The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, she's an amazing doctor. I like to watch gross things sometimes. usually those skin problems are benign which is good for the patients. If she's not sure what it is, she will recommend you to another doctor. 

There was a man who had a lump on his finger for over 10 years. He needed a surgeon to remove it. Dr. lee watched the whole surgery. The man's lump was removed and he has full motion in his finger. He was so happy. The lump weighed a lot.

I just don't understand why people wait so long to have these lumps looked at when it's an easy surgery she does in the office. I would never let a lump get so big that it ruined your way of life and weighed a ton! lol

Its cool to watch an expert work their craft. Id still go with a 'not gross' craft though, lol. You would have liked to see a procedure I had done once. And actually I went to the Dr as soon as I saw the lump in my hand. But they said it was nothing so removing it would be the greater risk then leaving it. It got bigger and started to hurt almost nonstop. So I went back and they used a large syringe type instrument, stuck it into my hand and ended up removing this large brown mass. Was like hardened ear wax!! Hand felt better instantly.

I know I love watching cooking shows and baking shows. My mom is a good cook, but the things these amazing cooks can do is just so great. Did you see the Master Chef season when the blind woman was cooking? She won. She was amazing. She had a woman who helped her find things, but she did all the cooking. Even Gordon would ask her are you sure you are totally blind? It was just so amazing to watch her cook and go around the little work space.

I also love when sometimes the chefs will give a hand to the cooks who lose. Sometimes they give them jobs in one of their restaurants or help them go to school to become better.

They all give back and I love that about them. Gordon is so successful, so it's nice when he helps out others who are less fortunate.

Food tv has got to be my favourite. Ive been learning to cook based on Master Chef and GGG. Im not all that great but its so fun to learn this way! Yeah that blind woman!!! I did watch that season and she was absolutely incredible. What an inspiration.

Ive seen all the judges giving back, but yeah Gordon the most. On one of the Hell shows Gordon ended up paying for a dishwashers culinary schooling.

Yeah, I think she is the military woman. I know she is very good at plating her food. lol I just commend all the cooks for having the courage to pursue their dreams.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that youre right, the military women will at least be in the finals if not win. Rene and Dorian are too easily flustered so I think they will be gone soon. Some people are flying under the radar like the youngest guy Micah, Bri and one or two other young men. The fishermen is a wild card for me. He fell hard on the lobster cook and is a bit older then the average winner, but he can cook too! Poor Subah always getting yelled at by everyone! lol, but then the judges love his flavours. Everyone of them are really courageous and gifted. Season 10 is so much more challenging too!

8 hours ago, soon said:

Its cool to watch an expert work their craft. Id still go with a 'not gross' craft though, lol. You would have liked to see a procedure I had done once. And actually I went to the Dr as soon as I saw the lump in my hand. But they said it was nothing so removing it would be the greater risk then leaving it. It got bigger and started to hurt almost nonstop. So I went back and they used a large syringe type instrument, stuck it into my hand and ended up removing this large brown mass. Was like hardened ear wax!! Hand felt better instantly.

Food tv has got to be my favourite. Ive been learning to cook based on Master Chef and GGG. Im not all that great but its so fun to learn this way! Yeah that blind woman!!! I did watch that season and she was absolutely incredible. What an inspiration.

Ive seen all the judges giving back, but yeah Gordon the most. On one of the Hell shows Gordon ended up paying for a dishwashers culinary schooling.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that youre right, the military women will at least be in the finals if not win. Rene and Dorian are too easily flustered so I think they will be gone soon. Some people are flying under the radar like the youngest guy Micah, Bri and one or two other young men. The fishermen is a wild card for me. He fell hard on the lobster cook and is a bit older then the average winner, but he can cook too! Poor Subah always getting yelled at by everyone! lol, but then the judges love his flavours. Everyone of them are really courageous and gifted. Season 10 is so much more challenging too!

Well, I can understand them getting flustered. I mean I would especially when you have to cook in a short amount of time. 

Even on other cooking shows where they are professional cooks and chefs it's hard for them to come up with a dish and finish it in a short amount of time too. That's why I stopped watching Chopped. It was too hectic for me and most of the time I felt they picked the wrong chef. lol

I love watching cooking and of course baking shows. The cupcake championship is on today. My God what these bakers do with cupcakes is freaking amazing.

I also love the Holiday baking shows too. They start in the fall for Halloween and then Xmas. Love it!

