The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I was 10 years old when Chernobyl happened and so I've always been very much aware of it. But of course I couldn't grasp how many people were involved in trying to clean up the mess. That's the thing that struck me the most. I mean, I have seen docs about the ghost towns and Pripyat and what more, but the people working there. How unimaginable it is to know you'll die a horrible death, but you've no choice. You have to go in, trying to save the world, as it were.

And, yes, the killing off of the animals, another thing I've never even thought about.

They're catching the atmosphere brilliantly here, so depressing. I've never been to the Soviet Union, but travelled to the Eastern Bloc more than once in the 80s. To this day, I don't think I've experienced any other place that is so depressing. I did LOL at the joke about the Soviet apple cutting machine. It's true, everything they made was such utter crap :lol: You weren't allowed to cross the border with money in those days, so at the border, we were instructed to go back and spend all the money we still had. It seemed like a dream come true for us kids. Until we got to the stores and saw NOTHING that was remotely appealing to us. (Sorry for this personal off topic anecdote.)

I also enjoy seeing Stellan and Emily Watson next to each other again. Breaking the Waves is one of my all time favourite films.

I'll try to find time to listen to the podcast too. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

best Bakers in America

Wedding Cakes championship Love Johnnie Weir!

Big Little Lies I really can't stand Merile Streep. Her character is also nuts! She pretends that her son was this perfect son meanwhile he was an abuser and a rapist! I hope someone puts her in her place!

I have a feeling one of the women will be going to jail by the end of this season, which is the last season.

I'm 8 episodes into the first season of The Sopranos and I'm hooked.

I can't believe I've waited so long to finally watch it. I've been told to watch it by so many over the last 12 or so years but I can see why it is sighted as one of the best series ever.

Fear the Walking Dead - Dwight came on last night!

Big Little Lies

Claws

Hammer mystery shows. A local channel has been showing this British series. I think it's either from the 70's or 80's, but they are good.

NOOS4O2

16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Watched Breaking the Band Motley Crue and Guns N Roses....I remember there was a thread about it but I can't find it! Anyways....it was fun and entertaining and love that Gilby was on it. He is such a cool guy. :heart:

I think I might have seen these shows when they first aired on another channel. I remember Sebastian Bach talking about Axl. 

Are these old shows or new? I don't have the Reelz channel. For some reason, my cable company dropped it.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think I might have seen these shows when they first aired on another channel. I remember Sebastian Bach talking about Axl. 

Are these old shows or new? I don't have the Reelz channel. For some reason, my cable company dropped it.

Nope this one was brand new, so was Motley Crue's. Premiered last night....showed clips from the 2016 show and had Gilby and Marc Canter and Alan Niven on it.

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Nope this one was brand new, so was Motley Crue's. Premiered last night....showed clips from the 2016 show and had Gilby and Marc Canter and Alan Niven on it.

Okay, I think one of my friends has this channel. When is the GNR one going to air or was it on?

Anyone besides Gilby from GNR?

Was anyone from MC on the show?

39 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, I think one of my friends has this channel. When is the GNR one going to air or was it on?

Anyone besides Gilby from GNR?

Was anyone from MC on the show?

It aired last night. Gilby was the only one from Guns in the episode.

No one from MC was on but they showed tons of clips of them.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, marlingrl03 said:

It aired last night. Gilby was the only one from Guns in the episode.

No one from MC was on but they showed tons of clips of them.

Cool! thanks.

I watched:

best Baker

Wedding Cakes

Tempting Fate another lifetime movie

For anyone who watched the tv series "Happy", sadly it's been cancelled. I think this show may have gone a little too far this season. lol But I really loved Happy so much!

Derek (every episode).

It is quite a tender drama unlike the Office/Extras. Derek moves even further away from comedy into drama with some genuine actory performances than those earlier shows. Like The Office, it is rather a commentary on an aspect of modern Britain also, this time care homes and old age. Gervais is interested in areas of Britain nobody else bothers with, offices in places like Slough, care homes; equally he is interested in the sort of characters nobody else is interested in. I'm also glad it has a more upbeat ending than the shite they threw at poor Brent towards the end of The Office and throughout that film, which on reflection was rather creaky come to think of it.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Best Baker in America

Wedding cake championship

Grand Hotel

Ink Master

Animal Kingdom

Diabolical

Chrisley Knows Best

The Radknes

On 6/25/2019 at 4:58 AM, F*ck Fear said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (season 12).

I had never even heard of this show until recently. Since then I've watched them all.

This show is nuts! Love it! Everyone on this show is so damn funny and the stories are just plain crazy!

It will be back soon on FX. Can't wait!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Best Baker in America

Wedding cake championship

Grand Hotel

Ink Master

Animal Kingdom

Diabolical

Chrisley Knows Best

The Radknes

This show is nuts! Love it! Everyone on this show is so damn funny and the stories are just plain crazy!

It will be back soon on FX. Can't wait!

I'm sure it will be hilarious.

Dennis, Charlie and Frank kill me.

The Killer Beside Me

Press your luck

Card Sharks

Match Game

Seinfeld

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm sure it will be hilarious.

Dennis, Charlie and Frank kill me.

I love Dennis. His sense of humor just cracks me up because he's so serious when he tells you stuff.

Frank is totally crazy. Poor Dee usually gets all the shit thrown at her. Yeah, Charlie is funny. Especially when he goes on one of his ranks. Poor Mac gets it too. I loved when he finally realized he was gay. Did you see the episodes with his bike? OMG!

• Like 1

Friday Night Lights.

I know, I know, it’s BELOVED but having zero interest in any kind of sportzball, I resisted for over a decade. As it turns out, I can admit when I’m wrong because it is truly something special.