DJ on "Best Modern Guitarist" list

Guest cbgnr666

For the guitar people,aren't Slash and DJ pretty much identicle in skill?Not talking about riffs they wrote,just playing ability.

....nothing against DJ but if playing covers (which is basically what he does) is what makes a "great" guitarist, my last guitarist could kill every GNR song, as well as damn near every other band you threw at him. His name is Steve. Add him to the list.

Does "Steve" have a #1 hit like Dj?

What was DJ's number one hit?

You guys always say that billboard hits and album sales don't matter, though, so I'm not sure why it would matter if DJ had a number or not (which he doesn't).

I do know that Slash has had WAY more "hits" than DJ has, and it isn't even close.

I'm pretty sure Life is Beautiful and/or Lies of the Beautiful People by Sixx Am. They both get regular rock play. I personally like Life is Beautiful but hate Lies of the Beautiful people.

Nope.

Life is Beautiful hit #26 on the billboard charts.

Maybe DJ had a number one hit with The Bullet Boys or with the Addiction To The Friction album?

Yep. Lies Of The Beautiful People hit #1

Number one on the "mainstream rock" chart is a little different than hitting number one on the main billboard chart. If you are going to throw out "number one hit" comments, you should caveat by saying it's a side chart.

The album that song came off of didn't even go Gold.

For reference, Nickleback has had 23 songs chart on the "mainstream rock chart"............"seven #1 hits" and 5-6 more songs that reached number 2 or number 3.

We get that you like DJ.

But no need to exaggerate to try and make his career seem more successful than it actually is.

And I hope DJ ends his career with a dozen #1 hits..........and 11 of them come in the next five years from the next two GnR albums. I'm rooting for the guy.

For the guitar people,aren't Slash and DJ pretty much identicle in skill?Not talking about riffs they wrote,just playing ability.

Yes, because guitarists are Street Fighter characters.

Ryu and Ken are identical in skill.

Slash and DJ are identical in skill.

When I go to Guitar Center to buy strings, all I hear is kids playing DJ ASHBA riffs on the amps. OK, are you happy?

Yes, because guitarists are Street Fighter characters.

Ryu and Ken are identical in skill.

Slash and DJ are identical in skill.

When I go to Guitar Center to buy strings, all I hear is kids playing DJ ASHBA riffs on the amps. OK, are you happy?

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUL :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I can't go anywhere in NYC without hearing a DJ ASHBA song. Taxis, bars, clubs, restaurants, they're all playing sixxxxxx am and addiction friction!

wfuckinga played addiction to the friction over his school's pa system and there was dancing in the hallways.

• Like 1

I can't go anywhere in NYC without hearing a DJ ASHBA song. Taxis, bars, clubs, restaurants, they're all playing sixxxxxx am and addiction friction!

you usually try too hard, but I laughed at this :lol:

No. DJ has trouble playing some Slash's technically challenging works to the point that he has to play those pieces differently, taking shortcuts.

From what I can tell, both arent too far away technically but Slash edges it.

Creatively, on the other hand...