Tommy Stinson in 2 touring bands in 2014

If Sorum (permanently) re-joins GNR I'm calling it a day and retiring my account.

If Sorum returns I will become a Slash fan and frame Apocalyptic Love on my wall.

You might not realize this but... you are a Slash fan. Your favourite band is Guns N' Roses right...? Axl Rose and Slash are the two main people in Guns N' Roses history (yes, Izzy should be mentioned too, but the public are fickle).

You might not like Slash as a person (for someone else's reasons), but that doesn't change that he's a talented musician that wrote and helped write a lot of your favourite classic-GnR songs, and some of the new Slash material is pretty decent... not ground-breaking. Side picking is bizarre and unnecessary.

As for Duff returning, not going to happen for many obvious reasons. As for Matt returning, Matt would in a heart beat but not going to happen - Franks behind is firmly planted on that stool.

I am a fan of Slash's work when he was in GNR.

That is all.

Dwight_Schrute__Question____by_AngryDogDIf he returned to Guns tomorrow, and they released an album would you be a fan of him again...? bare in mind the material he writes for that hypothetical album would be of the same calibre as what he's currently doing.

Hmmm? that may be a little bigger than I originally thought :blink:

the replacements are probably more important for stinson than nugnr, that's understandable.

I disagree. I can't see Tommy leaving GnR, a band he's poured 15 years of his life into.

He's been in GnR since 1998. He's the reason Richard joined, and I think he had something to do with pitman joining. He no doubt has developed a deep friendship with Axl. He's one of the people who helped put together New GnR... Look how exited he was in 2001 to play the new songs.... I'm sure it's not that cut and dry that The Replacements are more important.

No doubt, if he left it would have a negative impact on the new band.... After all, he's been in the band for 15 years... That's the second longest ANYONE besides Dizzy has been in the band, ever. It would probably be hard on Axl seeing someone who has been there through all the ups and down of the new band leave. Chances are that would delay an album for a few years.

That said, Tommy could use that as leverage to get a new GnR album out.... After all, if he has the choice of reuinited with the replacements and putting out a new album or staying with gnr and playing the same setlist again, then the replacements are a good choice.

No idea who would replace Tommy. According to the rumors in 09 of him leaving, duff was coming back.... I could see that happening.

Edited by liers

Cant see him leaving as Mats will be over by 2015.

Ron could switch to bass and just dont play Goin Down.

Why should Ron switch to bass?

Again, we have pitman who is a drummer, guitarist, bassist, and he's wasted on keyboards.

Hhe is an original member of The Replacements but is one of the replacements in GNR. I wouldn't be suprised if GNR still doesn't do that much more than just some tour dates and I especially would not be suprised if the Replacements are more of a priority for Tommy

There's no reason to think this will be an issue. As others have said, Tommy has juggled other projects with GN'R before and other members do the same currently.

Ali

Is anybody gonna let me in on why this guy feels the need to sign his every post?

Anybody? Anybody at all?

There's no reason to think this will be an issue. As others have said, Tommy has juggled other projects with GN'R before and other members do the same currently.

Ali

Is anybody gonna let me in on why this guy feels the need to sign his every post?

Anybody? Anybody at all?

It's easier for he/she to be put on the list for party passes when every post is signed. I'll give this Ali character credit for being on the frontline of the Axl Rose defense force. He/she definitely deserves a room in Axl's compound.

Very few people would pass on seeing Gn'R if Tommy left. The kids on here can talk all day about him being The General and his fifteen years in the band but nobody outside of these boards knows or cares.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

No idea who would replace Tommy. According to the rumors in 09 of him leaving, duff was coming back.... I could see that happening.

Lots of rumors always. I read that book by Roxana Sharazi, and, if her account can be believed, 2006 was a really rough year for Dizzy, and he kept complaining about how GNR management owed him thousands of dollars but kept burning him... Very possible Tommy might've wanted to leave in 2009...

Edited by kever20

I can't see Duff or Izzy coming back without Slash though....

It would definitely help GnR media wise, having two old members in it.

Not really sure who I like better though, Duff or Tommy. I know bass is important, but it's never really something I've cared much about or put a ton of opinion into. I guess if we were to compare song writing, I prefer Going Down to So Fine.

My opinion, why don't let duff do the old songs and have pitman on the newer songs? And at the same time, they can call Izzy and GNR would be on the world news again.

I don't know how much exposure they'd get for either Duff or Izzy coming back. I don't think mainstream media would view it as and bill it as a reunion unless Slash came back. If it was just Slash coming back it'd be perceived as more legitimate than if either Duff or Izzy or both came back. I think if Duff and Izzy were both to come back that it'd fuel a lot of speculation that full-blown relapse (reunion) was imminent.

Can you imagine Duff waiting in a stadium backstage in South America for 2 hours waiting for Axl to turn up? without Slash it wouldnt feel right.

Dropping in on you my friend. Its just like old times. Said the fool who signed the papers to assorted slimes.

My opinion, why don't let duff do the old songs and have pitman on the newer songs? And at the same time, they can call Izzy and GNR would be on the world news again.

Or they could just put Pitman on bass and let Duff take over tambourine duties.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Lots of rumors always. I read that book by Roxana Sharazi, and, if her account can be believed, 2006 was a really rough year for Dizzy, and he kept complaining about how GNR management owed him thousands of dollars but kept burning him... Very possible Tommy might've wanted to leave in 2009...
I recall Tommy "quit" after the Abu Dabi show at the end if 2010.

I highly doubt Duff would return. It would be great but it's not happening. And NOWHERE it says Tommy's out. You guys make up stupid predictions and discuss 'em for 26 pages like it's a fact sometimes. But can't blame you, there is nothing to talk about when it comes to Guns N' Roses.

I highly doubt Duff would return. It would be great but it's not happening. And NOWHERE it says Tommy's out. You guys make up stupid predictions and discuss 'em for 26 pages like it's a fact sometimes. But can't blame you, there is nothing to talk about when it comes to Guns N' Roses.

Hey Duff speculation is better than "what underwear Axl wears" or "what does Beta..." been plenty of far worse threads around here lately.

• Like 1