The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, Oldest Goat said:

The Mist

Jesus Christ these characters/actors are unlikable lol. The mother is so weird looking and irritating.

I totally agree, but stick it out because some of the characters get what they deserve.

the movie was better. Not sure if this will be back for a second season, but it ends up in the air.

I watched:

Preacher

Midnight Texas

Gone

Seinfeld

Aliens

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, mishan said:

The Tick is back. Yes!

The Wynonna Earp season finale was amazing.

Love this show. Can't wait for season 3.

Animal Kingdom the season finale. This was one of the best finales I've seen in a long time. this show rocks!

16 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I fucking hate that little shit Adrian.

Yeah, I do too. I don't care if he's gay or straight. There's something really mentally wrong with him. Besides being a liar I'm pretty sure he's a psycho too.

Lots of secrets come out in the last couple of shows.

I think this show started out slowly, but it really finished with a bang.

7 hours ago, mishan said:

Has anyone else seen Mr Mercedes? Just started watching it, great cast, great soundtrack. It looks to be an actually good Stephen King dramatisation.

I would like to see this but I don't have whatever source this show is on. It looked and sounded good.

I have all the cable channels, so I don't get Netflix or Hulu or whatever else is on. I have a big enough bill as is. lol

Finished off Iron Fist and the Defenders over the last two weeks.

I think I might be done with Marvel's Netflix series unless they change course quickly.  There's just far too much consternation amongst supposed super heroes.  I understand that people want dark and moody, but it's getting ridiculous.  I actually enjoyed Iron Fist for the fact that Danny Rand doesn't apologize or want to be anything other than a super hero (though, the conclusion and the acting didn't do the series any favours).  Speaking of acting, I'm not sure who is responsible for casting of these shows but they need to be replaced asap.  Finn Jones as Danny Rand was terrible (though, he wasn't given much to work with), Deborah Ann Woll is intolerable as Karen Page (she really needs to take it down a notch; feels like she's on the edge of tears with every delivered line), and Ramon Rodriguez is painful to watch as Bakuto.  

I think I'll give Punisher a chance and maybe a third season of Daredevil (I'll skip any scenes with Karen Page).  The series/saga showed a lot of potential but it's definitely suffered of late.  They need to stop with the internal conflicts over whether they will be super heroes or not and improve pacing (which plagued Jessica Jones).  Hopefully they turn it around.

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

Finished off Iron Fist and the Defenders over the last two weeks.

I think I might be done with Marvel's Netflix series unless they change course quickly.  There's just far too much consternation amongst supposed super heroes.  I understand that people want dark and moody, but it's getting ridiculous.  I actually enjoyed Iron Fist for the fact that Danny Rand doesn't apologize or want to be anything other than a super hero (though, the conclusion and the acting didn't do the series any favours).  Speaking of acting, I'm not sure who is responsible for casting of these shows but they need to be replaced asap.  Finn Jones as Danny Rand was terrible (though, he wasn't given much to work with), Deborah Ann Woll is intolerable as Karen Page (she really needs to take it down a notch; feels like she's on the edge of tears with every delivered line), and Ramon Rodriguez is painful to watch as Bakuto.  

I think I'll give Punisher a chance and maybe a third season of Daredevil (I'll skip any scenes with Karen Page).  The series/saga showed a lot of potential but it's definitely suffered of late.  They need to stop with the internal conflicts over whether they will be super heroes or not and improve pacing (which plagued Jessica Jones).  Hopefully they turn it around.

Jessica Jones' pacing was awful. Luke Cage was pretty bad with that too. The only reason I stuck around to watch The Defenders was for Daredevil and Elektra. Jessica Jones was funny but it got old. I like the parts where other characters rip on her. Foggy calls her "Super Joan Jet" while Danny couldn't come up with a good nick name for her.  Daredevil was bad ass as usual, no fucks given. I hope he and Danny will fight together again.

Haven't seen Ironfist or Defenders. Got bored of Luke Cage in the first episode, so I never went back. Loved Daredevil, and Punisher might be fun. Really liked Jessica Jones, too, partly because I'm a David Tennant fan.

My current superhero passion is the Tick. They've done a great job with the new series, such as it is - only six episodes out, another six supposed to be coming in January. Worth a watch, especially if you're suffering from a surfeit of superheroes.

Watched the season finale to Blood Drive. Not sure if this show will be on for another season, but the ending left it open.

Also watched The Sinner. This show is excellent and Jessica Biel is just wonderful in it. Two more shows until the finale. Can't wait. Her character is finally remembering what happened to her. Bill Pullman is excellent in it too.

I know I'm a few years late here, but was totally unaware that this show even existed, but I just marathoned 3 seasons of Hannibal, and it was fucking awesome! One of my favorites for sure!

As for the Marvel shows, man they've been shit since Daredevil season 2. Luke Cage was horribly boring as was Jessica Jones so natuarlly I haven't watched Iron Fist or The Defenders. Bring on The Punisher though!

I'm also amped up for Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Edited by F*ck Fear

Zoo season finale. I was hoping it would be the series finale as this year was very annoying to me.

It ended up in the air. The world in worse state than when it started with Jackson's crazy bitch of a sister taking the only baby left on earth.

I really doubt this show will be back for season 3, so I guess we'll never know what happens? Too bad.

Gotham was back! It was pretty cool. The Penguin always steals the show.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is anyone watching the new Star Trek? I haven't yet, but can I just say, who are these wankers?

Screen_Shot_2017_05_18_at_1.30.25_PM.png

Poor excuses for Klingons as you could find. Worf would behead them with his bat'leth

Forgot all about this show. I hate Sundays because the football games mess with the tv schedule.

I watched:

The Good Doctor

Valor

Halloween championship baking

The Walking Dead Robot Chicken special

Lucifer

The Gifted

Poldark