do I know about the life of a rock star. I would probably spend money even more stupider things.

is just money.. it doesn't matter.

Takes the sting out of poverty somewhat though, doesn't it? Don't believe me? Trying paying your rent with hippie sentiment, see what happens.

You don't need to pay rent at all, there is other ways of living outside the capitalist system.

And what happen if you don't pay rent? Homeless ppl are alive and well. Most of the homeless ppl i know wants to live that way.

Then again, rich ppl can do what they want with the money. In the end we are all just dust n bones.. rich or poor. We don't get to carry the gold to the otherside.

Poverty is not rockstars fault, at least they gave us music. Politicians give us headaches.

Edited by Russel Nash

Guest Len B'stard
You don't need to pay rent at all, there is other ways of living outside the capitalist system.

Shit, you can live on a life support machine too but it's hardly a day at the races, is it?

And what happen if you don't pay rent? Homeless ppl are alive and well. Most of the homeless ppl i know wants to live that way.

Is 'well' quite the word you were looking for? Between getting robbed, sleeping in doors ways, having drunk wankers piss on you and beat you up for a laugh, being homeless ain't a lifestyle choice y'know, it's lack of a place to live. Well if they want to live that way that don't make em homeless in the true sense of the word, does it? Homeless is people who ain't got no choice in the matter, not someone that once had a gaff and woke up one morning and decided he wanted to live out on the streets for a laugh.
Poverty is not rockstars fault

Thank you for clearing that up :lol:

Then again, rich ppl can do what they want with the money. In the end we are all just dust n bones.. rich or poor. We don't get to carry the gold to the otherside.

So the measure of value is strictly associated with that which is eternal? Lemme clear it up for ya mate, there is no other side, there's only here and now and thats the only side you need to worry about and in the here and now, money helps.

Seriously, though. I'm not criticizing, more envying in a way. I mean, what's your end game here? You're debating with someone who literally said that most homeless people want to be homeless. What do you get out of this exchange? Is it just honing your own argument?

Guest Len B'stard

A nine hour shift sitting at a desk really :lol: What do i get out of it, hmmm, y'know, you've blown my fuckin' mind with that, what DO i get out of this? I really don't know :lol: Jack shit would be the short answer! I guess I just like a bit of a natter, sort of like a mothers meet, y'know? :lol:

Seriously, though. I'm not criticizing, more envying in a way. I mean, what's your end game here? You're debating with someone who literally said that most homeless people want to be homeless. What do you get out of this exchange? Is it just honing your own argument?

I said most of the homeless ppl I KNOW.

What you don't understand is that we live in different worlds. I don't live in "AMERICA".

Shit, you can live on a life support machine too but it's hardly a day at the races, is it?

Is 'well' quite the word you were looking for? Between getting robbed, sleeping in doors ways, having drunk wankers piss on you and beat you up for a laugh, being homeless ain't a lifestyle choice y'know, it's lack of a place to live. Well if they want to live that way that don't make em homeless in the true sense of the word, does it? Homeless is people who ain't got no choice in the matter, not someone that once had a gaff and woke up one morning and decided he wanted to live out on the streets for a laugh.

So the measure of value is strictly associated with that which is eternal? Lemme clear it up for ya mate, there is no other side, there's only here and now and thats the only side you need to worry about and in the here and now, money helps.

You don't believe that ppl can live without money?

There was this guy "Beto", who live on the streets in my town. He once was a pediatrician and had a nice n rich family. One day he decided that he wants to live with nothing, so he left his house and his family and started to sleep at the train station. Basically his day was ask for change and then spend it on alcohol.

Here medical treatment is free.

I used to chat with the guy and give them some money, he passed away 2 years ago.

Edited by Russel Nash

Guest Len B'stard

Whats where you live got to do with it? And where do you live anyway? Not that it makes a lot of different to the point, if you choose to be homeless then thats not being homeless, is it? In much the same way as if you saw your own leg off and end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life you can't sit amongst a bunch of disabled veterans going 'i lost my leg' cuz you didn't.

I said most of the homeless ppl I KNOW.

What you don't understand is that we live in different worlds. I don't live in "AMERICA".

You don't believe that ppl can live without money?

No, i know they can live without money, if you're alright with living off dogshit sandwiches and chasing Pigeons for scraps outside the local KFC it's more than possible, it's just not exactly top of the list of best lifestyle choices.

Most of the homeless ppl i know wants to live that way.

What?

It is true. In Montreal there is tons of homeless and none of them ever accept any help.

They chose that life. in this day and age we have tons of programs for unemployed..they chose not to use them.

Guest Len B'stard

What?

It is true. In Montreal there is tons of homeless and none of them ever accept any help.

They chose that life. in this day and age we have tons of programs for unemployed..they chose not to use them.

Once again, those people don't count, do they? Homeless means bereft of home, not gave up home cuz he wanted to live on the streets like a dirty pisshead or some fuckin' student squatter that can run off back home to Mum and Dad when being a rebel ain't no fun no more.