Ashba chat, right now

I can't believe there are people falling for all these cupcakes.

Are you denying that DJ has been very successful in the past couple of years? Please don't answer based on your personal feelings for him.

"Life Is Beautiful" debuted at #26 on the Billboard charts.

"Life Is Beautiful" reached #2 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks.

"Life is Beautiful" certified Gold in the US.

"Pray for Me" reached #29 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Tomorrow" reached #33 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Lies of the Beautiful People" reached #1 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

Their second album, "This Is Gonna Hut", reached #10 on the US charts.

That's just some of the things that have happend, in just the US, with Sixx: A.M.'s music. To deny that Dj wasn't important to any of that is just silly.

You can check out the rest of the postitions and stuff at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixx:A.M.#Discography

You guys are so confusing.

When pointing out that Slash has sold more records and had more hits than Axl (post working together) you guys say that chart position and albums sales DON'T matter.

But now they do matter and are relevant?

Volcano - sometimes I can't tell if you are being serious or if you are just having a laugh. DJ himself would tell you that he isn't as relevant, important or meaningful to the rock world as Jimmy Page is. I'm not even talking about the past. If DJ put out a solo album in 2014, nobody would care. If Page puts out a solo album in 2014 - it's a rock event.

Sixx AM's first album was a minor success - I don't think it even went platinum, did it?

The second album was a flop.

DJ hasn't recorded new music with GnR.

He helped write/produce the last Motley Crue album, which was a flop.

And somebody said that more people at their school know who DJ is than who Page is? Seriously? I would bet money that isn't true.

If your school held two concerts at the same day, same time, one a DJ live show and one a Page live show.....you seriously are saying that more people would go to the DJ show?

Look fellas, it's OK to love GnR and root for their success. And it's OK to defend their every move. But at least keep your comments reasonable. And I'm not hating on DJ. I think he looks and acts like a complete phony, but I wish that Axl and Beta would let him manage GnR's career. We'd at least get albums, information and interaction with the fans.

How in the fuck was the second album a flop if it reached #10 on the charts?

I got excited for a brief second when I was scrolling through the comments and Dexters name came up...! only mini-seconds later to be disappointed the year and date, thanks wfuckinga. I thought Axl was going to stand by his man... I was then crushed for a 2nd time when I remembered Axl wouldn't come here as MYGnR are definitely enemies of his in his eyes at least.

And wfuckinga really is Izzy now!

?

I got excited for a brief second when I was scrolling through the comments and Dexters name came up...! only mini-seconds later to be disappointed the year and date, thanks wfuckinga. I thought Axl was going to stand by his man... I was then crushed for a 2nd time when I remembered Axl wouldn't come here as MYGnR are definitely enemies of his in his eyes at least.

anytime man, anytime.

Dj is relevant to all the kids in my school who listen to Sixx: A.M. A few of you may bash the hell out of that band, but like it or not they are popular with my age group. Dj is much more relevant in today's music than a ?70? year old Jimmy Page.

Nobody in my town. (Chicago) knows who Sixx AM is.

I assume you live in some sort of backwards boonie town where no one really listens to a lot of music.

Dj is relevant to all the kids in my school who listen to Sixx: A.M. A few of you may bash the hell out of that band, but like it or not they are popular with my age group. Dj is much more relevant in today's music than a ?70? year old Jimmy Page.

I assume you live in some sort of backwards boonie town where no one really listens to a lot of music.

So you can speak for all 2.715 million people in Chicago?

Yeah, I've found that out when i try to explain who the current guitarist is for Guns N' Roses. When I say DJ Ashba, people stare and blink. Say what you will about Buckethead, but when he was in the band EVERYONE knew who he was. And he barely said anything publicly, whereas DJ cannot for the life of him shut the fuck up with whatever he's trying to self-promote at the moment.

• Like 1

I can't believe there are people falling for all these cupcakes.

Are you denying that DJ has been very successful in the past couple of years? Please don't answer based on your personal feelings for him.

"Life Is Beautiful" debuted at #26 on the Billboard charts.

"Life Is Beautiful" reached #2 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks.

"Life is Beautiful" certified Gold in the US.

"Pray for Me" reached #29 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Tomorrow" reached #33 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

"Lies of the Beautiful People" reached #1 on the U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks

Their second album, "This Is Gonna Hut", reached #10 on the US charts.

That's just some of the things that have happend, in just the US, with Sixx: A.M.'s music. To deny that Dj wasn't important to any of that is just silly.

You can check out the rest of the postitions and stuff at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixx:A.M.#Discography

You guys are so confusing.

