Tommy Stinson in 2 touring bands in 2014

Tommy kicks fuckin' ass !!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly doubt Tommy leaves. I'd be positively stunned if he did. Its not like he and Paul are best friends. If he does leave I'll be disappointed. Aside from Dizzy no one past or present has been in GNR longer than Tommy has. (come to think of it, this lineup is the most stable, longest running lineup in the band's storied history). If he were to leave I think I'd consider it a loss for sure, but I think they'd be okay. I could envision Duff stepping in or if they were really in a tight spot, Pitman is allegedly a more than capable bassist.

What if Tommy left and Bumble followed shortly thereafter? Can anyone picture DJ Ashba and Slash in the same band? Of course, I don't think there's any chance of that happening, but that sure would be a sight to see.

I have thought this is probably the most realistic scenerio. I think Axl really likes Ashba, perhaps they have good working relationship (like Axl had with Izzy). Plus Axl is too proud to give up on nugnr, so any type of Slash return would involve a classic and nu gnr merger. Honestly Tommy leaving could be the catalyst to making this happen. Because who else are you gonna get to play bass other than Duff. If Duff comes back, then perhaps a Slash return becomes possible, perhaps Sorum as well. I don't think Izzy would want to join anything full time, I think he enjoys his once and a while return shows. So Axl would move DJ to mostly rhythm, which he would probably get solos here and there anyways. Of course this means BBF, Frank, and Fortus are out. But if Slash and Duff are back them who cares right?

As for an album goes, take the best 3~5 illusion/96 session leftovers, 3~5 CD era leftovers, then try to write new things with whatever is left. You let Slash and DJ put parts over the CD era stuff, to make it there own. Call the album Guns n' Roses and everybody is happy.

Hummm... are you on dope? I'm pretty sure its something heavy I hope you survive. Maybe not?

Remember the words - NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

Thank God!

I highly doubt Tommy leaves. I'd be positively stunned if he did. Its not like he and Paul are best friends. If he does leave I'll be disappointed. Aside from Dizzy no one past or present has been in GNR longer than Tommy has. (come to think of it, this lineup is the most stable, longest running lineup in the band's storied history). If he were to leave I think I'd consider it a loss for sure, but I think they'd be okay. I could envision Duff stepping in or if they were really in a tight spot, Pitman is allegedly a more than capable bassist.

What if Tommy left and Bumble followed shortly thereafter? Can anyone picture DJ Ashba and Slash in the same band? Of course, I don't think there's any chance of that happening, but that sure would be a sight to see.

I have thought this is probably the most realistic scenerio. I think Axl really likes Ashba, perhaps they have good working relationship (like Axl had with Izzy). Plus Axl is too proud to give up on nugnr, so any type of Slash return would involve a classic and nu gnr merger. Honestly Tommy leaving could be the catalyst to making this happen. Because who else are you gonna get to play bass other than Duff. If Duff comes back, then perhaps a Slash return becomes possible, perhaps Sorum as well. I don't think Izzy would want to join anything full time, I think he enjoys his once and a while return shows. So Axl would move DJ to mostly rhythm, which he would probably get solos here and there anyways. Of course this means BBF, Frank, and Fortus are out. But if Slash and Duff are back them who cares right?

As for an album goes, take the best 3~5 illusion/96 session leftovers, 3~5 CD era leftovers, then try to write new things with whatever is left. You let Slash and DJ put parts over the CD era stuff, to make it there own. Call the album Guns n' Roses and everybody is happy.

It's because of those fucked up theories that Duff will never be invited to join if tommy ever leaves! cuz people wouldn't shut up about a reunion

I really don't think Tommy will leave GNR. Even with the 'mats going on he has still committed over a decade of his life to GNR, why can't he do both? Although I guess if Robin left, who knows?

