The old Axl!

Guest Len B'stard

The Old Axl, hmmm, sounds like a north country scrapyard. Fitting I suppose, since Rose has become nought but a big ginger shithouse in recent years.

• Like 1

Nah, you dont miss the old Axl, you miss the old you. The golden times of our own.

Thats what we all miss. And we project it on Axls figure.

An aging (normally I say) rockstar only represents an evidence of one thing: We all age.

And we don't fucking like it.

It´s not only a matter of age.Izzy Stradling looks amazing. It´s also about what Axl has become.

Lol after the story of giving head... he's like.. "Where's she at tonight!" haha, the interviewer doesn't even hear it. Reminds me kinda of the Radio Interview with Trunk. With his guard down, relaxing and having fun. Something he could still be doing all the time just not on camera. It's a different world now and it was painful to watch the guy try and win people over with free tickets and hamburgers. :( He definitely seems to feel like he's a little out of place ie. Ohh you saw GNR? When 20 years ago? Poor Guy.

Nah, you dont miss the old Axl, you miss the old you. The golden times of our own.

An aging (normally I say) rockstar only represents an evidence of one thing: We all age.

Yeah, no. It doesn't really have all that much to do with age or looks, and everything to do with attitude. Unfortunately for him though, they seem to have gone hand in hand, which is why people focus so much now on the physical as well as the mental. See, that Axl, the old Axl in this video, is a perfect example. Giving an impromptu backstage interview, hanging out, completely relaxed, sipping a drink, talking about plans for the future. That guy doesn't exist anymore, and that's what a lot of people miss.

• Like 3

No.

WTF are you talking about?

Don't project your own issues.

Yeah, no. It doesn't really have all that much to do with age or looks, and everything to do with attitude. Unfortunately for him though, they seem to have gone hand in hand, which is why people focus so much now on the physical as well as the mental. See, that Axl, the old Axl in this video, is a perfect example. Giving an impromptu backstage interview, hanging out, completely relaxed, sipping a drink, talking about plans for the future. That guy doesn't exist anymore, and that's what a lot of people miss.

That guy stopped existing in late eighties. The whole time we have known about Axl it has not benn a "relaxed, giving interviews in backstage, and being open" Axl. Its been the fucking opposite. Just like now.

It´s not only a matter of age.Izzy Stradling looks amazing. It´s also about what Axl has become.

Some people ages better tan others. What amazes me is how concerned people seems to be about the way Axl does.

Vernset, you are so right!

Everyone ages it's a fact of life and no matter how many surgeries you have on the outside, your body on the inside is aging and can't do the stuff when you were younger.

It's life and it sucks, but we as humans make the most of it.

It's better than being dead. lol

I think Axl is doing well. He looks good and he's still rockin on stage. I saw a backstage youtube film about how they have a gym and a massage person on site. I'm sure they have a hot tub too. People to take care of Axl's every need.

I'm sure at home he's a regular person who does regular stuff.

We can't change other people's lives only ours and that's hard enough.

Edited by Val22

I dont understand. You dont know what I am talking about or do you understand it?

If you tell me to not project my issues, its because you are understanding what I am talking about. Then, why answer why I am talking about?

I am not projecting my issues since I am not the one having issues the way Axl Rose ages. :)

Vernset, you are so right!

Everyone ages it's a fact of life and no matter how many surgeries you have on the outside, your body on the inside is aging and can't do the stuff when you were younger.

It's life and it sucks, but we as humans make the most of it.

It's better than being dead. lol

I think Axl is doing well. He looks good and he's still rockin on stage. I saw a backstage youtube film about how they have a gym and a massage person on site. I'm sure they have a hot tub too. People to take care of Axl's every need.

I'm sure at home he's a regular person who does regular stuff.

We can't change other people's lives only ours and that's hard enough.

To be honest I am way more concerned about the way his voice is aging and how the Rasp seems to be gone... or if the political issues with the labels are an impediment for Axl and GNR releasing their music and their art.

Thats what bothers me. If Axl is not young anymore and has 10 more pounds than he should... I could not care less...

Edited by vernset

Well unfortunately when you age your voice changes too.

Some singers still sound like they did in the early days like Rob Halford and Klaus Meine, but Axl's voice has changed a bit. My son says it's because he's not smoking anymore, but we don't want Axl to take up that habit again.

I'm glad Axl and GNR are still touring and having fun onstage, but if you think Axl will sound like he did in 88 or even 91, it's not going to happen. He's doing the best he can and I commend him for it.

As for gaining weight, it happens when you age too. But if I had the money for a full gym and trainer and a cook, it would be a lot easier to stay fit. But still our bodies change as we age too and sometimes you can't help it.

And you are right about people aging and wishing Axl was the way he was again, everyone wishes to be younger, but I tell you, I wish I knew then what I know now and I wish I could go back and make better decisions. I feel I have more insight now and wish I had it when I was younger.

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way too.

That guy stopped existing in late eighties. The whole time we have known about Axl it has not benn a "relaxed, giving interviews in backstage, and being open" Axl. Its been the fucking opposite. Just like now.

Maybe the whole time you've known about Axl it has been that way, but some of us who grew up with this band do remember the Axl in that video. Just because he doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean we should pretend it was never that way. Hence, the comments that people miss the old Axl. It's a legitimate feeling for those who were able to experience it. And if anyone missed it, they missed something special.

• Like 4

I dont understand. You dont know what I am talking about or do you understand it?

If you tell me to not project my issues, its because you are understanding what I am talking about. Then, why answer why I am talking about?

I am not projecting my issues since I am not the one having issues the way Axl Rose ages. :)

You projected your issues from the very beginning. This topic had NOTHING to do with Axl's age. It obviously was regarding his attitude in the video.

• Like 2

So many whiners. It must be rough to be constantly unhappy and disapproving of Axl. I wonder if people are just slow learners or they enjoy being dramatic "purist" masochists. Either way, Axl owns you all.

Edited by metaforcesaber

You projected your issues from the very beginning. This topic had NOTHING to do with Axl's age. It obviously was regarding his attitude in the video.

Haha! :lol:

Edited by Nosaj Thing