Your current relationship with Slash?

The things that I have seen Slash lie about are stupid things like saying that he thinks SCOM is a lame song when I know he is proud of it. I remember him saying that back in 1988 in an interview. It's the cool thing almost like he is trying to make believe that he is not so proud of a song that made it to #1 and yes some people sometimes lie when they are trapped.

Marc, this echos my own feelings. Are you aware of Joe Perry's feelings on 'Dream On' - you will be as you are Blue Army? I have often thought that Slash was copying Joe Perry here, and acting the hard man 'ballad hating' lead guitarist. It is a sort of role Slash is acting out.

Example telling the press when asked back in 1987 where like a Suicide was recored, he said I don't remember I think it was the Santa Monica Civic. That was a backed in the corner deal. The band was not ready to tell the people that it was done at Pasha. I'm sure any of the other members of the band would have come up with a bullshit story if asked at that time the same question. We all lie when we have to. If you are going to quote me and say that I said Slash lies then you also have to give the example otherwise it could be taking wrong as if what ever he says could be a lie.

That is perfectly forgivable. There would be no point in recording LLAS as a faux live EP if the band members suddenly started admitting the truth in interviews. Slash was put on the spot and had to keep up the pretence.

• Like 1

If you are going to quote me and say that I said Slash lies then you also have to give the example otherwise it could be taking wrong as if what ever he says could be a lie.

I'm gonna save that quote and use it a lot, I know, I just know.

Thank you Marc, some of us knew what you meant when you said that Slash lies to make himself look cool. :slash:

I heard Slash isn't even his real name!

Dude, he changed his name to make himself look cool.

Your right he lies about his name. He tells everyone that it's Slash when it's really Saul Hudson. I guess he does lie every day which is more then most of us that only lie ever once in a while.

That´s another lie. We all know his real name is STash. The moment I bought the album GN´R LIES I knew all the songs were about expossing Slash as the biggest liar in the history of mankind

:lol:

We are still close but only see each other a few time a year. I have emplaned this a few times but it keeps coming up. Slash is not really lying when it comes to the things that Axl thinks he is lying about and at the same time Axl is not lying either. There is just some communication problems between them.Like the signing over of the GNR name. Axl doesn't know what management told Slash and Duff. Also they knew from his past actions that if they didn't sign that Axl most likely would not have moved on with the band until they did.

The things that I have seen Slash lie about are stupid things like saying that he thinks SCOM is a lame song when I know he is proud of it. I remember him saying that back in 1988 in an interview. It's the cool thing almost like he is trying to make believe that he is not so proud of a song that made it to #1 and yes some people sometimes lie when they are trapped. That time he was drunk and Perla made him go to Axl's house. If he had told the truth after Axl turned him in, he would have lost VR. What choice did he have? I have also heard him say things to me that are bullshit but nothing that is real important.

Example telling the press when asked back in 1987 where like a Suicide was recored, he said I don't remember I think it was the Santa Monica Civic. That was a backed in the corner deal. The band was not ready to tell the people that it was done at Pasha. I'm sure any of the other members of the band would have come up with a bullshit story if asked at that time the same question. We all lie when we have to. If you are going to quote me and say that I said Slash lies then you also have to give the example otherwise it could be taking wrong as if what ever he says could be a lie.

That's what some posters actually do here...

Brings this thing to an example of Slash always lies and shit like this which is embarassing...

obviously his comment was targeted at me and i don't appreciate it at all. the guy lacks reading comprehension and instead makes a bunch of lazy, false statements to bully and categorize. so sick of people like him, they make constructive discussion nearly impossible.

It had nothing to do with you Broham but way to overreact and muck up Marc's section with your response.

Thank you Padme for understanding what I was trying to say. You hit the nail on the head. The post was directed towards kids who bash Slash and attempt to diminish his importance to the Gn'R legacy.

To PA I wouldn't call you stupid or any other name since I don't know you and I am not familiar with your posts. I enjoy all GN'R lineups and I don't have a problem with fans unless they try to diminish the importance of any of the Appetite lineup. There are posters on here who hate Slash either because Axl does and they want to secure party passes or they simply weren't around to see that lineup so they have no connection to that time period.

and you implied that i fall into that category, it was obvious since you said it in context. attempting to weasel out of it is pathetic "Broham".

and you're the only one who "mucked up" this thread which was none of your business "Broham". you can't even allow a seldom poster to ask a question without waltzing in and making trollish comments.

you've acted like a condescending immature punk here who thinks he can bully people around and stick his nose in where it doesn't belong, show some respect to others.

Oh c'mon chill out

he's talking about for example volcano, Damn_Smooth etc.

Edited by Crash Diet

Lol on Slash's name. If that's a case of lying,then I guess that Duff is also a liar. Along with Izzy,Dizzy,etc.

Ok, than just about any hollywood actor or actress lies and every fucking musician cause they all change their fucking names, so big fucking deal

Who was the fool that read slash's book just to point out some of the factual discrepancies (ie dates, who said what exactly, etc.) And make a list of them? Was that volcano or one of the other slash haters/nutters?

• 2 weeks later...

Marc, outside of a collective effort by Izzy and Duff, you're probably the next best person who could bring Axl and Slash back together. ;)

That was true up until the end of 2006. Axl thinks that I snapped and turned to the dark side for promoting things that the devil was involve in. He is convinced that I have changed and is no longer a true friend. Yes he knows that I was probably the only one other than Duff or Izzy that could have been a good middle man between them but too much time has gone by and his hate for Slash grew to a place that only a real good counselor could solve.

Marc, outside of a collective effort by Izzy and Duff, you're probably the next best person who could bring Axl and Slash back together. ;)

That was true up until the end of 2006. Axl thinks that I snapped and turned to the dark side for promoting things that the devil was involve in. He is convinced that I have changed and is no longer a true friend. Yes he knows that I was probably the only one other than Duff or Izzy that could have been a good middle man between them but too much time has gone by and his hate for Slash grew to a place that only a real good counselor could solve.

is that a figure of speech or does he really believe slash is the "devil"?

This is the part that I don´t get. What did Slash do to deserve so much hate? I don´t think it´s because of a bunch of songs that ended up in Slash Snakepit album. I don´t think it is because Slash left the band. Izzy and Duff also left. And I don´t think it´s because of statements Slash has made in the media. All former members had made similar statements about Axl at some point. That deep seeded hatre doesn´t make any sense.

is that a figure of speech or does he really believe slash is the "devil"?
This is a guy who made Against Me! Voodoo dolls we're talking about