Axl/GN'R Trending On Yahoo

It weirdly happens from time to time because of no apparent reason.

Really? Typically when I have seen it in the past, it was the result of some sort of current news (RRHOF, calling Slash a "cancer", etc).

Just seems odd. I was genuinely hoping that he and Slash had ran into one another at a Hollywood New Year's Eve bash.

Edited by Kush

When I first saw it, I was worried that he had died. Or that he announced a reunion of the classic lineup. Glad to see it wasn't the former ...

Glad to see it wasn't the latter either

So where are all the people who say no one cares about Axl outside these forums? Oops.

This inb4slashfanboys

Most likely the article circulating about having rented that apartment in NYC for two years and never using it.

Yes it is because of the apartment. The thing is the guy who wrote the article paints a positive picture of Axl. Still I don´t think that story should be trending. There isn´t much of a news

I imagine there's probably a lot of people off from work today, hungover, and passing the time by typing "Please God! Have Axl stop being such a dick and allow us a GNR reunion in 2014!!" into Yahoo.

The most logical explanation, IMO.

Edited by Kush

So where are all the people who say no one cares about Axl outside these forums? Oops.

People don't care about Axl's creative output, or whether or not he ever releases another nu album outside this forum. That's what people mean when they say "Nobody cares about Axl anymore". Just thought I'd clarify.

People don't care about Axl's creative output, or whether or not he ever releases another nu album outside this forum. That's what people mean when they say "Nobody cares about Axl anymore". Just thought I'd clarify.
For some reason people like to see cringeworthy pics of Axl. In the portuguese google, if you type Axl Rose, one of the first sugestions is "Axl Rose Gordo" which means "Axl Rose fat" :D

Idk one of my friends just mentioned that a celebrity rented an apartment for 3 years and never went inside...I get the feeling that some people have no idea who Axl Rose is. On the other hand he is trending.

I think it's an interesting story, if Axl had to explain why he does the things he does I think we would be left more confused. There would be more to talk about too though.

Axl's morphing into this guy (surprisingly, no GNR Monopoly game)

monopoly-1.jpg

Funny you should mention that. I was playing Monopoly over Xmas, one of the personalised types and was musing that a GnR version would be fun. I spent my time in between turns trying to figure out what all the squares would be named.

I believe there is a site where you can create your own version of the game, it's quite expensive I think but someone could probably do it.

It would be a good prize for the next mygnrforum competition.

Axl's morphing into this guy (surprisingly, no GNR Monopoly game)

monopoly-1.jpg

Funny you should mention that. I was playing Monopoly over Xmas, one of the personalised types and was musing that a GnR version would be fun. I spent my time in between turns trying to figure out what all the squares would be named.

I believe there is a site where you can create your own version of the game, it's quite expensive I think but someone could probably do it.

It would be a good prize for the next mygnrforum competition.

That's actually a good idea.

Chance/Community Chest Card Examples:

-Slash sues over GnR name rights. Pay out $500.

-2002 come back tour cancelled. Go back 2 spaces.

-Destroy luxery car. Pay out $400.

-Rerecord new album. Pay out $200.

-Sue guitar hero for using your song with slash in it. Recieve $300.

-Buckethead upset. Advance to disney land.

-Cause a riot at concert. Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

You could have Dj, Microphone, Top Hat, Football Jersey, Guitar, Drum, Piano, Axl, and Dijon tokens.

Edited by liers
  • Like 1

GNR is number 4 on the Yahoo treading now. This is the 2nd day in a row.

It all about the DJ's Helicopter ride.

I guess we could call this The Helicoper Incident.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/vegas-officer-retires-guns-n-39-roses-inquiry-094941465.html

Wonder why they are reporting things that are very minor the GNR world and basicly a very very small dot in world news, a 2 year rental not used and a helicopter ride. Got to be bigger news out there than that.

Could it be that the label and managment are making a point to push this news ahead a something bigger just to get people to see the GNR name and have it fresh on there memory.

Doubt it but why in the hell would they report these 2 things?

Edited by bigcountry