When pointing out that Slash has sold more records and had more hits than Axl (post working together) you guys say that chart position and albums sales DON'T matter.

But now they do matter and are relevant?

Volcano - sometimes I can't tell if you are being serious or if you are just having a laugh. DJ himself would tell you that he isn't as relevant, important or meaningful to the rock world as Jimmy Page is. I'm not even talking about the past. If DJ put out a solo album in 2014, nobody would care. If Page puts out a solo album in 2014 - it's a rock event.

Sixx AM's first album was a minor success - I don't think it even went platinum, did it?

The second album was a flop.

DJ hasn't recorded new music with GnR.

He helped write/produce the last Motley Crue album, which was a flop.

And somebody said that more people at their school know who DJ is than who Page is? Seriously? I would bet money that isn't true.

If your school held two concerts at the same day, same time, one a DJ live show and one a Page live show.....you seriously are saying that more people would go to the DJ show?

Look fellas, it's OK to love GnR and root for their success. And it's OK to defend their every move. But at least keep your comments reasonable. And I'm not hating on DJ. I think he looks and acts like a complete phony, but I wish that Axl and Beta would let him manage GnR's career. We'd at least get albums, information and interaction with the fans.

How in the fuck was the second album a flop if it reached #10 on the charts?

Well, I'd say it was a flop because it sold roughly 20% of what their prior album did.

It didn't even go Gold.

Albums often debut high in their initial release week. Number 10 is a good opening week - no doubt. Props for that. Though, that week they did get beat out by new releases from Sade, Jennifer Lopez and Stevie Nicks! Of the top 10 albums that week, 8 of them were new entries into the top 10.

What happened after their opening week?

Week two - dropped down to 50th.

Week three - dropped down to 88th.

Week four - dropped down to 123

Week five - dropped down to 168.

That's hardly a success considering the amount of money and hype put into this band. Those are good numbers for an unknown band or some band just starting off. But one backed by Nikki Six and the legendary DJ Ashba?

Not saying if they are a good band or not.

Just showing you the actual facts.

So you can speak for all 2.715 million people in Chicago?
Yep, about as well as you can use your shitty high school as evidence that DJ is known or relevant.

I'll give you Sixx:AM, they have moments of popularity in modern rock music(one of the least popular genres, granted). But to a casual listener of music, you just know Nikki Sixx. Not DJ.

To say DJ is more well known or relevant to music than Jimmy Page is to just destroy all credibility you have, man.

More people know and care about Jimmy Page than they do about DJ, and that will probably always be the case. DJ is a background member of a band that isn't really all that popular. They had a few singles break the top ten on the rock charts, but that's it.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

That's the guy who wanted me banned on Paradise City for bullying Axl after I called him fat :lol:

Me: Dj, why do you hashtag like a 15 year old girl?

Dj: I love haters. It lets me know I'm doing something right

Me: Too bad that thing you're doing right isn't playing guitar

:lol:

if i had a beer right now i can immediately virtually transfer for you just for this post

DJ is more important than Jimmy Page. FACT.

In 2014 he is.....you would be correct.

You are just awful.

So are you...I guess we should hang out and listen to Apocalyptic Love?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

'Cano, you gonna yell out "LIEEEEE" along with Myles?

DJ is more important than Jimmy Page. FACT.

In 2014 he is.....you would be correct.
In 2014 he is? wait are you serious. I don't think Jimmy's absence from the recording studio over the past few years diminishes his importance. Jimmy has inspired more people in the space of ten year than DJ will in a lifetime, that's not mean spirited that's just the truth. Who's more important Jimmy Page!. I hope you're really young, as if you're my age (mid 20s) or older and talking the way you do I feel very sorry for you.
FACT:

More people in my high school know who Dj Ashba is than Jimmy Page. Dj is in Sixx: A.M., and that band is actually quite popular with kids my age.

In Europe Jimmy Page is still more popular than Ashba

More younger poeple knows Led Zeppelin, than Sixx AM

both Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page are rock legends. Always were and always will be.

Each generation of rock fans find out quickly who Led Zeppelin is and Jimmy Page is one of the all time great guitar players ever.

I love DJ, but I don't know if he'll ever be known as one of the all time great rock guitar players.

Jimmy did shit no one thought of. Jimi Hendrix too. Back then, guitar players did shit that was amazing. I don't think many guitar players can say that. Eddie Van Halen was another one.

I would think Slash would also be considered one of the best guitar players around too. Being part of GNR gave him that status. I think if Slash began with his own band, he would have been as known as he is now.