Why are everyone's opinions so black or white here?

"Why are people expressing their opinions on a forum?"

why are those opinions so black and white.

Theory 2. We are all inverted narcissists.

Stevens drums are too fun for UYI lyrics.

Because they are OPINIONS. They are as each and everyone of us wants them to be.

Steven's drumming would've been awful. YCBM, Estranged, Coma, Locomotive with him behind the kit? Sure don't want.

The drums on CD are programmed. They aren't even a live track.

Why does that matter? One of the annoyances on UYI is the generic plodding on every track, might as well be robot. AFD just sound like are recorded in a garage. If you listen to drums its like boy they are shitty sounding. But youre not meant to listen to them. CD is ear candy, sound fetish album.

I mentioned because you called the drums awesome. It's something any person with Superior drummer and etc could create. It has nothing unique. If you're going to program drums, why try to mask them as genuine drums? I'm not saying programming drums is always bad or mostly bad. It just doesn't hit you in the face like a real drummer. Especially one like Brain. Once you program em, you sacrifice a lot of the feeling for perfect clicks. A clicking clock seems to have perfect rhythm but it can put ya to sleep.

Also, AFD is not a garage record. That's retarded. AFD is actually a pretty awesome mix and the snare pops in your face.

I simply do not understand where you are coming from. Adler's drum sound on AFD is, of the gods. He is tight and on the button. It is not loose in the slightest. You speak a right load of cack some times.

They just sound weak to me in comparison with Better and TWAT or latter day Zepp drums. But generally you can't hear them because Slash is playing over it all the time. It So Easy drums are labored and almost detract from the momentum of the song, listen to them they are comical. I think it works well on Brownstone. But on the whole AFD is recorded pretty poorly, and that adds some energy and allows Axl's vocals to shine, whereas CD is a wall of perfection, it's Axl's vocals seem weak in that mix.

Black Ice drums, even Spaghetti Incident drums are better than AFD drums. AFD is carried by Axl vocals and Slash's riffs and solos.

Are you smoking crack?!

Spaghetti drums better than AFD? TSI's drums are crap.

But Black Ice are better. I like the solidness on Spag Inc it was improvement on UYI.

I think a lot of time went to getting the drums right on CD. To be honest it was more just an observation, I was listening to AFD and there were these moments when I noticed the drums as sounding tinny or just plunking. The sound quality of it. Whereas on CD I just never hear that, whether it's those whip cracking drums on Better or the bombastic stuff on TWAT it was sounds great. AFD has a looseness and over all the songs and dynamics, vocals carry it. Stevie's drums have personality, personality goes along way. It was more an objective observation really.

I'm going to try not to say anything positive about CD.

Some nuts people here are really annoying with their radicalism. Like when people discuss about Axl. People worship him blindly or they see him as a despicable person who just happens to sings in their favourite band.

Seems like you have to be or a Axlite or a Axl hater who will do negative comments most of the time.