Topic only For the rasp voice lovers (me) and tour 2014-N

Do you think its time to give up if we see him again butcher the whole set list?Its nearly 4 years since we dont listen and see the great frontman of the 90s.As you all might know 2010 was the closest he would ever sound to Axl Rose.We know that youtube has anything to do with his bad performances from 2011-2013.

So,if in march 2014 he sings like 2011-2013,do you think its time to forget this band? because for me is really sad to see that kind of shows....

In case we see another disaster in march............remember him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63aj8cWu0

• Like 1

To be honest I don't expect Axl to sound great anymore. he's what? In his 50's now so his voice is gonna be fucked. In my opinion I think he should give up the touring and just focusing on releasing a body of work. It would be cool to see him release 3-4 albums over the next 6 years. I'll take music over touring any day. I've seen them now I want to hear them.

• Like 1

It's not entirely awful when you're there at the show: you're having fun, it's a nice atmosphere, you've been drinking, the massive speakers distort the sound and everybody around you is screaming and singing along. not only do you not hear what is sung very well but you also don't care.

The reason why it's more obvious when you listen to recording is because you can compare two performances directly. You could do that from your own memory at the show but it's not the same thing: when I saw Axl in 2012 I knew I wasn't getting the best performance out of him because I remembered how he sounded when I saw him in 2010 but I didn't care much during the shows.

• Like 1

It's not entirely awful when you're there at the show: you're having fun, it's a nice atmosphere, you've been drinking, the massive speakers distort the sound and everybody around you is screaming and singing along. not only do you not hear what is sung very well but you also don't care.

The reason why it's more obvious when you listen to recording is because you can compare two performances directly. You could do that from your own memory at the show but it's not the same thing: when I saw Axl in 2012 I knew I wasn't getting the best performance out of him because I remembered how he sounded when I saw him in 2010 but I didn't care much during the shows.

Heh, true.

Glad you posted that Rocket Queen video as I think it's the only time I've thought Axl actually sounded the same as the old days, it's not just the "rasp" but the depth of his singing that harkens back to the old days. Close your eyes during the outro (especially the "I'd hate to see you" part onwards) and it is chilling how well you can picture younger Axl singing it.

Does anyone have a good audio bootleg of that concert? Anyone? Bueller?

• Like 2

His deteriorating voice over the past few years had made me seriously question buying a ticket next time around.

If you are still with this band, its because of Axl Rose. If he's the weakest link on the stage, what's the point? I'm going to pay triple digits to hear a Bumblefoot song and Dizzy's on piano?

Nope.

• Like 1

Not true. I was at the O2 show they half-released (pro-shot, with Izzy), and I thought Axl sounded awful.

Then a few days later at the Rotterdam show he sounded fantastic.

But not to be compared to the shows in 2010 where he sounded incredible!

Edited by The Black

Hard to say. They haven't played anywhere near me since I saw them in 2010 in Canada and it has been very disappointing to find that he hasn't maintained that level of performance even 1 year later (RIR 2011) and hasn't brought it back up 3 years later.

Maybe I would see them just because it's been a few years if they come to my neighbourhood. But ideally, I'd love if they were even doing one thing well - if the live performance is too tough to maintain I'd be happy to see them become a studio band as long as they release new material. If Axl sounds like 2010 again then I could handle endless touring with no new music because the live shows would be so good.

Truth is that Axl's voice isn't what it used to be, but to say he's "lost it" is way an overstatement….

Footage from 2013 - the one and only Mr. Axl 'fucking' Rose!

Estranged with rasp at the end...

Nightrain with lots of rasp too

• Like 1

Not true. I was at the O2 show they half-released (pro-shot, with Izzy), and I thought Axl sounded awful.

Then a few days later at the Rotterdam show he sounded fantastic.

But not to be compared to the shows in 2010 where he sounded incredible!

Yes, he sounded good at the Rotterdam show, not all the time, but surely a great deal of the time.

The Estranged in Lubbock was great. The sound was really good at that concert, and that final minute of the song you could hear a little more passion. I don't think he knows when he has it and doesn't. I think he just gets caught in the moment and that rasp comes out. Hope to see more this year.

The chile video was cool hearing the crowd react to hearing the song, and Axl's hair looked longer. Besides that though he was much more consistent here. Really great to hear what I think is his more natural lower voice.

Irrevlavent to the topic, but I thought it was cool at 3:27 in Lubbock's Estranged that he gave that long drawn at "beeeeeeeeah" but I remember him having an angry look on his face because two guys were shoving each other in the crowd and he stared right at them like he was about to kill em. Reminded me of the look he gave the fan with the Slash to shirt at Rio 2001. Anyways just a side note if you watch the video.

Edited by IncitingChaos

so...no one has an audio bootleg of the show with Rocket Queen? :(

http://dfiles.eu/files/hitrycedz

nevermind the link expired.

FOUND IT : http://www.mediafire.com/?h09o8oqcgqx6736

you're the best.

No men, the best estranged since 93 is this

We all know he wanted to say "i doubt it" at 5:33, other than that you can't get much more flawless these days.

dude.

that chile concert was fucking flawless, wasn't it.

edit: wait, were they a year apart?

i guess axl is just always good in chile?

'Cause I see the storm getting closer
And the waves they get so high
Seems everything We've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die

When i arrive to this part and i listen to his clean voice ,he just ruin the song.

I dont see a good estranged in that videos