"I always joke that I play guitar for a hobby and that really I'm an entrepreneur" says DJ Ashba, seemingly without irony or self awareness

TeeJay410

What I find laughable is the amount of people who bash Bumble but this guy does the what Bumble does multiplied by 10. DJ is a poor, generic guitar player (listen to Sixx-AM, it's god awful... like Drowning pool or seether) he sells horrible clothes and he has little to no integrity when it comes to GnR "new music is absolutely our main priority, DJ 2011". He will never rock the boat as he knows he's on to a good thing. seems like a nice guy, but I have no time for him.

Bumble and Richard could handle guitar duties in GnR, DJ is not going anywhere though.

• Like 3

What I find laughable is the amount of people who bash Bumble but this guy does the what Bumble does multiplied by 10. DJ is a poor, generic guitar player (listen to Sixx-AM, it's god awful... like Drowning pool or seether) he sells horrible clothes and he has little to no integrity when it comes to GnR "new music is absolutely our main priority, DJ 2011". He will never rock the boat as he knows he's on to a good thing. seems like a nice guy, but I have no time for him.

Bumble and Richard could handle guitar duties in GnR, DJ is not going anywhere though.

THIS

DJ's image and stage presence, phonie or not, makes him charismatic and therefore easily hated/loved... And there's no denying the dude seems like a truly productive and talented entrepreneur. On a Gn'R perspective he's got great stage chemistry with Axl and that's hugely important.

DJ's image and stage presence, phonie or not, makes him charismatic and therefore easily hated/loved... And there's no denying the dude seems like a truly productive and talented entrepreneur. On a Gn'R perspective he's got great stage chemistry with Axl and that's hugely important.

he's does have some sort of star power/presence that Ron and Fortus don't have. If you show a pic of Dj to a random person they'd guess Motely Crue or some guitar player. If you show pic Ron they say Jethro Tull/Billy Connelly?

Dj is just the right mold, he's like a Motley and GNR fan. Mick Mars meets Slash with some Tim Burton thrown in.

he's does have some sort of star power/presence that Ron and Fortus don't have. If you show a pic of Dj to a random person they'd guess Motely Crue or some guitar player. If you show pic Ron they say Jethro Tull/Billy Connelly?

Dj is just the right mold, he's like a Motley and GNR fan. Mick Mars meets Slash with some Tim Burton thrown in.

Don't forget the gay, because there was a whole metric shit ton of that thrown in.
  • Like 1

Finck is all over this guy, get him back in the band and get this wannabe out... Nuff said.

except Finck was an even bigger butcher of the old material then DJ is..............
Difference is, is that DJ struggles to produce bland note for note copies of Slash's notes. While Robin changed the solo on purpose to fit his style better, thus resulting in an alteration on the guitar line.

DJ can't even play the original version right, and messes up the simplest of riffs (SCOM intro). And doesn't even attempt harder things like the SCOM solo.

• Like 2

Finck is all over this guy, get him back in the band and get this wannabe out... Nuff said.

except Finck was an even bigger butcher of the old material then DJ is..............
Difference is, is that DJ struggles to produce bland note for note copies of Slash's notes. While Robin changed the solo on purpose to fit his style better, thus resulting in an alteration on the guitar line.

DJ can't even play the original version right, and messes up the simplest of riffs (SCOM intro). And doesn't even attempt harder things like the SCOM solo.

That is one way to spin it mate...in any case neither of them played the old material very well IMHO...now Buckehead on the other hand was able to play the old material and inject his own style and make it sound amazing...........biggest loss to NuGuns the day he quit............

I do prefer Robin but you gotta admit his SCOM sounded terrible in 2001 and 2002.

I do prefer Robin but you gotta admit his SCOM sounded terrible in 2001 and 2002.

Oh I am not saying Robin is not preferable to DJ just that neither of them played the old material very well............I was actually excited to see what the Buckethead/ Finck band would evolve into after seeing them in Boston...the current lineup not so much...talented but faceless.............

Oh I am not saying Robin is not preferable to DJ just that neither of them played the old material very well............I was actually excited to see what the Buckethead/ Finck band would evolve into after seeing them in Boston...the current lineup not so much...talented but faceless.............

Agreed 100%! I was actually very much behind the BH/Finck/Brain lineup because I had the feeling that they could actually put their own stamp on the band. Nowadays I simply don't get that with this lineup.

100%. The last sentence is the sad reality of the situation.