Sunday, March 30 Curitiba, Brazil @ Estadio Durival Britto
Tuesday, April 1 Florianapolis, Brazil
@ Stage Music Park

Thursday, April 3 Porto Alegre, Brazil @ Gigantinho
Sunday, April 6 Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Ferro Stadium
Wednesday, April 9 Asuncion, Paraguay

Edited by SeBaZ
  • Like 1

Did they really misspell Rio de Janeiro?

Rio de Janiero... Please, Cosmonuat.

Eight concerts in Brazil and no concerts in Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Colombia...

Eight concerts in Brazil all in South and South-east... That's a real bummer, honestly.

I think it's safe to call this the "South Brazil Tour" with a couple of other dates...

Edited by ManetsBR

Maybe this time the tour will flop and Axl will realize that he needs to put out new music before touring. What a load of bullshit.

Everytime a rock band wants to do it for the money they just go to SA, they'll buy a ticket for basically any band thats rock related.

Cash Grab lives on.

It probably won't flop. These fans are very passionate about Gn'R there. It seems like they'd accept a tour of Axl&the blue man group as Gn'R. I'd like to chalk it up to kids who weren't old enough to see the real deal but who knows. I hope whoever goes has a great time and enjoys the 2 or 3 new songs.

Maybe this time the tour will flop and Axl will realize that he needs to put out new music before touring. What a load of bullshit.

Everytime a rock band wants to do it for the money they just go to SA, they'll buy a ticket for basically any band thats rock related.

Cash Grab lives on.

It probably won't flop. These fans are very passionate about Gn'R there. It seems like they'd accept a tour of Axl&the blue man group as Gn'R. I'd like to chalk it up to kids who weren't old enough to see the real deal but who knows. I hope whoever goes has a great time and enjoys the 2 or 3 new songs.

[Disclaimer: Brazilian living abroad here]

A lot of Brazilians currently on their 20s and 30s didn't get to watch GNR in RiR 2. GNR was huge in Brazil in the early 90s as everywhere else. RiR2 and UYI have had a huge impact on what older folks told younger people and the "Axl is the ultimate rockstar/frontman" story is carried on. There are many haters too, of course. The vast majority of mid-to-late 30s and early 40s folks who went to RiR 2 and followed GNR 1.0 have moved on. I know a few folks which attended RiR 3 and never looked back -- 'no slash? Axl is fat!'.

Don't get me wrong though. The average Brazilian cares as much about rock and GNR as Americans, aka. They don't care at all. Who's buying tickets to GNR concerts in Brazil post RiR3 then? Well, as I hinted above -- most mid 20s, early 30s guys which didn't find a strong connection with post early 90's bands which are still active and most importantly no rock frontman still alive has hit that amount of popularity since. These folks are generally highly educated and don't really care if GNR is on the media or not unlike the American audience of the same gender/age. The Brazilian audience goes to concerts to see if Axl can still sing the hits and consider them timeless songs (as any other hint by whatever singer/band), some are also looking for new material but it's clearly not a priority.

I think it's fair to argue that if Axl recorded with Jay-Z or Justin Timberlake he would attract a massive American audience. If you attempt to reduce Brazilian's interest to GNR as Axl could play with the blue man group as GNR and they would accept it. You aren't telling much of a story. It's more complicated than that.

Did they really misspell Rio de Janeiro?

Rio de Janiero... Please, Cosmonuat.

Eight concerts in Brazil and no concerts in Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Colombia...

Eight concerts in Brazil all in South and South-east... That's a real bummer, honestly.

I think it's safe to call this the "South Brazil Tour" with a couple of other dates...

The email also says "More information coming soon" So they might add more shows in other countries or Northern Brazil. Although I´m hoping for shows in Europe and the U.S.

Man, back in the day (few years ago) this thread would have hit 50 by now

Interesting point. Even in 2010, a just-confirmed tour thread where 3 new songs had been promised would have been huge. Now it doesn't even get 3 pages. :lol:

I think we're nearing the end times.

Sure. We already got like 3 threads discussing South America tour. Is not news, everyone gave their 0.02$ about it. And this thread was only created today.

Edited by bumblecool

Does anyone really want to hear a new song for the first time LIVE anymore? Imagine hearing Prostitute for the first time on stage, or TWAT. Anything new was recorded years ago when they could actually pull it off...

GNR should be focused on studio material first, touring second. But Axl's no dummy and it's just a cash grab tour, again, playing the old hits, again. And fans, again, will just want Slash back on stage if all new GNR is ever going to be is a Karaoke band for the old music.

Same shit different day. I used to live on this message board day in and day out. I remember the good ol' days of leaks, Chinese D's pending release, Buckethead, Fink...man, those were the halcyon days when anything was possible. It's so past over it's not even funny.

Over 20 years of mismanagement, terrible marketing (aka no marketing at all) and this is what you get. I could literally copy and paste this post into every GNR thread and it would be relevant. THat's sad.