'Guns N Roses Only Late To Stage Because Of Huge Rig', Says DJ Ashba

When is this guy gonna shut up? Seriously. U2 and Metallica have MUCH bigger stage setups and are ON TIME. You know what the main factor for avoiding lateness? Get there early. GnR are late because Axl is a narcissist who only gives a fuck about himself.

• Like 1

Haha! Just for example I wonder how U2 managed to take the stage at almost exactly 9:15 every single night on the 360 tour with their massive set up(biggest in the history of music concerts)..... So no the "huge GnR rig" isn't a valid excuse. Once again the rules are different in GnR land and what other bands pull off with ease GnR can't.I mean shit one of U2's 360 stages cost more than what GnR generate in touring revenue and the man power it takes to set it up is probably double what GnR has on their entire payroll and U2 had 3 of those stages! Yeah GnR's rig is too huge that it doesn't allow them to get on stage on time. What a load of BS.

This is a big rig.... and still on time almost every single night.

Time lapse construction of The Claw

35 minute documentary on how the whole thing came to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAIvvx9MFBs

Edited by Bono

It is the most ridiculous excuse you've ever heard until you've read what he's said previously:

As for "Axl Time," Rose's infamously late appearances onstage, which, according to Slash's autobiography, "Slash", were one of the main reasons key "Appetite For Destruction" songwriter and former GN'R rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin left the band, Ashba claims that they have nothing to do with the enigmatic singer — they are the fault of the room-service staff at the band's hotels. "It isn't even Axl that's late, it's always our room service that's late. We're waiting to eat before we go on," Ashba joked.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-it-will-be-a-cold-day-in-hell-before-axl-and-slash-play-together-again/#qlKgczToi0IHk4vA.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-it-will-be-a-cold-day-in-hell-before-axl-and-slash-play-together-again/

Yes you read right. He says the room service is always late at the hotels which is why they always go on late.

This guy is ridiculous. Everyday he remains in GNR it loses more credibility (if that's even possible at this point).

Edited by Definite_Maybe

Funny how the voice got worse as shows started earlier... personally i liked the late starts :shrugs: sort of a gnr trademark if you ask me

Errr Axl's voice was terrible in 2001-2002 and he was MUCH later compared to 2010. There is no correlation. It is NOT fun to wait around for over an hour between acts.

Edited by Young_Gun

Funny how the voice got worse as shows started earlier... personally i liked the late starts :shrugs: sort of a gnr trademark if you ask me

Errr Axl's voice was terrible in 2001-2002 and he was MUCH later compared to 2010. There is no correlation. It is NOT fun to wait around for over an hour between acts.

I didnt find the 01 voice as bad as in 2012 but yeah there probably is no correlation... i still dont give a shit about the late starts though... most of the opening acts ive seen sucked (except baz in 2010) and even at that, it gave me more time to drink before gnr hit the stage... idk but personally i find it kinda stupid when people complain about the late starts tbh... its gnr, theyre supposed to be badass, and that was just one way of showing it... people complaining about missing the last bus or train lol fuck off, next time bring money for a cab or dont go

Well Ron did an interview about a year ago where he openly pointed the finger at Axl in regards to being late. He was like "I don't know what happens on the way to the venue, for Axl to get lost or delayed... We are there waiting too"

So I don't buy DJ's shit, he's obviously sucking up big time. The only person I'm ever likely to believe in regards to "telling the truth", is Ron as he doesn't seem to give a crap about upsetting team Axl anymore.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177025/9

DJ Ashba, guitarist of the new look Guns N Roses as of 2009, has attempted to justify the band’s ability to be incredibly late incredibly often - claiming that their ‘huge rig’ is mostly to blame.

Rock bands turning up late to a gig is almost a tradition nowadays, with larger-than-life bands often arriving on stage late before raising the roof with their set. Axl Rose and co, on the other hand, are more of a liability than tradition-followers, and have come under fire in the past - even from their own fans - for turning up hours late to their own gigs. You can check out one recent example here.

Now, attempting to justify their lack of punctuality, Ashba has spoken to Yahoo! Australia - claiming that the band are misunderstood.

“We have a huge rig and pyrotechnics so often it's the case of fitting all that into the venue. Our number one priority is to make the shows safe. [The criticism from fans on social media] kills us as a band because we're not doing any of this on purpose. Our main goal is to go and give the fans a show they will never forget and we understand how expensive tickets are. We take that into account and when we do hit the stage, it's almost impossible to get us off.”

Ashba then went on to defend Axl Rose, whose own behaviour has seen him berated by fans and press alike in the past.

“I think a lot of people and the press try to blow it up and say he's an asshole but everyone can be an asshole if you get them on the wrong day," Ashba told the site. “One thing people don't seem to get is that he's genuinely funny and he's always joking around and telling stories to make people laugh. I always say that if he wasn't a musician he'd be a great comedian. I wish the world could see that side of him because it's the opposite of what people have branded in their brains.”

This is one of those typical "yeah, but why the hell does it only happen to Guns n' Roses" things. Just don't try to make excuses. This is beyond lame.

Well Ron did an interview about a year ago where he openly pointed the finger at Axl in regards to being late. He was like "I don't know what happens on the way to the venue, for Axl to get lost or delayed... We are there waiting too"

So I don't buy DJ's shit, he's obviously sucking up big time. The only person I'm ever likely to believe in regards to "telling the truth", is Ron as he doesn't seem to give a crap about upsetting team Axl anymore.

Regardless who it comes from, "production issues" or delayed room service (in every city around the world) are pitiful excuses and I feel sorry for anybody who would even contemplate they are true.

If it looks and smells like sh*t.....

I swear to God this forum sometimes feels like a real life version of...

groundhogday.jpeg

Caddyshack? :P

:lol: eh… no. :question:

Ghostbusters?

:lol:Groundhog day, otherwise known as Hechizo del Tiempo (Time Spell) in South America and El Día de la Marmota (literal translation of the original English title) in Spain, I think.

Edited by TombRaider

It is impressive how DJ seems stupid and arrogant enough think anybody who cares about this is stupid and ignorant and gullible enough to believe what he implies.

Yes, DJ Ashba, When Musicians go " on tour" they often take various items, such as instruments, amplifiers and even stage aesthetics with them! Setting these things up is a process that requires X amount of time. Several people get paid to do so in this X amount of time. It is likely wether or not they stay hired depends on if they manage to do this. Usually tour managers, places hosting concerts etc proceed to take this X amount of time in consideration when thinking of schedules.

I am sure people working for GNR appreciate the fact some rotten cunt like DJ just basically implies they have no clue how to do the job they are there for. Can you imagine more complete way to belittle, ridicule and question professionalism of people settign the stage up, than suggesting they repeatedly just fail doing so in time?

Edited by LTD
  • Like 1

It is impressive how DJ seems stupid and arrogant enough think anybody who cares about this is stupid and ignorant and gullible enough to believe what he implies.

Yes, DJ Ashba, When Musicians go " on tour" they often take various items, such as instruments, amplifiers and even stage aesthetics with them! Setting these things up is a process that requires X amount of time. Several people get paid to do so in this X amount of time. It is likely wether or not they stay hired depends on if they manage to do this. Usually tour managers, places hosting concerts etc proceed to take this X amount of time in consideration when thinking of schedules.

I am sure people working for GNR appreciate the fact some rotten cunt like DJ just basically implies they have no clue how to do the job they are there for. Can you imagine more complete way to belittle, ridicule and question professionalism of people settign the stage up, than suggesting they repeatedly just fail doing so in time?

The crew aren't paying his checks though. Ashba's the equivalent of that slimey employee that sucks up to the boss constantly.