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I can understand them getting flustered. I mean I would especially when you have to cook in a short amount of time. 

Even on other cooking shows where they are professional cooks and chefs it's hard for them to come up with a dish and finish it in a short amount of time too. That's why I stopped watching Chopped. It was too hectic for me and most of the time I felt they picked the wrong chef. lol

I love watching cooking and of course baking shows. The cupcake championship is on today. My God what these bakers do with cupcakes is freaking amazing.

I also love the Holiday baking shows too. They start in the fall for Halloween and then Xmas. Love it!

Yeah, I would freak out if I was on one of those shows. They take on a lot of pressure and new challenges. I like to be relaxed while cooking.

Haha, especially Chopped. If you give me penny candy, lamb, green tea and gelato Id have zero ideas on how to turn that into an appetizer! :lol: Its wild how their minds work. The only competition shows I dont really like is the "late night/ when your drunk" food ones. Its cool at first to see someone put mac and cheese on a cheeseburger on garlic toast and then deep fry the entire thing in coconut batter... but like, I dont feel tempted to eat that.

Ill look forward to the Holiday Baking shows. Not watching any baking currently (other then YT bread makers). I dont really have much of a sweet tooth but I grow berries and need to know what to do with all of them!

23 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, I would freak out if I was on one of those shows. They take on a lot of pressure and new challenges. I like to be relaxed while cooking.

Haha, especially Chopped. If you give me penny candy, lamb, green tea and gelato Id have zero ideas on how to turn that into an appetizer! :lol: Its wild how their minds work. The only competition shows I dont really like is the "late night/ when your drunk" food ones. Its cool at first to see someone put mac and cheese on a cheeseburger on garlic toast and then deep fry the entire thing in coconut batter... but like, I dont feel tempted to eat that.

Ill look forward to the Holiday Baking shows. Not watching any baking currently (other then YT bread makers). I dont really have much of a sweet tooth but I grow berries and need to know what to do with all of them!

I was watching the Cupcake Challenge, but they must have cancelled it. it wasn't on last night.

Yeah, Chopped is crazy. I used to watch it but then stopped. Now they have the Jr. version. I don't want to watch a bunch of kids who can cook better than me. lol

I used to watch Cake Boss with Buddy. That was a cool show. his whole family works in the bakeries and since I'm Italian American like he is, it was funny to see how his family was like mine except for owning a world class bakery. lol

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I was watching the Cupcake Challenge, but they must have cancelled it. it wasn't on last night.

Yeah, Chopped is crazy. I used to watch it but then stopped. Now they have the Jr. version. I don't want to watch a bunch of kids who can cook better than me. lol

I used to watch Cake Boss with Buddy. That was a cool show. his whole family works in the bakeries and since I'm Italian American like he is, it was funny to see how his family was like mine except for owning a world class bakery. lol

That sucks to have a show youre watching get cancelled :( 

I know, the kids are so much better then me too! Up on their stools, using adult sized equipment with food processors as big as their bodies, haha. And still they kick my ass!

Is Buddy on Spring Baking Challenge too? I think thats where I've seen him the most. And a show about donuts, maybe? He's really cool. Haha, just like your family minus the whole world class bakery :lol:

There arent a lot of shows popping up on food network canada lately. Ive only been watching Food Truck Road Race which is about to end. Then what will I do? :lol: Having a food truck would be cool.

Animal Kingdom

Web of Lies  Can't believe this woman was so damn stupid and trusting of someone she talked to online and never met.

Christley Knows best

A comedy show

Ink Master

America Says This is a very good game show on the Game show channel. It's on Monday through Friday at 8 central time.

7 hours ago, soon said:

I know, the kids are so much better then me too! Up on their stools, using adult sized equipment with food processors as big as their bodies, haha. And still they kick my ass!

Is Buddy on Spring Baking Challenge too? I think thats where I've seen him the most. And a show about donuts, maybe? He's really cool. Haha, just like your family minus the whole world class bakery :lol:

There arent a lot of shows popping up on food network canada lately. Ive only been watching Food Truck Road Race which is about to end. Then what will I do? :lol: Having a food truck would be cool.

Buddy has been on tons of baking shows. 

He and Duff who's an amazing baker too, did a show where they went up against each other with baking. It was pretty cool.

He also did a show about Baker Faker. There would be 4 bakers and maybe one or more wouldn't be a real baker and you had to guess.

I'm hoping Cake Boss comes back. I love that show too.

I think Buddy was recently on this new show called Food Fight, but I didn't want it.

