The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

18 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

A woman who cuts all kinds of growths off of people. Its strangely popular.

I always wonder why some of these people went so long with these growths - allot of them are friggin huge.

Yeah, what the hell is there problem that they wait until the growth is very HUGE. lol I often wonder if Dr. Lee does the surgery for free if they agree to tell their stories on tv and have her do them on tv? I'm sure it's very expensive. Some of these patients, don't have insurance either, but they do travel to LA from wherever they come from. I just love her. She's so sweet and such a great surgeon.

My mom has a small bump on her head and her doctor looked at it. He said as long as it's small and doesn't get infected and doesn't keep growing, it'll be okay. She didn't wait until it was the size of a small baseball. lol Some of the lumps weigh over 2 pounds or more. Dr. Lee always weighs the dead skin cells once she removes them.

Not sure if we usually discuss online tv shows here? There’s so many that it’s less likely any of us watches the same stuff, but mAybe? on YouTube I’ve been watching 

Cut - mostly ‘lineup’ ‘strangers guess’ and ‘common ground’ (not my choice! Lol)

Jolly - any episode with father chris 

passing through - best web series ever!!

hot ones

ba test kitchen - mostly molly makes and gourmet makes 

roast masters nyc or any other roast battles

mad blender

The Laura Flanders show 

but YouTube’s not been the same since Laura southern left :lol:

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Master Chef

I havent seen last nights elimination challenge yet, but looks like I was correct about one of last weeks exiting cooks. And i still feel so bad for Subah in team challenges like the Nascar one.

A number of my favourites are up for elimination. I cant believe they made Micah pick someone from his winning team too?!?!? Noah's attitude is wearing me out. I wouldnt miss him.

Elementary

Reef Break

Primal Instinct

Fear they neighbor

15 hours ago, LethalVelvetKraken said:

Every so often I'll catch a couple of Seinfeld reruns on weeknights. Fun way to pass the time

Seinfeld is on most nights here and I either dvr them or watch them. They never get old for me and my family. There is always a situation where we quote something from the show.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, soon said:

I havent seen last nights elimination challenge yet, but looks like I was correct about one of last weeks exiting cooks. And i still feel so bad for Subah in team challenges like the Nascar one.

A number of my favourites are up for elimination. I cant believe they made Micah pick someone from his winning team too?!?!? Noah's attitude is wearing me out. I wouldnt miss him.

I felt bad for who left. They have some very nice contestants this season. I have a few cooks I really would like to see win, but they all seem to be getting along and support one another and that's cool.

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I felt bad for who left. They have some very nice contestants this season. I have a few cooks I really would like to see win, but they all seem to be getting along and support one another and that's cool.

Yeah, I watched in now. That was a tough one. He's great. And it came down to him or his show bestie too. I really like Bri though, so Im happy in that way. Like he said though, he already won time with Susur Lee, and is getting some time with Christina (that baker, lol) and his idol gave him top praises - not a bad go of it!! 

It really is cool to see them all get along and be supportive. Although, I thought Micah sending Subha to the elimination was kinda rude. And Subah came through yet again!! :headbang:

Hanging with the Hendersons. Yeah, I don't know why they had to send Subha when he was on the winning team. Sometimes I think the judges want to start trouble between the cooks.

I think Joe has gotten better as a judge. In the beginning seasons he was just plain rude sometimes. These days it seems he likes the food that Gordon and Aron doesn't like.

Anyway, I do commend all the cooks for doing this show. I'm sure it's very stressful. I wonder how they sleep at night and where? Are they in a hotel? They never show that.

On Hell's kitchen there would be rooms above the restaurant. I guess they stay somewhere in between cooking shows.

I think Joe is maybe also doing some personal growth on his interacting with people of other races. I remember a time a few years ago when Southern collard greens and fried tomatoes would send many contestants home - but in the last few years Joe has backed those cuisines and their cooks. Whether he's just being kinder to everyone or whatever, its been cool to witness.

Thats true, where do they sleep? On Top Chef they show them in their shared mansion. But not on Master Chef. I'd be a ball of nerves if I were on there!

4 hours ago, soon said:

I think Joe is maybe also doing some personal growth on his interacting with people of other races. I remember a time a few years ago when Southern collard greens and fried tomatoes would send many contestants home - but in the last few years Joe has backed those cuisines and their cooks. Whether he's just being kinder to everyone or whatever, its been cool to witness.

Thats true, where do they sleep? On Top Chef they show them in their shared mansion. But not on Master Chef. I'd be a ball of nerves if I were on there!

I guess they must stay somewhere close. Hopefully the show pays for it!

Yeah, Joe has been better since he's come back. He took some years off and they had the dessert chef. She was hard on some cooks too. I know they want the best cooks, but this is a stressful condition they are all in. It's the same with Ink Master. You have to do some difficult tattoos in a short amount of time when it would normally take days or weeks to finish an amazing tattoo. I guess they should all realize when they sign up, it's going to be very hard. 

I watched:

Claws  Season finale

Fear the Walking Dead

preacher

Evil Lives Here

The Talking Dead with a preview of Season 10 of the Walking Dead. Maggie is mentioned and this is Michonne's last year too.

Seinfeld

15 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess they must stay somewhere close. Hopefully the show pays for it!

