The old Axl!

Wow... Such a contrast to who he is now.

You know him?
Yes I do.
Then you're part of the problem. Asshole.

Your mother doesn't agree(she says hi).

She's drunk and on the prowl again? Tell that bitch to get her ass home. Last time she was with you I had to listen to her whine for 3 days about how small you were and how you screamed like a bitch when she tried using the vibrator on you. No matter how many times I try to explain that I don't give a shit, she just goes on and on and on. Fuck man, do me a solid. Put your little dick away and show her the door. It's really best for all involved.

She was sober :)

You know him?
Yes I do.

She's drunk and on the prowl again? Tell that bitch to get her ass home. Last time she was with you I had to listen to her whine for 3 days about how small you were and how you screamed like a bitch when she tried using the vibrator on you. No matter how many times I try to explain that I don't give a shit, she just goes on and on and on. Fuck man, do me a solid. Put your little dick away and show her the door. It's really best for all involved.

No wonder she remembers so many more details. Sick fucking details that I don't want to know about. Congrats on enjoying the vibrator this time though...I guess. :shrugs:

mother love bone was a good band.

yeah, i miss old axl. but people age and things change. he's still a more-than-capable performer when he tries. he exudes an energy and charisma on stage that makes him one of the best frontmen of all time...i just wish he'd get some 'appetite' again (pun intended, sadly) like he had in 2006, to prove himself. i don't see the hunger anymore.

• Like 1

You know him?
Yes I do.
No wonder she remembers so many more details. Sick fucking details that I don't want to know about. Congrats on enjoying the vibrator this time though...I guess. :shrugs:

Thanks!

It must be rough to be constantly unhappy and disapproving of Axl.

No, it's not rough at all. :lol:

It is very important for meta to let all of us know how Axl "owns" us because we aren't kissing his ass 24/7.Thankfully he'll tell us this 3987 more times this year.

Axl Rose protection is something to take very srsly.

Thankfully we have an 18-year old kid who is obsessed with Star Wars to let us know how "butthurt" we are because of the actions of a rock singer. You see, to him, internet rock forums are srss business.

And when he says it makes him laugh or he ends his sentence with "oops"......then you really know it's true.

Axl "owns" all of us "butthurt" bitter ex-fans. Srsly. Oops.

• Like 3

Yeah, thats because there are TONS of videos of that "old Axl era" full of insights and interviews in lost of concert backstages, right? Nope. There aren't.

They guy was reclusive and he still is. You are idealizing an Axl that never existed. Simply as that.

I take it you weren't actually around during those times?

GnR was as media friendly as any band out there back in the 87-93 years.

Axl had no problem doing interviews for magazines or tv.

Heck, you probably don't know this, but for the Illusion albums, GnR did every major magazine, they released 10 music videos, and they released two behind the scenes documentaries - just for those two albums. Mind blown, right?

So no offense - but you don't know what you are talking about. But good luck with your Axl protection mode - it's fun to watch.

• Like 2

It is very important for meta to let all of us know how Axl "owns" us because we aren't kissing his ass 24/7.Thankfully he'll tell us this 3987 more times this year.

Thankfully we have an 18-year old kid who is obsessed with Star Wars to let us know how "butthurt" we are because of the actions of a rock singer. You see, to him, internet rock forums are srss business.

And when he says it makes him laugh or he ends his sentence with "oops"......then you really know it's true.

Groghan, I'm disappointed in your critical thinking skills. So many exaggerations, mischaracterizations, lies. More and more, I'm wondering if you're a student in your class, not the teacher. It's all becoming clear now. You're one to talk about repeating things ad nauseum- sometimes I wonder if you have Aspbergers or something. No offense. I repeat stuff FAR LESS than you do. Exponentially less than you. I guess I should just be happy you didn't say "worshipper" or point out that Axl is a wife beater, since you've repeated that 3987 times.

Also, the thread had a lot of bitching and moaning, I merely pointed out that people seemingly enjoy bitching and moaning, which I find strange.

Yeah, thats because there are TONS of videos of that "old Axl era" full of insights and interviews in lost of concert backstages, right? Nope. There aren't.

They guy was reclusive and he still is. You are idealizing an Axl that never existed. Simply as that.

