The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On 12/17/2018 at 5:35 PM, EvanG said:

I was reminded today of the 80's children's tv show Out Of This World and I hadn't thought of it in almost 30 years, so I googled it and immediately found the theme. Seeing it and hearing the song brought back so many memories. You gotta love youtube!

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that show, thanks for the reminder.  I had also forgotten, or maybe didn't know, that Burt Reynolds was involved with the show.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that show, thanks for the reminder.  I had also forgotten, or maybe didn't know, that Burt Reynolds was involved with the show.

I don’t even remember Burt Reynolds in it, just that me and my sister imitated that girl putting her fingers together to stop time. Sweet nostalgia.

30 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don’t even remember Burt Reynolds in it, just that me and my sister imitated that girl putting her fingers together to stop time. Sweet nostalgia.

Absolutely, lol. When I read your post I remembered the show then googled it.  Burt was the voice of the girl's extraterrestrial father, which I do vaguely recall.

• Like 1

Midnight Texas  The first season was based on the books by C. Harris who also did True Blood. This season was up to new writers. I was not liking which way the show was going and last night they killed off one of the regular characters. Next week is the season finale. I honestly think if this show doesn't do right by it's characters it won't be back for another season. I was shocked and annoyed.

Z Nation

Dynasty

Van Helsing

Some ID murder show

Dirty John

Thank goodness there's only two more episodes because I really hate this John character. This is based on a true story, so it makes me even angrier each time he does something so horrible. What a son of a bitch but in John's case, it was his low life father who fucked him up.

Crikey! It's the Irwins. I love this show. I smile the whole hour. I love their passion for these amazing animals and other wild life. Steve would be so proud of his wife and kids and all the other wonderful people who work and help out in this amazing zoo.

The Legend of Bruce Lee...its a chinese series of about 50 episodes all based on the life of Bruce Lee.  Its really quite good, enjoying it immensely.  There's some glaringly funny things in it though, in terms of like...little fuck ups.  For instance, there's lads wearing Justin Timberlake shirts and Celtic football tops from the 90s in some scenes when the shit is set in Bruces youth in the 1950s :lol:  And boxing posters of Muhammad Ali from the 70s on the walls of the gym :lol:  Its OK though, pretty good even, I enjoy it quite a lot, largely because of the kid they get to play Bruce Lee who sort of captures what one would imagine the lad was like.

As far as being historically accurate, thats a weird thing.  I have a theory about people like Bruce, James Dean etc.  Who they really were in inconsequential now, it really doesn't matter, what they really are is these things in our imaginations, these paradigms, these ideas that we've constructed to fill these gaps in our culture so its kinda silly to get too specific about the historical accuracy, especially about certain stuff that we don't and probably never will truly know.

Its interesting too in terms of like, how myths are constructed and how they evolve.  I mean I've been into Bruce Lee shit since my early teens, a good 20 years after the mans death...its now 45 years since his death and he was revered even back then but now its become this thing of like...the man was a God, totally invincible, superhuman.  Whatever the realities of his ability are its interesting to see the direction the mythology has taken in just under half a century.  Its an interesting yardstick with which to assess our relationship with other mythological cultural icons of yester-year.  It seems to me that the power lies as always with the audience.

Edited by Len Cnut

Watched two shows on ID. So sad about innocent people being murdered for no reason.

So many bastards in the world. My God! One was a mom with two little kids. She was killed over money she didn't even have on her.

I'm so glad all these horrible bastards get caught in the end. I still say give all the killers the death penalty. It costs too much money to keep these killers alive in jail.

America Says Love this game show.

Gotham Looks like the finale season will be it's best! The Dark Night will be coming to Gotham soon!

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Len Cnut said:

The Legend of Bruce Lee...its a chinese series of about 50 episodes all based on the life of Bruce Lee.  Its really quite good, enjoying it immensely.  There's some glaringly funny things in it though, in terms of like...little fuck ups.  For instance, there's lads wearing Justin Timberlake shirts and Celtic football tops from the 90s in some scenes when the shit is set in Bruces youth in the 1950s :lol:  And boxing posters of Muhammad Ali from the 70s on the walls of the gym :lol:  Its OK though, pretty good even, I enjoy it quite a lot, largely because of the kid they get to play Bruce Lee who sort of captures what one would imagine the lad was like.

As far as being historically accurate, thats a weird thing.  I have a theory about people like Bruce, James Dean etc.  Who they really were in inconsequential now, it really doesn't matter, what they really are is these things in our imaginations, these paradigms, these ideas that we've constructed to fill these gaps in our culture so its kinda silly to get too specific about the historical accuracy, especially about certain stuff that we don't and probably never will truly know.

Its interesting too in terms of like, how myths are constructed and how they evolve.  I mean I've been into Bruce Lee shit since my early teens, a good 20 years after the mans death...its now 45 years since his death and he was revered even back then but now its become this thing of like...the man was a God, totally invincible, superhuman.  Whatever the realities of his ability are its interesting to see the direction the mythology has taken in just under half a century.  Its an interesting yardstick with which to assess our relationship with other mythological cultural icons of yester-year.  It seems to me that the power lies as always with the audience.

Love anything Bruce Lee. My mom's a huge fan. She has magazines my poppy bought her when we lived in Brooklyn, He went to a store in Jamaica Queens and got her about 10 different magazines. Awesome pictures of Bruce's life from birth until death.

His legend will live on forever thanks to his daughter Shannon. I only wish Brandon was alive today. Such a shame and a great loss of both of them.

Yeah, James Dean was a great loss too. I still don't understand how he died. I heard two different versions. One was he lost control of the car and another was a two car crash. Either way it sucked. he did a commercial back in the 50's talking about be careful driving. He was quoted as saying "the life you save might be mine" How fucked up is it that he died in a car crash?

Natalie Wood died from drowning. She had a fear of water since she was a child. Sal Mineo who was also in the movie was killed in the 60's. It's such a shame 3 great talents died so horribly.

Sometimes life sucks.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
Remembered more to say.

On 26-12-2018 at 3:34 AM, Angelica said:

Kenny Vs Spenny on YouTube 🤣❤️   

24 hours later, still going 😳 

That show is brilliant. At the end it became so ridiculous, but still funny.

Edited by EvanG

Watched:

Gotham

Brooklyn 99

The Good Place

Dead Silence

A long dark night or something like that. Two ID shows. Both very sad. How people can just kill other people and not be sorry is so upsetting to me.

Glad they got caught, but their victims are never coming back. So damn sad.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, EvanG said:

I've watched a couple of episodes of The Conners. It's pretty hit or miss, and again DJ has no storyline, just like the last season of Roseanne.

I agree about DJ. Although you did see him last week.

Roseanne is mentioned a lot, but I still feel her presence is so missed. The character of Jackie saves this show. She's a hoot! and really steals the show all the time.

14 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm currently watching 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'.

It's got some funny moments.

I'm on season 9 right now. I did catch season 13 on FXX last fall, and I have to say, it was a really strong season. The final episode doesn't play it for laughs at all, though, and it's surprisingly effective.

4 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'm on season 9 right now. I did catch season 13 on FXX last fall, and I have to say, it was a really strong season. The final episode doesn't play it for laughs at all, though, and it's surprisingly effective.

I'm starting season 6 tonight. Danny Devito is hilarious on this show!