Skwerl's GN'R Leak story

All Rise. The Court of Public Opinion Is Now In Session.  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every one knows who Jimmy Iovine is.

Yes I thought that was common knowledge :shrugs:
Tomorrow when you go to school or work randomly ask 10 people. Let me know how that goes. Charlie Sheen is a household name. It doesn't really matter though.
  • Like 2

So it appears MSL is one big liar and Fernando is a douche but that nothing we didn't know.

In Skwerl's attempt to make sense of the FBI's material, he may have drawn some misguided conclusions. The law firm he was dealing with, I was stuck dealing with as well. That firm never came after me in 2007 when I leaked IRS, Chinese, The Blues and TWAT, but for some reason they were very aggressive in 2008 when I leaked Shackler's. They came after me to find out where I got Shackler's, not for assistance with finding out where Skwerl got his tracks. If Skwerl believes I helped the case against him, he's wrong, but it could explain his desire to paint me in a negative light.

As for my claims being discredited, if you'd been on this site in 2007 then you would know that all the songs I received from the guy in Portugal, I shared with everyone. Some of you figured out who the guy in Portugal was. It would seem you guys actually did a better job investigating than the FBI did.

I've got no beef with you. I didn't ever think you were helping the FBI get at me. Their files indicated that you had claimed to have had the 9 tracks before I did, and/or more leaks that you were going to drop, via Portugal guy. Maybe that was them garbling intel. I know that you've got some things, that not everything you say is BS. Your proverbial "file" in my case turned out to be a big dead end for everyone involved. But if anything, I appreciate the distraction :)

Just wanted to try and clear that up. No hard feelings here.

Every one knows who Jimmy Iovine is.

Yes I thought that was common knowledge :shrugs:
Tomorrow when you go to school or work randomly ask 10 people. Let me know how that goes. Charlie Sheen is a household name. It doesn't really matter though.

School?

It's common knowledge among my associates and friends. :shrugs:

Interesting stuff and thanks for sharing your experiences MSL and Swerl, but really who else apart from hardcore GnR board lurkers give a fuck?

Such as waste of resources from the FBI - what a fucking joke. Axl needs to release music more regularly or get back with Slash. Then people in the outside world will care.

This leaking business doesn't hurt sales. Axl doing no promotion is the most damaging to sales. Axl releasing new music every couple of decades hurts sales.

The whole importance of leaks is tremendously overstated. It's cool for the GnR fanatics to hear leaks but thats about it...

Shout out to Downliner for falsely accusing Billy Howerdell

:lol: Here's my reply posted on Skwerls blog.

For what it’s worth, now that you’ve told your side of the story, I would like to sincerely apologise to Billy (or anyone in the Perfect Circle camp) if they were ever questioned following my sending that one email.

As far as I was concerned at the time, your actions were damaging to my favourite band and I thought I’d stumbled on some info which could be useful. I won’t apologise for supporting and/or trying to assist GNR.

Also, I’d argue that it’s you who is the dipshit here, not me – for being dumb enough to think that you could leak the most anticipated rock album of all time on your own hosting without any repercussions.

Will

• Like 1

Says a lot that this guy's only claim to fame is because he is a thief plain and simple.No respect and no interest in interviews that glorify illegal copyright infringement.

You wouldn't be Maribeth C. Beekman would you?
not in this lifetime

Shout out to Downliner for falsely accusing Billy Howerdell

:lol: Here's my reply posted on Skwerls blog.

For what it’s worth, now that you’ve told your side of the story, I would like to sincerely apologise to Billy (or anyone in the Perfect Circle camp) if they were ever questioned following my sending that one email.

As far as I was concerned at the time, your actions were damaging to my favourite band and I thought I’d stumbled on some info which could be useful. I won’t apologise for supporting and/or trying to assist GNR.

Also, I’d argue that it’s you who is the dipshit here, not me – for being dumb enough to think that you could leak the most anticipated rock album of all time on your own hosting without any repercussions.

Will

Props to you downliner

Makes you think - maybe Chinese Democracy WASN'T going to come out, and it was released unfinished and forced out by Universal as a way to combat this lawsuit because the perfect defense would have been that it wasn't a copyrighted material scheduled to release. Is that too underhanded for a corporation?

• Like 3

Makes you think - maybe Chinese Democracy WASN'T going to come out, and it was released unfinished and forced out by Universal as a way to combat this lawsuit because the perfect defense would have been that it wasn't a copyrighted material scheduled to release. Is that too underhanded for a corporation?

seems so by the rush job of the booklet

and the album cover, nothing says most anticipated album in history like a bicycle with a basket.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Not really sure.... I don't think so.... But I never liked the guy. Something about him comes across as sneaky and not really trust worthy.

Because of that, I'm kind of divided. I find it somewhat hard to believe that someone that well known would do it... especially when his record company is the one that would lose money from it.... But something about the guy just screams untrustworthy.

No, I don't think so.

Skerl waited until the statute of limitations had run out so they cant do much legally can they?

I kinda wonder what Axl/tb thought about the article, though.

Axl probably ran over his computer/tablet with a car when he finished reading it.

and the album cover, nothing says most anticipated album in history like a bicycle with a basket.

One of the lamest album covers ever. Not only the bike, but the colors. So greyed/browned out and dark.

• Like 1

"While I was still working at Universal in 2005, I met a guy that had been working with Axl, who told me that he had touched over 90 songs, 40 of which were “some of the best songs he’d ever heard. [...]

THAT is what is so frustrating about Axl being my favorite rock singer of all time.

One album in the 15 years he has kept GnR alive..........when there are possible 75 songs still in the vault? And he has a band that is interested in writing new songs.

TONS of material, but he chooses to not share them with his millions of fans.

Crazy. And sad.

what makes it even more sad is we will probably only hear these things when axl passes away, and the vault is raided which is why the quote about the donuts is absolutely correct. axl's name will be at is absolute height and the posthumous releases will start to flow. i remember after ronnie james dio passed away and seeing how many of his albums were in the top 10 on itunes around the world. same with amy whinehouse, and other big name acts that pass away.

Agreed. Hearing comments like, he has 90 songs, is frustrating as a longtime fan. Especially when we've only gotten the one album.

• Like 1