What would you choose, if you were the band's manager?

If you were the final decision maker, which would you choose for 2014?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well they are not mutually exclusive, pal.

I apologize that my small poll doesn't meet your GnR forum standards.

I was trying to get a feel from people as to which of the three things they'd rather see in 2014, as I see people praising all three options in various topics.

But I do thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about the poll.

-Get axl to sign GnR name over to me.

-Ditch Dj.

-Beg buckethead to return.

-Get Josh Freese back as drummer.

-Get Ron and Bucket together writing new songs with Axl.

-Release double album in November consisting of CD leftovers and new songs.

-Book North American tour.

-Book live tv appearances.

The whole thing is though, management doesn't have much say. Axl controls everything in GnR.

• Like 1

I would go on tour, if they haven't entered the studio while on a break then tough. They need to get the record finished then go on tour and as they swing back into the US release a song on a movie soundtrack and then release the album.

Really hit the first two weeks as hard as they can. If they have a video put it out on release of the album.

That is all they can do.

But be on tour, playing songs from the album.

Don't take it too personal if it's not selling a million copies or go straight in at No. 1. It's the thought that counts. Fans are gay, they just want it spoon fed to them, as a sign of respect.

Maybe get Axl and Dj into radio stations to force them to play those two singles for a week or two.

1. The announcement of a reunion, but also the release of the last sessions of the NU era so that the reunion can start on a clean slate

2. Chinese Demoracary & Chinese Democracy 3 (out on the same date as UYIs)

3..Reunion tour

4. Reunion Live DVD+Album

5. Reunion new studio work

6. Reunion tour mark 2 with Spinal Tap mark 28

Anyone who votes for anything other than a new album has completely lost their marbles.

I honestly think that releasing another album while they aren't on tour is a mistake. With no videos, it will just die in the first two weeks with zero buzz around the band. They need to be on tour. Maybe through SA, and wherever else but when they hit the US they need to drop CD II with maybe a single release a week prior at the very minimum.

Yea as manager I would give Slash Axl's cell phone number, tell him it would be cool if he talked to him but understanding if he doesn't.

Slash would eventually call, the two would meet, and hopefully write a few songs. I would get fired for causing all of this. The end.

I just think those two writing together would be great for music. They would likely fight too much though. It would be awesome if they just had one more conversation!

As manager of the band now though I would take the remaining material and turn it into an epic story with big production music videos. Something like Pink Floyd's The Wall, heck go big or go home.

I would release the vault and tour out the decade.

With Paul Tobias? :D

But I agree with you.

It could be a real shambolic 3 cd album too, with new songs like Atlas and The General, those remixes, new versions of old songs, plus new songs from Dj and Ron, maybe even alt versions like The Blues. Like Prince's Emancipation album. Get all the animals in the barn, Tobias, Bucket, Dj, Finck, Ron, and burn it to the ground. call it "Beta's Barnyard - The Vault on Fire"

Jimmy Kimmel interview II

Anyone one for a Chili Dog?

Edited by wasted

Anyone who votes for anything other than a new album has completely lost their marbles.

I honestly think that releasing another album while they aren't on tour is a mistake. With no videos, it will just die in the first two weeks with zero buzz around the band. They need to be on tour. Maybe through SA, and wherever else but when they hit the US they need to drop CD II with maybe a single release a week prior at the very minimum.

How about they do it the way other successful bands do it. Release a new single, then a month later release a new album, then tour to support the album. Why would GnR need to be in the midst of a tour for their album to be successful? Release a new album THEN tour to support it. It's how real bands do shit.

How about they do it the way other successful bands do it. Release a new single, then a month later release a new album, then tour to support the album. Why would GnR need to be in the midst of a tour for their album to be successful? Release a new album THEN tour to support it. It's how real bands do shit.

Yeah, convention is really rock n roll. I'll take Axl's GNR and one album every 20 years over 5 politically correct U2 records any day. I'll admit that I admire Bono's ego though- its far more compelling than anything U2's released since Achtung Baby.

I'm just going on CD release and how they aren't a normal band. There will be no press conferences of members chatting up the press or videos. I'm just factoring in what we know, and thinking out side the square to bring the most sales with the least amount of promo dollars. Without label support, if they put out a single and it get's raped, Axl will cancel the tour and the label will delay the album. All the label needs to do is say yes to releasing the album, get the name of the band right and call it CD II, with the band touring that will replace videos, and ass kissing, baby cuddling, 80s radio jockeys and RS covers. Release the record on tour and Axl can come on 4 hours late to celebrate and open with Jackie Chan.

Yeah, convention is really rock n roll. I'll take Axl's GNR and one album every 20 years over 5 politically correct U2 records any day. I'll admit that I admire Bono's ego though- its far more compelling than anything U2's released since Achtung Baby.

Haha yeah nostalgia tours living off the past with an almost identical setlist is so rock n roll man. Releasing 1 album every 20 years is so rock n roll man. I totally digging all the awesome music Axl has given us over the last 20 years man. It's all about being bad ass and rock n roll. Fuck what works man. I love Axl Rose man. he's the shit. Dude is so creative and bad ass man. Like a musical genius man. His approach makes it so much more authentic man. Yeah fuck convention man. Fuck those other bands who please their fanbase on a regular basis man. Just corporate stooges they are man...... Long live Axl Rose man.

As for Bono I'd say the guy has earned his ego. Being in a massively popular band with your 3 best friends for over 30 years and touring to over 7 million people and racking in over 700 million dollars in touring revenue on the last tour alone kinda justifies having a bit of an ego I'd say. I always find it amusing when Axl Rose fans try to mock other artists for having an ego.

I'm just going on CD release and how they aren't a normal band. There will be no press conferences of members chatting up the press or videos. I'm just factoring in what we know, and thinking out side the square to bring the most sales with the least amount of promo dollars. Without label support, if they put out a single and it get's raped, Axl will cancel the tour and the label will delay the album. All the label needs to do is say yes to releasing the album, get the name of the band right and call it CD II, with the band touring that will replace videos, and ass kissing, baby cuddling, 80s radio jockeys and RS covers. Release the record on tour and Axl can come on 4 hours late to celebrate and open with Jackie Chan.

I agree they just gotta do it. They NEED to release another album or this band is completely and utterly pointless. I don't agree with calling it CDII though. It should have NOTHING to do with Chinese Democracy. It's time to move away from that dead horse. This band needs to put out an album in 2014 though otherwise what is the fucking point of their existence?

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1