Ashba chat, right now

DJ is more important than Jimmy Page. FACT.

In 2014 he is.....you would be correct.

In 2014 he is? wait are you serious. I don't think Jimmy's absence from the recording studio over the past few years diminishes his importance. Jimmy has inspired more people in the space of ten year than DJ will in a lifetime, that's not mean spirited that's just the truth. Who's more important Jimmy Page!. I hope you're really young, as if you're my age (mid 20s) or older and talking the way you do I feel very sorry for you.

• Like 1

You are just awful.

So are you...I guess we should hang out and listen to Apocalyptic Love?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

'Cano, you gonna yell out "LIEEEEE" along with Myles?

In 2014 he is? wait are you serious. I don't think Jimmy's absence from the recording studio over the past few years diminishes his importance. Jimmy has inspired more people in the space of ten year than DJ will in a lifetime, that's not mean spirited that's just the truth. Who's more important Jimmy Page!. I hope you're really young, as if you're my age (mid 20s) or older and talking the way you do I feel very sorry for you.

FACT:

More people in my high school know who Dj Ashba is than Jimmy Page. Dj is in Sixx: A.M., and that band is actually quite popular with kids my age.

You are just awful.

Fuck yeah!!!! :headbang:

Ground control to major Tom....

Who is diminishing anything Page did?

Dj is much more relevant in the music biz than Page in 2014.

All the industry wants from Page these days is Led Zep reunions so they can fill their pockets.

You are just awful.

Fuck yeah!!!! :headbang:

Ground control to major Tom....

Who is diminishing anything Page did?

Dj is much more relevant in the music biz than Page in 2014.

All the industry wants from Page these days is Led Zep reunions so they can fill their pockets.

DJ isn't relevant in music at all. Never has, never will be. :lol:

Seriously man, sometimes you annoy me. But this is just funny as hell.

Dj is relevant to all the kids in my school who listen to Sixx: A.M. A few of you may bash the hell out of that band, but like it or not they are popular with my age group. Dj is much more relevant in today's music than a ?70? year old Jimmy Page.

Dj is relevant to all the kids in my school who listen to Sixx: A.M. A few of you may bash the hell out of that band, but like it or not they are popular with my age group. Dj is much more relevant in today's music than a ?70? year old Jimmy Page.

That's what I am trying to say. It doesn't mean we have to love Dj.....

Just don't forget Daft Punk, Pitbull and One Republic are also relevant lollllllll

Just don't forget Daft Punk, Pitbull and One Republic are also relevant lollllllll

I'll give you guys Daft Punk in a heartbeat. But unless you're a SixxAM fan, which only applies to relatively small groups of people who are interested in a certain genre, you're attitude towards DJ Ashba is probably somewhere along the lines of "who?". Plus SixxAM is hardly a leading act in their genre.

I find it so comical that people get butthurt at the fact that DJ is relevant in toads music scene.

He's what's best for business for GNR.

Only on MyGNR will you find people that diagree with that staement lol

I'll give you guys Daft Punk in a heartbeat. But unless you're a SixxAM fan, which only applies to relatively small groups of people who are interested in a certain genre, you're attitude towards DJ Ashba is probably somewhere along the lines of "who?". Plus SixxAM is hardly a leading act in their genre.

Pretty sure that any band with a number one mainstream rock radio hit is relevant to the genre :thumbsup:

True Ashba is a lot more involved in the music business than page... but not more important (even if a few goth kids in your school like Ashba). People will not be talking about Sixx-AM in 40 years but they will probably still reference Led Zeppelin in some way or another.

Pretty sure page still has a lot f interest from fans and media though, Zeppelin remasters and new solo album (which may or may not happen... he's kinda like another famous aging rocker).

I can't believe there are people falling for all these cupcakes.

Are you denying that DJ has been very successful in the past couple of years? Please don't answer based on your personal feelings for him.

"Life Is Beautiful" debuted at #26 on the Billboard charts.

"Life Is Beautiful" reached #2 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks.

"Life is Beautiful" certified Gold in the US.

"Pray for Me" reached #29 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Tomorrow" reached #33 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Lies of the Beautiful People" reached #1 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

Their second album, "This Is Gonna Hut", reached #10 on the US charts.

That's just some of the things that have happend, in just the US, with Sixx: A.M.'s music. To deny that Dj wasn't important to any of that is just silly.

You can check out the rest of the postitions and stuff at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixx:A.M.#Discography

I can't believe there are people falling for all these cupcakes.

Are you denying that DJ has been very successful in the past couple of years? Please don't answer based on your personal feelings for him.

"Life Is Beautiful" debuted at #26 on the Billboard charts.

"Life Is Beautiful" reached #2 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks.

"Life is Beautiful" certified Gold in the US.

"Pray for Me" reached #29 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Tomorrow" reached #33 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Lies of the Beautiful People" reached #1 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

Their second album, "This Is Gonna Hut", reached #10 on the US charts.

That's just some of the things that have happend, in just the US, with Sixx: A.M.'s music. To deny that Dj wasn't important to any of that is just silly.

You can check out the rest of the postitions and stuff at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixx:A.M.#Discography

You guys are so confusing.

When pointing out that Slash has sold more records and had more hits than Axl (post working together) you guys say that chart position and albums sales DON'T matter.

But now they do matter and are relevant?

Volcano - sometimes I can't tell if you are being serious or if you are just having a laugh. DJ himself would tell you that he isn't as relevant, important or meaningful to the rock world as Jimmy Page is. I'm not even talking about the past. If DJ put out a solo album in 2014, nobody would care. If Page puts out a solo album in 2014 - it's a rock event.

Sixx AM's first album was a minor success - I don't think it even went platinum, did it?

The second album was a flop.

DJ hasn't recorded new music with GnR.

He helped write/produce the last Motley Crue album, which was a flop.

And somebody said that more people at their school know who DJ is than who Page is? Seriously? I would bet money that isn't true.

If your school held two concerts at the same day, same time, one a DJ live show and one a Page live show.....you seriously are saying that more people would go to the DJ show?

Look fellas, it's OK to love GnR and root for their success. And it's OK to defend their every move. But at least keep your comments reasonable. And I'm not hating on DJ. I think he looks and acts like a complete phony, but I wish that Axl and Beta would let him manage GnR's career. We'd at least get albums, information and interaction with the fans.

• Like 3

I never say that because I just thought it was assumed that everyone knew that.

This is true. "Lies Of The Beautiful People" makes "Stairway To Heaven & Kashmir" sound like outdated garbage. In other news, up is now down, black is now white and volcano62's posts should be taken seriously.

Edited by sofine11