List your ALL-TIME favourite 'NuGN'R' moments

Probably the '06 comeback. Axl-wise, it was a vast improvement from the '02 days. Axl was on fuckin' fire, and it was the last time it really seemed like he wanted to strut his stuff. It's a shame he didn't strike while the iron was hot from there. It was Nu Guns' last chance to really attempt to make something of themselves. The public had enough after that misfire, and CD did nothing to win people back over. It's been failure to launch ever since; and Axl apparently has sold himself to syndication so to speak...

Like everyone else, the first instant that Axl was in front of me ranks up at the top. I'm in the grey scally cap just to the right of Axl's monitor in this clip. I was looking up at Dj as he played the intro, and just before the verse started I looked down and realized that Axl was right in front of me...fucking surreal.

The whole show was just insane, though these two definitely chart as THE highlights:

And of course meeting the band after the show, but that's not so much a "moment" as an experience.

My first time seeing GNR in Toronto back in 2002. The opening notes to Jungle had the hair on my arms standing up. What a moment.

Getting to strum on Bumbles guitar during the Paradise City solo in Toronto in 2006.

Hearing There Was A Time from front row centre in Hamilton 2010.

Meeting Bumble in Toronto in 2013. That club gig was fantastic.

I was torn that I was out of town for the Toronto "UCAP" style show I'm 2013. What did you think of the venue? I'm not too crazy about it.

I'm not crazy about the venue, but the gig was killer. Up close and personal plus the sound was crystal clear. Great night indeed.

Alright, I'll add my 2 cents

From the perspective of an overall fan there have been a lot of awesome moments-

For me some of the highlights were discovering the leaks on youtube before the album was finally released. I remember listening to them in a hotel room with my dad and sisters in Mackinac City in Up North Michigan...

I remember discovering that the old band didn't exist after I was really bummed I missed the 2006 Detroit show (I was a new fan) and then learning to really dig the current line ups.

Waiting for the 2009/10 tour to kick off. For those of you who weren't here, there was no moment more exciting on this forum in years. It was even more exciting than when the album came out. We were freaking out! Wondering about the set lists, Axl's hair, DJ, the security guard punch, the epic Japanese gigs, all the "new" ChiDem songs in the set... it was the best time to be a NuGNR fan! Which leads to...

Seeing them live for the first time on the 2010 Canadian tour! It was a great show and seeing Axl for the first time was unreal.

I have had a lot of other great, personal moments too like the other 2 gigs I attended, and meeting band members (especially Ron, he put his guitar on me and I got to literally play it for a while)

The Residency and Up Close and Personal Tour are both highlights as well, so glad I caught the latter. Plus additions to the set like Civil War, 14 Years, and freakin' ESTRANGED was awesome. As shitty as Rio was, that moment was epic. Seeing Izzy and Duff up there is always a great moment too.

Then you have things like Bucket's solos on Nightrain, Rio 2001, The Hammerstein shows, and tons of individual, awesome performances

Despite all the failures Axl has had, this band has provided me and a lot of you with great memories and moments.

Edited by ZoSoRose

My list is as follows:

Seeing them for the first time in 2002 (even though Axl cut the show short)

Being at the first Hammerstein show.

- Hearing Better, IRS, TWaT and the new version of CD for the first time that show.

Chinese Democracy finally being released in 2008

All the shows I saw on the UCaP Tour, most of which; Detroit 2012 which was the best show I've ever seen from any version of GN'R

That Detroit UCAP gig is the greatest show I have ever been to. I don't think anything can ever top it, only a classic GNR or Led Zeppelin reunion could.