The many talents of GNR's musicans

Okay know matter who your preffered lineup is we all know each member has been extremelly talented (besides adler) who has had in your opinion the best solo album or band pre or post their time in GNR ?

Mine would be Tommy - The Replacements or

Duff - Walking Papers.

Edited by Chainsforalice

If you go back and listen to AFD and remember how young they all were, despite being a superficial tool, Adler sounds amazing on that album, and really knew exactly when and where to add punch. It's brilliant, and part of the amalgamated sound of that amazing album, and they all did it together. That album was a product of all of them, and their youth, their anger, their drive. He just didn't progress from there.

I really like a lot of the Walking Papers stuff and Loaded. I've recently put some of it on my phone's SD card and when it comes up on shuffle, I'm like, "What's this? I like this? What is it?" and it's one WP or Loaded song or another. So I need to put that into heavier rotation.

When VR came out, I was thinking, "I am really into all of the bands all of these guys have been in to one degree or another, so I really should love this" but not of it really ever grabbed me. And trust me, I am a huge Slash fangirl. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that none of it really hooks me in.

I really like some of the sounds on Apocalyptic Love, but I have a hard time getting past Myles' voice. I just don't like it. One ex-bf had a similar sound, and, as in love with him as I was at the time, I didn't like hearing it from him, either. Really, I'd take Slash playing with Fergie over Myles almost any day.

Axl - CD

Slash - If Contraband doesn't count, Ain't live grand

Duff - The Talking

Izzy - On Down The Road (Sweet Caress is better than most of his lead songs in UYI)

Steven - nuthin'

Extras:

Buckethead: population override

Gilby clarke: Pawnshop Guitars

DJ Ashba: This Is gonna hurt

Tommy Stinson: Village Gorilla Head

Bumblefoot: Normal or Abnormal, can't decide

Believe In Me is my favorite Duff album. 10 Years is one of my favorite ballads by ANY artist. I just love the melody. Trouble was a great song, really gave Baz a chance to shine. The Majority with Lenny Kravitz was a catchy song, Man In the Meadow is another good one. All in all, great album.

Pawnshop Guitars is a great album too. Every now and then, I get Tijuana Jail stuck in my head. Cure Me or Kill Me is also a good tune. Dead Flowers with Axl is cool, Black, Skin & Bones, Hunting Dogs, all good songs.

Gilby: Pawnshop Guitars

That is all worth mentioning.
Beautiful Disease though....if nothing else just for SeattleHead and Mezz

who's to blame, rain, hope, song for Beverly are other good ones.

Honestly, BD and PG are the only 2 solo albums from past or current members I will ever listen to.