'Guns N Roses Only Late To Stage Because Of Huge Rig', Says DJ Ashba

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177025/9

DJ Ashba, guitarist of the new look Guns N Roses as of 2009, has attempted to justify the band’s ability to be incredibly late incredibly often - claiming that their ‘huge rig’ is mostly to blame.

Rock bands turning up late to a gig is almost a tradition nowadays, with larger-than-life bands often arriving on stage late before raising the roof with their set. Axl Rose and co, on the other hand, are more of a liability than tradition-followers, and have come under fire in the past - even from their own fans - for turning up hours late to their own gigs. You can check out one recent example here.

Now, attempting to justify their lack of punctuality, Ashba has spoken to Yahoo! Australia - claiming that the band are misunderstood.

“We have a huge rig and pyrotechnics so often it's the case of fitting all that into the venue. Our number one priority is to make the shows safe. [The criticism from fans on social media] kills us as a band because we're not doing any of this on purpose. Our main goal is to go and give the fans a show they will never forget and we understand how expensive tickets are. We take that into account and when we do hit the stage, it's almost impossible to get us off.”

Ashba then went on to defend Axl Rose, whose own behaviour has seen him berated by fans and press alike in the past.

“I think a lot of people and the press try to blow it up and say he's an asshole but everyone can be an asshole if you get them on the wrong day," Ashba told the site. “One thing people don't seem to get is that he's genuinely funny and he's always joking around and telling stories to make people laugh. I always say that if he wasn't a musician he'd be a great comedian. I wish the world could see that side of him because it's the opposite of what people have branded in their brains.”

And if they knew they were going to be late because of the rig, why not just schedule the shows later

They started to in 2012 and it hasn't been an issue since mid-2011.
Why was it ever an issue
Because of the rig. Don't you listen ;)

:max:

• Like 1

And if they knew they were going to be late because of the rig, why not just schedule the shows later

They started to in 2012 and it hasn't been an issue since mid-2011.

This.

I have a theory that you're Axl. But I really don't to say that. Just a lot of circumstational evidence.

They went on at a decent time when I them in 2011 and 2012, however the past couple of years have been the first where the late starts have gotten better

That means either the stage set up was not an issue and DJ is just spouting BS or GNR has a bunch of incompetent people working for them who took until 2011 to finally figure out how to set up the stage in a decent amount of time

DJ will say anything to defend Gn'R's actions, which are really just Axl's actions mostly. Bunch of bullshit imo.

That said, they came on at a decent time when I saw them in 2012. Axl improved in that aspect.

Edited by Rovim

Everyone knows that Axl likes to come out late. I don't know why this has to be discussed so many times.

Get over it.

If you want to see GNR in concert, then take the next day off from work because you know Axl won't come out before midnight.

Just go with it. I don't care why he's late, because he plays 3 hour shows at every concert, so who cares?

GNR do not have a very large rig at all. Basic lighting and some screens...that's all it is.

Not to mention that the wait occurs after the opening band has played (on time) and they certainly aren't still setting up the rig in between bands, or even once the doors open. Complete bullshit.

If you want to see large rigs....

• Like 2

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177025/9

DJ Ashba, guitarist of the new look Guns N Roses as of 2009, has attempted to justify the band’s ability to be incredibly late incredibly often - claiming that their ‘huge rig’ is mostly to blame.

Rock bands turning up late to a gig is almost a tradition nowadays, with larger-than-life bands often arriving on stage late before raising the roof with their set. Axl Rose and co, on the other hand, are more of a liability than tradition-followers, and have come under fire in the past - even from their own fans - for turning up hours late to their own gigs. You can check out one recent example here.

Now, attempting to justify their lack of punctuality, Ashba has spoken to Yahoo! Australia - claiming that the band are misunderstood.

“We have a huge rig and pyrotechnics so often it's the case of fitting all that into the venue. Our number one priority is to make the shows safe. [The criticism from fans on social media] kills us as a band because we're not doing any of this on purpose. Our main goal is to go and give the fans a show they will never forget and we understand how expensive tickets are. We take that into account and when we do hit the stage, it's almost impossible to get us off.”

Ashba then went on to defend Axl Rose, whose own behaviour has seen him berated by fans and press alike in the past.

“I think a lot of people and the press try to blow it up and say he's an asshole but everyone can be an asshole if you get them on the wrong day," Ashba told the site. “One thing people don't seem to get is that he's genuinely funny and he's always joking around and telling stories to make people laugh. I always say that if he wasn't a musician he'd be a great comedian. I wish the world could see that side of him because it's the opposite of what people have branded in their brains.”

DJ's argument holds absolutely NO water because show's like this:

start every single night at 8pm sharp.

• Like 1

If they already know that setting all that shit takes a lot of time, then the obvious solution would be starting it earlier, like:

"Jeewee, our gig starts at 8pm! We need, like, 4 hours to set this... Oh, I know! Let's start setting everything up by 6pm, with this we will be on schedule cuz 6 + 4 = 8! Brilliant!"

-Gn'R Crew