Would you buy a new album from Slash and Myles?

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the Slash Myles combo. I never liked V.R.

Sure hope V.R. never reform. Maybe a V.R. without Scott could work.

It's weird to say, but despite being one of the faces of the band, Slash didn't really get to do what he does best(riffs/solos) in that band as much as he did when he went solo. There's just not enough of his signature playing in VR.

It's weird to say, but despite being one of the faces of the band, Slash didn't really get to do what he does best(riffs/solos) in that band as much as he did when he went solo. There's just not enough of his signature playing in VR.

Yeah, it was like they made a deliberate effort to not do what they do best and play a totally different style than what they did best

Yeah, it was like they made a deliberate effort to not do what they do best and play a totally different style than what they did best

Contraband is still much better then anything Slash was involved with post VR imo. At least as an album.

• Like 1

I think the riffs on Fall To Pieces and Superhuman are his two best post-GNR.

I think the riffs on Fall To Pieces and Superhuman are his two best post-GNR.

The By The Sword riff is also a highlight for me.

• 3 weeks later...

The last album contained some really good songs. Sure there was filler, but that's always been the case with Slash albums, i expect that, it's the case with most albums. Very few albums are rocking 100%. Nirvana's Nevermind, and GN'Rs AFD come close though, to the 100% thing..

How do people automatically NOT buy an album before they here it? That seems very odd to me.

Especially those who constantly moan and cry about people who won't give CD a chance because of their personal feelings about Axl or Slash. Bit of a double-standard there.

Depending on how the first single sounds, I'll probably buy it. It's only $15 and I like to support rock musicians that release music.

Because there's no reason to pay for a shit product that you can preview before buying.

• Like 2

I haven't purchased a "Slash" album since Libertad which was disappointing compared to it's predecessor. Everything that has followed was good except for Paradise City featuring Cypress Hill and that god awful super bowl performance with Fergie, wtf? More than likely if he put his heart and soul into it instead of trying to stay relevant there's a better chance, paired with less singing from Myles.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Would love to see Slash taking more risks on this one. Not sure if it's gonna happen. Anyway, they guy released solid rock records since leaving GNR and still seems interested in creating, releasing and playing new stuff. He has my respect. He doesn't care if people still buy albums or not, unlike Chris Pitman.