Duff is always on as a judge for one baking show or another. lol I love him.

Duff and Valerie Bertenelli also host the Kids' baking championship show. They are so cute together.

I love how Duff digs into all those desserts. lol He's so cute

7 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, food trucks seem to be the latest thing.

There is a neighborhood in Dallas where all the food trucks go and people can hang out and eat from all of them.

A few times if I've gone to a bar, there would be a food truck outside. As long as it looks clean I will eat it. If not, no way! lol

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

He and Duff who's an amazing baker too, did a show where they went up against each other with baking. It was pretty cool.

He also did a show about Baker Faker. There would be 4 bakers and maybe one or more wouldn't be a real baker and you had to guess.

I think Buddy was recently on this new show called Food Fight, but I didn't want it.

Oh right, gotcha, I was thinking of Duff. We dont get all the same shows from the food network here, which sucks. Ill have to see if we get any of the shows with Buddy! I dont think we've got Baker Faker of Food Fight? But yeah, Cake Boss is great!

I used to be intimidated when it came to baking, but thanks to the internet I have done some pies, buns, pizza, cookies, one cheese cake and crackers!

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Duff and Valerie Bertenelli also host the Kids' baking championship show. They are so cute together.

I watched the most recent Kids Baking Championship! So fun. Again, how do these kiddos do it?!

They really are a great hosting pair. Thats the kind of people I would want mentoring my kids (if I had any, lol).

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about when Duff takes a bit :lol:

On the adult Spring Baking Challenge Duff is the only judge I can even relate too - those other two are so snooty and cut throat, lol

Now Im on a mission to discover Buddy!!

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

There is a neighborhood in Dallas where all the food trucks go and people can hang out and eat from all of them.

A few times if I've gone to a bar, there would be a food truck outside. As long as it looks clean I will eat it. If not, no way! lol

Good point, I have to admit I never really thought about watching out for the trucks cleanliness :nervous:

Where I live in Ottawa we have the new style of food trucks with unique and rare dishes and we also have food trucks that serve poutine, hot dogs and cheeseburgers only. Nothing fancy or hip. Theres just so many government buildings that are older and dont have like built in cafes and such. So food trucks is one way that people in these office parks can get some food without traveling by car. I love our food truck scene.

I love when they all park in the same space - usually the newer ones do that here. So fun! Theres also one office park with 2 food trucks right next to each other with the exact same 'classic menus.' I went with a pal to eat both of their donairs (a north-americanized shwarma wrap with sweet sauce invented in Halifax, Nova Scotia) and both their poutines to rate them on his socials :lol: 

14 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Food trucks are pretty popular up here. Sometimes one will be parked in a cafe parking lot while other times there will be like a farmer's market and then there are multiple food trucks. Anything from waffles to Filipino food! 

I love the diversity of foods too! Some stuff Id never be able to try otherwise - or even know about. I get into trouble at the farmers market when the trucks are out - I blow my grocery budget on British Pastys and Spicy Indian lentil curries :lol: Just recently I tried a 'syrian pizza' from a truck that was soooooo good :drool:

• Like 1

Mis and Mrs.

Press your luck

Card Sharks

The wonderland murders

The match game

Guy's grocery games

The in between

I agree food trucks make some damn good foods. I love trying different foods as long as it's not bugs lol

There are so many different food trucks all over now. I commend these people for getting out there and letting people see how many different kinds of foods there are in the world.

6 hours ago, soon said:

Good point, I have to admit I never really thought about watching out for the trucks cleanliness :nervous:

Where I live in Ottawa we have the new style of food trucks with unique and rare dishes and we also have food trucks that serve poutine, hot dogs and cheeseburgers only. Nothing fancy or hip. Theres just so many government buildings that are older and dont have like built in cafes and such. So food trucks is one way that people in these office parks can get some food without traveling by car. I love our food truck scene.

I love when they all park in the same space - usually the newer ones do that here. So fun! Theres also one office park with 2 food trucks right next to each other with the exact same 'classic menus.' I went with a pal to eat both of their donairs (a north-americanized shwarma wrap with sweet sauce invented in Halifax, Nova Scotia) and both their poutines to rate them on his socials :lol: 

I love the diversity of foods too! Some stuff Id never be able to try otherwise - or even know about. I get into trouble at the farmers market when the trucks are out - I blow my grocery budget on British Pastys and Spicy Indian lentil curries :lol: Just recently I tried a 'syrian pizza' from a truck that was soooooo good :drool:

Yeah, the food trucks seem to be the lastest thing around Dallas and it seems everywhere else.

