When was your first GN'R gig?

I feel bad for a lot of you. You watched a band called "Guns N Roses" while some of us saw THE Guns N Roses.

Damn, I bet Tracii tore it up. Shit you're lucky to have seen them. They only played a few shows.

He meant the AFD/UYI lineups. You know the band that the majority of fans outside of these boards consider to be Gn'R. I wish I could have seen a show prior to 92 but luckily we have some old timers on here and a true insider, Marc Canter.

^^ Sorry about your shitty timing.

Elitist? Really? I knew a guy that saw Hendrix. I thought it was awesome. I didn't fucking whine about it.

I'm not whining about it, I'm just pointing out that because someone has seen them with the original line-up does not make them a bigger fan, nor their opinion more valid. I wasn't pointing at anyone in particular it is just something that arises time to time on these boards.

I'm relatively happy that I have seen every member, except Izzy, in some musical incarnation over the past 10 years.

I don't think that people who saw the original band are better than me, but i do think they saw a better band than I've seen. You know, having written and recorded almost all the songs and that.

curious question, do you think they are a better band cause they were original?

I would argue that someone of the current players, such as Fortus, are far more talented on their instrument.

My first time, I heard IRS live - this makes me better than most fans.

Me too.

I don't think that people who saw the original band are better than me, but i do think they saw a better band than I've seen. You know, having written and recorded almost all the songs and that.

curious question, do you think they are a better band cause they were original?

I would argue that someone of the current players, such as Fortus, are far more talented on their instrument.

If more talented on their instrument means you can put various sheet music in front of them and they can play more of it accurately than the other guy, then yes, I agree with you.

Elitist? Really? I knew a guy that saw Hendrix. I thought it was awesome. I didn't fucking whine about it.

I'm not whining about it, I'm just pointing out that because someone has seen them with the original line-up does not make them a bigger fan, nor their opinion more valid. I wasn't pointing at anyone in particular it is just something that arises time to time on these boards.

I'm relatively happy that I have seen every member, except Izzy, in some musical incarnation over the past 10 years.

You see Paul Tobias/Huge?

Mine was the first Hammerstein show in 2006.

I had a chance to see them open for Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour in 1987(?), maybe 1988, but the tickets were $21.

I was 13, and that was too much money at the time... one of my only regrets in life.

June 2007 two nights in Sydney, Australia

I missed seeing original GN'R 14 years earlier, and was so excited to see Axl live... FINALLY!
The band was tight, and Axl sang his ass off for 3 hours, starting around midnight.

Then I saw them again in Melbourne in March last year, the band was still tight, but Axl was a bit hit and miss throughout the show.

Stop being a tool then, as we've all seen real GN'R.
Youtube doesn't count.
Right, all of us who have seen Axl onstage have seen real Guns N' Roses