Which ones of Axl's indescretions do you find it diificult to forgive him for?

The woman hitting thing :unsure:

To be fair, the women hit back

facepalmkwk.jpg

Gia - don't you know they deserved it!!!!

Besides, Axl had a rough childhood as well, so you can't really blame the guy.

And Stephanie was really mean to Axl in a past life.

So you can see, Axl really isn't to blame.

• Like 1

Taking the name does an enormous discredit to the original band members, something I would find it hard to forgive him for.

The thing is, Axl took it and did Chinese. That's a great album. Axl took it to save the band's name from the junkies (don't even try to deny that, they were strung out at the time) so that, if something happened, GN'R wouldn't have fallen apart and been destroyed. Axl's done good with GN'R.

And aren't you glad he has it, and not Slash?

Guns N' Roses feat. Phineas and Ferb: Kick It Up A Notch

Taking the name does an enormous discredit to the original band members, something I would find it hard to forgive him for.

The thing is, Axl took it and did Chinese. That's a great album. Axl took it to save the band's name from the junkies (don't even try to deny that, they were strung out at the time) so that, if something happened, GN'R wouldn't have fallen apart and been destroyed. Axl's done good with GN'R.

Ok, I take that point of view.

And i'd have rather Guns N' Roses kept together.

Edited by Carburetta

Had GN'R stayed together, I think they would all be miserable right now. They all seem happier as they are now. Slash is bossing around his singer and telling him what to do/how to sing and rushing releases, Axl is out tinkering and making what's probably a perfect album even better. They're doing what they wanted

Axl taking so long to release CD, which basically drove buckethead out.

If 2002 GnR had stuck together, and axl had released regular albums, and axl stuck to the cornrow jersey look instead of the stupid hat and jacket look. I would not have ANY complaints with GnR. IMO 2002 GnR is a dream band.

Had GN'R stayed together, I think they would all be miserable right now. They all seem happier as they are now. Slash is bossing around his singer and telling him what to do/how to sing and rushing releases, Axl is out tinkering and making what's probably a perfect album even better. They're doing what they wanted

Sigh. This is what I'm talking about. In another topic you complained that the OP was trying to push off his "stupid" opinions as fact.

Your first two sentences are perfect.

Your last two..........those are your opinion, with a huge bias.

Slash is rushing releases and bossing his singer around. Axl is fine tuning a perfect album. Those are the kind of statements that just add to the negativity of the forum.

In a need to defend Axl, you bash somebody who releases music every couple of years (which is fans LOVE, by the way) and you proclaim that Axl is working on an album that is probably already perfect. Take away the names and apply that logic to any other band and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds. You don't have to insult things/people just because you are a bigger fan of somebody else.

Was Axl rushing music from 1987-1991?

Was Motley Crue rushing music from 1981-1989?

If Axl released an album a year for the next five years, would you start bashing him for rushing releases?

• Like 1

'Junkies' is such a lazy excuse. Firstly, Duff was not a junkie, he was an alcoholic. Secondly, Duff was sober when Axl dissolved the band (and then tried d to hire Slash and Duff as lackeys). Matt was sober also. Slash did have his periods, off and on, and mostly this is down to inactivity. Whose fault was that? Axl's because he did not turn up to the studio.

When you look at Axl's actions - from the signing of the name, to the dissolvement of the band, to the way he tried to sign classic band members (who had been just as much a part of the band as he had) as nugnr style hirlings - it is a catalogue of crimes.

• Like 2

Right on cue with the edit/pasting about "one album____________" and "axl is a wife beater." Wait, no mention of misguided worshippers?! I'm shocked.

Are you drinking again today?

Add this to the list of things I say all the time to you. "This topic isn't about individual posters, can you stick to the actual topic please? Instead of insulting other posters, how about showing us why you think they are wrong."

Groghan, this topic isn't about individual posters. Please don't derail it. My comment could be directed at anyone.

Right on cue with the edit/pasting about "one album____________" and "axl is a wife beater." Wait, no mention of misguided worshippers?! I'm shocked.

Are we Axl Worshippers or Misguided Axl Worshippers? I need to know for my title

Just "worshippers." (sometimes with "Axl" before "worshippers"). I threw in "misguided" for color. He used to say "nutter" all the time, then Flayer told the forum how, if you search for the term "nutter", almost all the results are his. So he stopped using "nutter."

