'Guns N Roses Only Late To Stage Because Of Huge Rig', Says DJ Ashba

I swear to God this forum sometimes feels like a real life version of...

groundhogday.jpeg

Caddyshack? :P

:lol: eh… no. :question:

Ghostbusters?

:lol:Groundhog day, otherwise known as Hechizo del Tiempo (Time Spell) in South America and El Día de la Marmota (literal translation of the original English title) in Spain, I think.

Bitch, please. That screen is obviously from Lost In Translation.

It is the most ridiculous excuse you've ever heard until you've read what he's said previously:

As for "Axl Time," Rose's infamously late appearances onstage, which, according to Slash's autobiography, "Slash", were one of the main reasons key "Appetite For Destruction" songwriter and former GN'R rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin left the band, Ashba claims that they have nothing to do with the enigmatic singer — they are the fault of the room-service staff at the band's hotels. "It isn't even Axl that's late, it's always our room service that's late. We're waiting to eat before we go on," Ashba joked.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-it-will-be-a-cold-day-in-hell-before-axl-and-slash-play-together-again/#qlKgczToi0IHk4vA.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-it-will-be-a-cold-day-in-hell-before-axl-and-slash-play-together-again/

Yes you read right. He says the room service is always late at the hotels which is why they always go on late.

This guy is ridiculous. Everyday he remains in GNR it loses more credibility (if that's even possible at this point).

I really hate to defend any of the garbage that falls out of Ashba's mouth, but I really think this is him joking around / avoiding giving a real answer to the question.

I swear to God this forum sometimes feels like a real life version of...

groundhogday.jpeg

Caddyshack? :P

:lol: eh… no. :question:

Ghostbusters?

:lol:Groundhog day, otherwise known as Hechizo del Tiempo (Time Spell) in South America and El Día de la Marmota (literal translation of the original English title) in Spain, I think.

Bitch, please. That screen is obviously from Lost In Translation.

wat

• Like 1

Their only late cause they want to be late. Most acts take about 30 mins to change over to from the opening act. Yes things can screw up but that would only add 15-20 mins. I've seen GNR 8 times and have waited 2 hours after the opening act. But I've also only waited 20 mins as well. I sat next to the soundboard at the buffalo show and their is a red phone where they call someone to say the stage is ready. Less then 5 mins after that call they came on. The guy wouldn't tell me who he called but I could here his side of the convo.

Zomg guythssssssss its a huge rig there's so many lights and stuff! Hey Ringo, hand me my Gigson Lou Paul!

You know what would be cool? If I put out my cigarettes on this $5000 guitar!

(awaits comments: you're just jealous blah blah blah)

Edited by The Black
  • Like 1

Guest cbgnr666

Unless you've been burdened with a huge rig,its hard to explain how hard it is to get it up sometimes. You just get it up and down she goes.Up then down.Rough.

Edited by cbgnr666

Dear DJ : please stop talking/tweeting. Then slowly stop playing guitar. Thanks.

Why slowly?

This.

But as long as he's in the guy really needs to shut the flying fuck up with his crappy excuses and dumb remarks.

Edited by username

I put the "slowly" only to prevent the nuGnR defense force from calling me a hater/bitter ex-fan/butthurt Slash fan or whatever.

But if he could stop it instantly, I would greatly appreciate, of course.

DJ is really an entrepreneur isn't he?, dude sells shirts with skulls on and pants with cartoon patches on. The only assholes who buy this stuff are women who are late 30's, 40's trying to convince them self they are still 'in the game'.

I'm willing to bet DJ started his store off as a joke, but couldn't believe people was buying his shit.

I think DJ needs to practice the GN'R anthology tab book, rather than trying on his demented shirts in webchats.

• Like 1

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177025/9

DJ Ashba, guitarist of the new look Guns N Roses as of 2009, has attempted to justify the band’s ability to be incredibly late incredibly often - claiming that their ‘huge rig’ is mostly to blame.

Rock bands turning up late to a gig is almost a tradition nowadays, with larger-than-life bands often arriving on stage late before raising the roof with their set. Axl Rose and co, on the other hand, are more of a liability than tradition-followers, and have come under fire in the past - even from their own fans - for turning up hours late to their own gigs. You can check out one recent example here.

Now, attempting to justify their lack of punctuality, Ashba has spoken to Yahoo! Australia - claiming that the band are misunderstood.

“We have a huge rig and pyrotechnics so often it's the case of fitting all that into the venue. Our number one priority is to make the shows safe. [The criticism from fans on social media] kills us as a band because we're not doing any of this on purpose. Our main goal is to go and give the fans a show they will never forget and we understand how expensive tickets are. We take that into account and when we do hit the stage, it's almost impossible to get us off.”

Ashba then went on to defend Axl Rose, whose own behaviour has seen him berated by fans and press alike in the past.

“I think a lot of people and the press try to blow it up and say he's an asshole but everyone can be an asshole if you get them on the wrong day," Ashba told the site. “One thing people don't seem to get is that he's genuinely funny and he's always joking around and telling stories to make people laugh. I always say that if he wasn't a musician he'd be a great comedian. I wish the world could see that side of him because it's the opposite of what people have branded in their brains.”

Sounds fine

Ladies like a man with a huge rig

Those being negative, obviously not people experienced with a huge rig. Bless

C'mon, VH, Metallica, Kiss, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, U2 and more, do they all get late to stage due huge rig? Fuck off.

The list goes on and on. It's a bullshit excuse. Always has been, always will be.

I side with Axl / GN'R on a lot of issues but this one has never sat well with me. If you're late to shows, own up to it. The lateness has never bothered me personally, but I totally get what a problem it is for others. Either way, thy just need to own up to it instead of making up thin excuses.

For me, when they try to pass off these ridiculous excuses it's a boy who cried wolf situation. It makes me question all the other things they make excuses for that I can't prove one way or the other.

• Like 1

C'mon, VH, Metallica, Kiss, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, U2 and more, do they all get late to stage due huge rig? Fuck off.

The list goes on and on. It's a bullshit excuse. Always has been, always will be.

I side with Axl / GN'R on a lot of issues but this one has never sat well with me. If you're late to shows, own up to it. The lateness has never bothered me personally, but I totally get what a problem it is for others. Either way, thy just need to own up to it instead of making up thin excuses.

For me, when they try to pass off these ridiculous excuses it's a boy who cried wolf situation. It makes me question all the other things they make excuses for that I can't prove one way or the other.

Not to mention that DJ has toured with Motley Crue, who has a far more elaborate stage set than GnR and traveled with a friggin' roller coaster loop on their last tour, and still managed to get onstage on time. He knows better. Or he should.

I agree about the lateness, too. If they want to start the show at 11, put it on the ticket and own it. Don't make excuses and don't claim that the show is going to start at 8 or 9. It is very simple.