If he leaves all be bummed because he has been so important to GNR for so long, but maybe Duff can fill the hole? :lol:

It's because of those fucked up theories that Duff will never be invited to join if tommy ever leaves! cuz people wouldn't shut up about a reunion

You know this is kinda funny. You say this is a fucked up theory, yet people endlessly theorize about Axl's day to day activities on this board all the time. I'm not calling you out per say, but their are probably ten threads full of waaaayy more unfounded theories, just posted today. Yet my theory is fucked up :)

I also find it funny that people jump to defend Tommy, yet I never said one negative word about him. You kids......

Edited by Mike420

I don´t think Tommy is gonna leave tomorrow nor next week nor next moth. But the band has been a revolving door before. I´m afarid we can´t be 100% sure that Tommy or any other members will stay forever.

As for Duff, it was brought up originally more like a as joke than in a serious way I think. Why would Duff be willing to join the band again? If it is for one show I guess he would do it but not as an official permanent member. Unless Axl is willing to give him a partner status that Duff had before. I don´t see Axl doing that.

I wouldn't rule out him leaving GNR, only because he's been doing this for 35 years.

I think Duff would cover a leg of a tour for Tommy, but beyond that, no. He could have stayed in Janes Addiction if he wanted, but that's why I've said the only thing I see him doing is writing with Axl and/or Izzy and maybe with Tommy. Basically a session musician and songwriter for hire, but one with history in the band.

Still surprised they're not headlining. So much for "influential".

Lol I don't think an average bassist like Tommy would be hard to replace.

What Duff did in Janes was more challenging than what he did in GNR. Tommy's bass lines on CD wouldn't be as much of an issue as it would be his own bass lines from the UYI era, by his own admission.

Eric Avery would be a good pick, but....maybe not what Axl would want.

http://loudwire.com/dave-navarro-rips-eric-avery-after-nine-inch-nails-exit/

Well, Matt Cameron that is both in PJ and Soundgarden decided not to perform at Lollapalooza Brazil with SG because he's already touring with PJ.

One of the bands will have to find a REPLACEMENT for him

:laugh:

Stupid pun, I know. Sorry.

Edited by Chewbacca

Duff has a lot of learning to do.

Yeah, it would be next to impossible for him to learn all those new songs GnR have released since he last toured with the band 20 years ago...

Don't be a dick...he forgot how to play YCBM remember? Which is normal, If I don't play a song for many years I need to go back and rehearse.

He would have to rehearse all the old material and learn all the CD material.

If Sorum (permanently) re-joins GNR I'm calling it a day and retiring my account.

If Sorum returns I will become a Slash fan and frame Apocalyptic Love on my wall.

You might not realize this but... you are a Slash fan. Your favourite band is Guns N' Roses right...? Axl Rose and Slash are the two main people in Guns N' Roses history (yes, Izzy should be mentioned too, but the public are fickle).

You might not like Slash as a person (for someone else's reasons), but that doesn't change that he's a talented musician that wrote and helped write a lot of your favourite classic-GnR songs, and some of the new Slash material is pretty decent... not ground-breaking. Side picking is bizarre and unnecessary.

As for Duff returning, not going to happen for many obvious reasons. As for Matt returning, Matt would in a heart beat but not going to happen - Franks behind is firmly planted on that stool.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

If Sorum (permanently) re-joins GNR I'm calling it a day and retiring my account.

If Sorum returns I will become a Slash fan and frame Apocalyptic Love on my wall.

You might not realize this but... you are a Slash fan. Your favourite band is Guns N' Roses right...? Axl Rose and Slash are the two main people in Guns N' Roses history (yes, Izzy should be mentioned too, but the public are fickle).

You might not like Slash as a person (for someone else's reasons), but that doesn't change that he's a talented musician that wrote and helped write a lot of your favourite classic-GnR songs, and some of the new Slash material is pretty decent... not ground-breaking. Side picking is bizarre and unnecessary.

As for Duff returning, not going to happen for many obvious reasons. As for Matt returning, Matt would in a heart beat but not going to happen - Franks behind is firmly planted on that stool.

I am a fan of Slash's work when he was in GNR.

That is all.