It's good to taste and see different foods. It can open your mind and body to amazing tastes and styles of food.

In a couple of weeks, the food channel will again have the Kids baking championship with Duff and Valerie. Can't wait. Some of these kids are freaking amazing and I love desserts!

On 7/24/2019 at 1:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Animal Kingdom

Web of Lies  Can't believe this woman was so damn stupid and trusting of someone she talked to online and never met.

Christley Knows best

A comedy show

Ink Master

America Says This is a very good game show on the Game show channel. It's on Monday through Friday at 8 central time.

I had no idea Duff was on these shows, very cool.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, the food trucks seem to be the lastest thing around Dallas and it seems everywhere else.

It's good to taste and see different foods. It can open your mind and body to amazing tastes and styles of food.

In a couple of weeks, the food channel will again have the Kids baking championship with Duff and Valerie. Can't wait. Some of these kids are freaking amazing and I love desserts!

I have a love affair with Dosa thanks to a food truck. Never would have known about Dosa otherwise. Its an Indian dish with a thin crepe type flat bread with a variety of fillings/dips. They were so successful that they got a restaurant and now theres no more truck. To bad for me, great for them!

Yay kids baking championships! I see you list GGG but its no longer popping up on the canadian site. I miss it!! Watching more Bon Appetite Test Kitchen on YT as a result, lol.

Hanging with the Hendersons

American Says

Shadow of Murder

the Unexplained

On 7/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, lame ass security said:

Just to clarify, we are talking about Duff Mckagan?

Of course! He's the only Duff I care about! lol

Tonight on Sammy Hagar's show 7 central time. Set your dvr!

On 7/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, soon said:

I have a love affair with Dosa thanks to a food truck. Never would have known about Dosa otherwise. Its an Indian dish with a thin crepe type flat bread with a variety of fillings/dips. They were so successful that they got a restaurant and now theres no more truck. To bad for me, great for them!

Yay kids baking championships! I see you list GGG but its no longer popping up on the canadian site. I miss it!! Watching more Bon Appetite Test Kitchen on YT as a result, lol.

Sounds yummy. I have never had Indian. I would love to try some. I know there are tons of Indian restaurants here in the Dallas area. Must go. I love trying new foods. I love to eat! :)

• Like 1

Bizarre ER

The Grand Hotel

4 Seinfelds: The Hot Tub, The secret code and The engagement

America Says

Nothing but Trailers

The Duff interview with Sammy Hagar was okay.

He asked Duff about how he almost died and what happened after that. I was like Sammy didn't you read Duff's book?

They did talk about how Axl has inspired Duff to be a better singer and Sammy mentioned how amazing Axl's voice is and the range he has.

Other than that just about his band and touring and they did a new Duff song together.

I finished The Sopranos. Best series I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe I waited so long to finally watch it!  The build up to the last episode was intense and made for fantastic television. I’ve spent the past hour reading people’s theories on the ending and whether or not Tony was killed😂

On 7/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Bizarre ER

The Grand Hotel

4 Seinfelds: The Hot Tub, The secret code and The engagement

America Says

Nothing but Trailers

The Duff interview with Sammy Hagar was okay.

He asked Duff about how he almost died and what happened after that. I was like Sammy didn't you read Duff's book?

They did talk about how Axl has inspired Duff to be a better singer and Sammy mentioned how amazing Axl's voice is and the range he has.

Other than that just about his band and touring and they did a new Duff song together.

That's a funny thing about Sammy and these interviews, he usually has no idea about their backstory. Which is good in a way because I think it makes it more authentic.   You could tell Sammy was moved by Duff's story. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, soon said:

What on earth is Dr. Pimple Popper?? :lol:

A woman who cuts all kinds of growths off of people. Its strangely popular.

I always wonder why some of these people went so long with these growths - allot of them are friggin huge.

• Thanks 1

Reef Break

Seinfeld

Million Dollar listing NYC. Luis is back! So happy! I love this guy! Love all of them. From what I've seen there will be a new realtor who s going to be a real pain in everyone's asses. lol This show always has to have a bad guy. I can't believe Frederick and Derek's twins are one! So damn cute!

Ryan and his wife are having their first baby. Steve finally got a g/f, but she lives in the UK. 

Guy's Grocery Games The kids edition. The kid who won was awesome!~