Between 1994-1997 he never turned-up. This was when they were recording at the Complex. Slash used to go to the strip club and leave their number at the studio so someone could contact him there if Axl decided to show. He did not turn up when they recorded Sympathy for the Devil either, and all the band were left holding their dicks. It might have been a better cover (and a happier session) if the bloody lead singer turned up on time!

I don´t see it that way. He is one of the founders of the band and he´s been there since day one and he saw the band was like a boat that was about to sink so he did what he thought it was best.

The Stones were 'junkies' also. Imagine if Mick Jagger got Keith to sign the band name over before dissolving the band, forming a new band with the same name then trying to sign the same Keef bloody Richards, founding member of the band and its soul, as a gormless Nugnr-style lackey? I do not think many people would forgive Mick either. But The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger did not do that thank-the-lord, and in fact recorded some of their greatest and most creative records while strung out on junk such as Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St.

Even the very manner in which Axl took over Guns N’ Roses is deeply machiavellian, dissolving the old band and creating a new band with the same name like some sort of bankrupt New York corporation employing a IRS tax dodge. It strikes me as cunning, sly and deeply amoral.

• Like 1

Between 1994-1997 he never turned-up. This was when they were recording at the Complex. Slash used to go to the strip club and leave their number at the studio so someone could contact him there if Axl decided to show. He did not turn up when they recorded Sympathy for the Devil either, and all the band were left holding their dicks. It might have been a better cover (and a happier session) if the bloody lead singer turned up on time!

He'd go in at weird hours, but he was listening back to what they were working on. The session histories made it sound like Duff, Slash, and Matt were in during the daytime-early evening, and Axl would come in at 2-3AM with Dizzy and Paul. I think Dizzy talked about this before.

Machiavellian? LOL Sorry Diesel, I don´t mean to be rude or anything but I can´t help laughing when someone uses that word to describe Axl.I think the band was mortal wounded towards the end of the UYI days and the break-up would have happened sooner or later. The guys wanted different things and lead to different musical directions so I don´t think Axl was such a bad guy. He was just smarter and reacted quicker than the other guys, he was taking care of his interests.

Him not being able to keep a band together. Any band, for that matter. Old, new, whatever. None of them ever seem to work and there's always excuses and contracts forbidding the truth to be revealed, but somehow it all leads back to Axl.

I don´t see it that way. He is one of the founders of the band and he´s been there since day one and he saw the band was like a boat that was about to sink so he did what he thought it was best.

He should be the leader. But he shouldn´t be arrongant and think he is the band. All them put AFD, Lies and UYI together. Five people made GN´R one of the best rock bands ever not just one.

The Stones were 'junkies' also. Imagine if Mick Jagger got Keith to sign the band name over before dissolving the band, forming a new band with the same name then trying to sign the same Keef bloody Richards, founding member of the band and its soul, as a gormless Nugnr-style lackey? I do not think many people would forgive Mick either. But The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger did not do that thank-the-lord, and in fact recorded some of their greatest and most creative records while strung out on junk such as Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St.

Even the very manner in which Axl took over Guns N’ Roses is deeply machiavellian, dissolving the old band and creating a new band with the same name like some sort of bankrupt New York corporation employing a IRS tax dodge. It strikes me as cunning, sly and deeply amoral.

Anyone who knows the history of the Stones knows Mick is way more Machiavellian than Axl.

• Like 1

I don't need to forgive him anything. I don't know him. I can't think of anything he has done that warrants forgiveness from a total stranger. I know some forum members have been affected by show riots or cancellations but in the grand scheme of life and the universe these are fairly trifling matters.

I would love him to put out another album and it would be a nice moment to see the old band reunited but I have my health, a roof over my head and the love of my family. The highs and lows of a rock stars career shouldn't really mean much more than an intermittent distraction from the mundane.

Live life to the full, do what makes you happy. I hope this is what Axl is doing and good for him if he is.

• Like 1

The woman hitting thing :unsure:

Yeah, that's a big one.

Firstly, Axl's takeover of the name. It was machiavellian and cynical in the extreme and the fact that he feels he can, legitimately be Guns N’ Rose all by himself, strikes me as enormous hubris on his part (and something which does not reflect the historical reality of how Guns N' Roses operated). Secondly, unproductively - although, it is not for me to forgive or not forgive the music Axl does and doesn’t put out: I merely find it an enormous waste of talent. Whole bands have had their entire career during the same time frame which Axl has dissipated.

Good post. Especially your first point. The second point doesn't connect with me as much, since what little productivity he has had was so disappointing. Productivity doesn't equate to quality. He may have dug himself a deeper hole if he had released several crappy albums as opposed to just one.