When was your first GN'R gig?

19880816scphoto03.jpg

08.16.88 - Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

opening for: Aerosmith, Deep Purple

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, You're Crazy, Out Ta Get Me, Blues Jam, Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her

notes: Footage for the 'Paradise City' video was shot at this show. Axl tells the crowd that they will have a new EP coming out, featuring an acoustic version of 'You're Crazy.' While Slash introduces the Blues Jam, Axl yells at security, calling them “assholes.” Radio ads for this show called the bill "Triple Dynamite."

• Like 4

Philly 2002. :lol:

He showed up at Hammerstein 2006, though. Never saw the old band. Makes me very sad.

Samsies. I had tickets to Sunday’s show too. I can only hope court documents surface one day that explain it more.

Had to wait until the next MSG show to see them (and never heard Bucket wail on Nightrain).

19880816scphoto03.jpg

08.16.88 - Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

opening for: Aerosmith, Deep Purple

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, You're Crazy, Out Ta Get Me, Blues Jam, Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her

notes: Footage for the 'Paradise City' video was shot at this show. Axl tells the crowd that they will have a new EP coming out, featuring an acoustic version of 'You're Crazy.' While Slash introduces the Blues Jam, Axl yells at security, calling them “assholes.” Radio ads for this show called the bill "Triple Dynamite."

that was my second gnr show

the first was the ritz earlier that year

Philly 2002. :lol:

He showed up at Hammerstein 2006, though. Never saw the old band. Makes me very sad.

Samsies. I had tickets to Sunday’s show too. I can only hope court documents surface one day that explain it more.

Had to wait until the next MSG show to see them (and never heard Bucket wail on Nightrain).

I had tickets to both shows, too. So depressing.

And I was also at that next MSG show, when BBF was still using the foot guitar. :lol:

London, ON 2010

Waited years to see Axl and it was an awesome experience.took a trip to Canada with my friend and his mom, got a hotel, almost got to the barrier...had all the elements of a typical GNR show- dangerous and rowdy crowd (almost fought with a ufc fighter!), long wait, hot chicks getting naked on the cameras before guns came on, and axl kicked ass.it was a great first show.if you would have told me the Canadians were crazier and angrier than people in the pit at the Detroit club show i saw on the up close and personal tour i would have laughed! But there you go...

I was much too young to see the real deal back in the day, but I'm grateful i have what i have

Guest Len B'stard

First and only, Hammersmith London, June the something 2006. Apparently Izzy came onstage at one point although i was too fucked to remember.

London, ON 2010

Waited years to see Axl and it was an awesome experience.took a trip to Canada with my friend and his mom, got a hotel, almost got to the barrier...had all the elements of a typical GNR show- dangerous and rowdy crowd (almost fought with a ufc fighter!), long wait, hot chicks getting naked on the cameras before guns came on, and axl kicked ass.it was a great first show.if you would have told me the Canadians were crazier and angrier than people in the pit at the Detroit club show i saw on the up close and personal tour i would have laughed! But there you go...

I was much too young to see the real deal back in the day, but I'm grateful i have what i have

Never experienced this. In all my experiences seeing GN'R, the crowds are extremely lax.