Exactly, his voice and appearance changed drastically but he doesn't changed that much as a person. He always has been reclusive, but of course in the 80's/ early 90's he was in the peak of his carreer, so he was far more active than he is now.

But anytime he gives an interview he behaves very well and is usually very amusing. I don't think that's changed.

Edited by Miss Paradise

I take it you weren't actually around during those times?

GnR was as media friendly as any band out there back in the 87-93 years.

Axl had no problem doing interviews for magazines or tv.

Heck, you probably don't know this, but for the Illusion albums, GnR did every major magazine, they released 10 music videos, and they released two behind the scenes documentaries - just for those two albums. Mind blown, right?

So no offense - but you don't know what you are talking about. But good luck with your Axl protection mode - it's fun to watch.

And paraded his girlfriends in his music videos, did a magazine cover with Stephanie when they were together, appeared/performed at multiple award shows, did copious interviews where he revealed all manner of information about his childhood, and personal life...ffs, there were a few MTV promos in there! What earthly definition of the word reclusive are some of you using here!?

Edited by Angelica

Groghan, I'm disappointed in your critical thinking skills. So many exaggerations, mischaracterizations, lies. More and more, I'm wondering if you're a student in your class, not the teacher. It's all becoming clear now. You're one to talk about repeating things ad nauseum- sometimes I wonder if you have Aspbergers or something. No offense. I repeat stuff FAR LESS than you do. Exponentially less than you. I guess I should just be happy you didn't say "worshipper" or point out that Axl is a wife beater, since you've repeated that 3987 times.

Also, the thread had a lot of bitching and moaning, I merely pointed out that people seemingly enjoy bitching and moaning, which I find strange.

Doesn't show me where I'm actually wrong.........check.

Personal attacks against me....................check.

Oddly has a notebook where he keeps track of what people post..........check.

Strays from topic, makes posts about me or another poster...........check.

Bitches and moans about people bitching and moaning...........check.

Takes forum and other posters way too srsly...........ooops............check.

But to make you happy, and to show that I take this forum way too srsly and that I'm not butthurt by your comments and that Axl still owns me.........worshipper, wife-beater, nutter. (That should spark your rage and allow you to bitch and moan some more about me bitching and moaning). :thumbsup:

Now back to the ACTUAL topic.............

• Like 1

Doesn't show me where I'm actually wrong.........check.

Personal attacks ....................check.

Oddly has a notebook where he keeps track of what people post..........check.

Strays from topic, makes posts about another poster...........check.

Bitches and moans about people bitching and moaning...........check.

Takes forum and other posters way too srsly...........ooops............check.

Now back to the ACTUAL topic.............

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Touring behind the name Guns N Roses shows that you don't care about fame.

So one minute you're pointing out how Axl doesn't tell us anything, is reclusive, etc. The next minute, you're saying he still cares about being famous because he uses the name. I thought he used the name for cash grabs?

Dude seriously, you need to turn off the autopilot sometimes. For real.

I know that when someone wants to remain lowkey, they like to tour behind a very big brand name. Makes sense. rite?

How you compare that to his refusal to give information is for some crackhead to figure out.

I never said anything about "refusal to give information." I pointed out how you had mentioned he doesn't give interviews and is reclusive. Can you understand how being reclusive might be interpreted as not being super interested in being famous anymore? Ironically, a crackhead could probably figure that one out. No offense.

I was referring to your butthurt over my original post in this topic. I said he was too scared to give information.

I didn't mention him being reclusive from what I remember. That all came about when someone claimed he has always been reclusive. I didn't say reclusive = <insert your strawman here>

Know what I mean? Just give me a definitely maybe if you know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Perhaps I didn't articulate it well enough for your high standards of posting, but I think it could be argued that not promoting your album, not interacting with your fans, not releasing another album, not doing a reunion, not doing interviews, not being publically seen very often, might.. just MIGHT constitute a diminished desire to maximize fame and stardom. Definitely maybe?

Or definitely maybe it's called being lazy and dysfunctional. But I guess Axl never had a history of being lazy and dysfunctional, right? GNR is on such a roll right now with their wise decisions and PR. Surely one must conclude that their mistakes and shitty moves are calculated and intentional.

Shit, going on a highly televised late night talk show just SCREAMS that he wants to be lowkey.

Edited by Rustycage