Yeah, Joe has been better since he's come back. He took some years off and they had the dessert chef. She was hard on some cooks too. I know they want the best cooks, but this is a stressful condition they are all in. It's the same with Ink Master. You have to do some difficult tattoos in a short amount of time when it would normally take days or weeks to finish an amazing tattoo. I guess they should all realize when they sign up, it's going to be very hard. 

Can you imagine if they all have to set up there own Air BnBs? I bet they get a hotel.

Oh, thanks for filling em in about Joe taking a break. i know that dessert chef was there but I didnt know why. He seems way happier and lighter on his feet. Almost beaming with joy at times. I cant imagine the stress - they film episodes every day I think? I predict that Micah goes this week due to karma.

I'm following too many series at the moment, it's hard keeping up with all of them. Although most of them are in between seasons, so I'm not currently watching them.

Homeland

Better Call Saul

The Walking Dead

Stranger Things

You

Modern Family

Baskets

Young Sheldon

The Conners

Master Chef - can’t say I’m all that surprised about who went home. Bri needs to stop crying! I just like normal plates of food so the guest judge and challenge weren’t my cup of tea.

Jubilee (YT) Common Ground

Fallon hashtags

mad bender (yt)

Chopped

On 8/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, soon said:

Master Chef - can’t say I’m all that surprised about who went home. Bri needs to stop crying! I just like normal plates of food so the guest judge and challenge weren’t my cup of tea.

Jubilee (YT) Common Ground

Fallon hashtags

mad bender (yt)

Chopped

lol I agree about Bri crying. I feel bad for her because everytime she thinks she does well, she doesn't.

Honestly, after the first show the judges should have let the top 3 go upstairs. I mean Bri did so well, yet she had to do that challenge again.

I felt bad for the guy who left because he did so well. I think Subha should have gone. He's all over the place and his dish was horrible looking and tasting. I don't know why he stayed.

Guess we'll find out soon enough who will be the next master chef.

I used to watch Chopped, but I felt those judges picked the wrong cooks all the time. lol They would tell the person how horrible their dish was and then they would win? What?

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol I agree about Bri crying. I feel bad for her because everytime she thinks she does well, she doesn't.

Honestly, after the first show the judges should have let the top 3 go upstairs. I mean Bri did so well, yet she had to do that challenge again.

haha, maybe they just dont show everyone else crying too? And it aint just like a single tear drop! lol

She is really talented. I think she could be in the finals.

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I felt bad for the guy who left because he did so well. I think Subha should have gone. He's all over the place and his dish was horrible looking and tasting. I don't know why he stayed.

Yeah, though I never expected him to win the show, it was too sad to see him go. The military ladies creative plating/ guest judge challenge was horrible! lol. What did they call it a "a corpse" i think? :lol: Still think she'll be in finals though.

Subhas days are numbered for sure. I think Shari will make the finals too.

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I used to watch Chopped, but I felt those judges picked the wrong cooks all the time. lol They would tell the person how horrible their dish was and then they would win? What?

haha! Well said! Its not my first choice of a show either. The judging is so odd. And they always just want every dish to be "salt, fat, herbs, acid, umami, with a bit of heat" No matter that the box ingredients are dehydrated monkey ears, a cowboy boot and fermented pineapples :lol:

Fear the Walking Dead

Preacher

Evil lives here

Kids cupcake championship

The Terror

Grand Hotel

I have to say I totally love the new EMU commercials with Doug! Love them! They make me smile!:lol:

On 8/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, soon said:

haha, maybe they just dont show everyone else crying too? And it aint just like a single tear drop! lol

She is really talented. I think she could be in the finals.

Yeah, though I never expected him to win the show, it was too sad to see him go. The military ladies creative plating/ guest judge challenge was horrible! lol. What did they call it a "a corpse" i think? :lol: Still think she'll be in finals though.

Subhas days are numbered for sure. I think Shari will make the finals too.

haha! Well said! Its not my first choice of a show either. The judging is so odd. And they always just want every dish to be "salt, fat, herbs, acid, umami, with a bit of heat" No matter that the box ingredients are dehydrated monkey ears, a cowboy boot and fermented pineapples :lol:

I know. I did watch Chopped when Martha Stewart was a judge. I like her.

I do love Cake Boss with Buddy V the best. He's from New Jersey and Sicilian decent like I am. I'm from Brooklyn, but sound exactly like Buddy and his family. Reminds me of when my whole family was together for Sunday dinner. I so miss it!

Well, I do like Dorian and Micah the young kid. They seem so cool and are great cooks.

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Fear the Walking Dead

Preacher

Evil lives here

Kids cupcake championship

The Terror

Grand Hotel

I have to say I totally love the new EMU commercials with Doug! Love them! They make me smile!:lol:

I know. I did watch Chopped when Martha Stewart was a judge. I like her.

I do love Cake Boss with Buddy V the best. He's from New Jersey and Sicilian decent like I am. I'm from Brooklyn, but sound exactly like Buddy and his family. Reminds me of when my whole family was together for Sunday dinner. I so miss it!

Well, I do like Dorian and Micah the young kid. They seem so cool and are great cooks.

Love the Limu the Emu ads too, and Doug.  Every time one comes on I get my dog going by saying "uh oh, who is it, it's Limu the Emu".😄