Concerts in Brazil changed to even bigger venues

According to the respected journalist José Norberto Flesch, the venues where Guns N' Roses will play in Brazil were not announced yet because they all changed to bigger places. Porto Alegre was going to be on the Pepsi On Stage and it changed to the Gigantinho Arena, that holds literally twice as much as Pepsi On Stage. São Paulo is gonna be either on the Morumbi Stadium (the São Paulo Football Club issued a note saying that they have a date booked for GNR) or on the Anhembi Arena.

Now the interesting part: the Morumbi Stadium is one of the biggest private stadiums in the whole world, and the Anhembi Arena is the exact same venue where GNR played in 1992, during their hey-days.

I think they're being too confident, I'm not sure they make this work and sell out the tour. Unless there's some sort of surprise... Let's see.

The tweets, in case anyone wants to see: https://twitter.com/jnflesch

Edited by ManetsBR

I'm sure the promoter wouldn't book a bigger venue unless they thought there was enough demand to. If GnR announced a new album in January or Febuary for release at the end of the year, I think they would have a pretty easy time filling up the venues.

GnR always play to huge crowds in SA, it's no surprise the promoter would book a larger venue and xGnRxStar you are correct GnR will still get paid no matter what the turn out, the promoter is the only one at risk.

The problem with this tour at present is that, there's nothing to promote. GnR should probably not squander the SA audiences good will by over-playing that market (I realize they seem to have a unquenchable thirst for all things GnR, but everything has it's breaking point).

It could be a re-launch, It's always a good idea to play to a safe audience before hitting Europe or the U.S, SA are much more forgiving audiences and it's nearly a guarantee to generate ticket sales.

With that dunce Fernando in charge, hopes of an album release just get farther & farther away...

Fernando doesn't have anything to do with this. Like xGNRxSTARx said, promoters usually determine the venues. They know what numbers artists can pull in what markets, and it's their job to fill as many seats as possible.

With that dunce Fernando in charge, hopes of an album release just get farther & farther away...

Fernando doesn't have anything to do with this. Like xGNRxSTARx said, promoters usually determine the venues. They know what numbers artists can pull in what markets, and it's their job to fill as many seats as possible.

I was referring to the statement in the OP about how they're aiming too high, unless there's some kind of "surprise" in the cards. I took that as news of an album. And if Fernando really is wearing the big boy manager's hat, he absolutely figures into negotiating a release, or lack thereof.

Edited by sofine11

For all the complaints, complaints, complaints we have, I bet most of us would go see Gn'R in the states this year if they added three new songs like The General, Atlas Shrugged and Checkmate & brought back some UYI favorites like Dead Horse, Yesterday's and The Garden. Even with no imminent album release date that'd be enough to get me to go again.

For all the complaints, complaints, complaints we have, I bet most of us would go see Gn'R in the states this year if they added three new songs like The General, Atlas Shrugged and Checkmate & brought back some UYI favorites like Dead Horse, Yesterday's and The Garden. Even with no imminent album release date that'd be enough to get me to go again.

Axl would never be able to pull Dead Horse and Yesterdays off...

Yup. People talk about them adding Perfect Crime to the set as if 2014 Axl wouldn't pass out 20 seconds into it.

No!! Gigantinho is a fuckin' garbage pail! :thumbsdown::vomit:

What happened to the FIERGS park? It's the best place for a concert in this fuckin' city.

IMO Arena do Grêmio should be the stadium of choice, if they make it a point to play in one.

Anything but Gigantinho! :fuckyou:

What's the problem with Gigantinho? Honest question.

Would like to hear your opinion

It's too old and small, and the place is almost literally falling apat. Pyrotechnics are a big nope because of the roof and narrow acces, and after what happened at a club in Santa Maria last year, there's no way those will be allowed.

Plus, with the main stadium under construction right next to it, it will be impossible to get to. And I don't mean impossible as in being stuck in traffic for a while, I mean most of the main access streets are closed off or detoured and parking is more of suggestion than a reality. Grêmio's arena is, at least, a completely new building, t's much larger and it's located right off town by an equally new, recently completed (as in, a few weeks ago) stretch of four lane highway. Getting these is a breezem there's plenty of space to park and no one will complain about the noise.

Also, I made a promisse never to enter Gigantinho :lol:

I think he could, but would choose to do it with the clean voice. I've been listening to some '11-12 soundboards recently and I'm sure he can turn the rasp on/off at will. I wish they'd overhaul the setlist, shorten it to about 2 hrs and keep Axl onstage for a much bigger % of the show.

Yup. People talk about them adding Perfect Crime to the set as if 2014 Axl wouldn't pass out 20 seconds into it.

That's right. If he tries it, we riot!