The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Dr. Pimple Popper Wow! Dr. Lee popped a huge lypoma that weighted over 9 pounds that a man had on his right shoulder.

My feet are killing me Gross but I love it!

Supernatural

Superstore

Will and Grace

Dead of Winter

Evil  This show is awesome and it keeps you on your toes every week. The ending was weird and I'm not sure what's real and what isn't! Love it!

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just starting the second episode myself. It's very good so far. 

Love this show. Didn't read the SK book, but I'm very impressed with this show. I have a few theories, but who knows? it's King so he can go any way he wants to.

All I know is it keeps me thinking and I love shows like this! Glad it's on HBO. The murder scene was brutal.

Evil lives here

The Outcast We got a clue as to what it might be and let me tell you, it freaked me out!

Avenue 5  New HBO show. So damn funny.

Some of the grammys  It was very sad due to Kobe's death and his daughter and the other passengers that died, but the tributes were cool. Saw Usher do a tribute to Prince. That was awesome.

Glad Lizzo won. She's super cool and very talented.

6 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

@RussTCB is Castle Rock season 2 good (in your opinion of course)? I wasnt crazy about the first episode.

I meant to respond when you mentioned starting season 2: season 1 was much better. 

The  major problem with season 2 is that Lizzy Caplan is the only person trying. She acts her ass off, then everyone else including Tim Robbins is just bad. 

The storyline is solid but slow. I'm certain that a lot of the slow-ness is set ups to pay off in season 3, so I did finish it. However, the bad acting piled on top of the slow pace, makes it a hard watch. 

On 1/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, Coma16 said:

Just watched the first episode of The Outsider. Very impressed!

Was it good? I heard it's very "liberal".

Okay, remember the episode where the black prisoner was in his jail cell and cut a knife like thing out of his leg and put it in a book?  I thought he would use it for self defense, but then he used his glass lense. Do you think this knife is going to be important in finding or maybe killing that thing?  If not, why did they make it a point of showing that whole thing?

Just curious as to what you think?

And how would any of the other characters find this book and the knife?

Fortunate Son. US Vietnam war draft dodgers sneak into Canada and are pursued by a ruthless CIA operation. So good! CBC has been killing it lately!! Its distributed by NBCUniversal outside of Canada.

Hot Ones. Im not sure if Im finally, after 100 seasons, loosing interest in watching people eat wings or if Im just not terribly interested in the first two guests...

I am re-watching Star Trek: Voyager (season one) for the first time since it originally aired. Feels largely like a poor man's Next Gen. Some ropey episodes in season one and more surprisingly for the sets and costumes look cheaper than I remember, the spares from a dodgy season five Next Gen episode featuring humans with an easily applied ridges on the head (who you'll never see again in Trek). All reset button endings and the same matte painting used for different alien landscapes! It still feels like Trek though, and does pick up towards the middle-end. The pilot is good; I remember wetting the bed when I first saw it when I was a 15 year old Trek nerd. I wouldn't kick Janeway out of bed also.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I am re-watching Star Trek: Voyager (season one) for the first time since it originally aired. Feels largely like a poor man's Next Gen. Some ropey episodes in season one and more surprisingly for the sets and costumes look cheaper than I remember, the spares from a dodgy season five Next Gen episode featuring humans with an easily applied ridges on the head (who you'll never see again in Trek). All reset button endings and the same matte painting used for different alien landscapes! It still feels like Trek though, and does pick up towards the middle-end. The pilot is good; I remember wetting the bed when I first saw it when I was a 15 year old Trek nerd. I wouldn't kick Janeway out of bed also.

Are you a Star Trek TOS fan?

15 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Are you a Star Trek TOS fan?

Indeed, especially the first two seasons. TOS/TNG/DS9 were exceptional: that is top grade Trek. Voyager and Enterprise were weaker, but still alright. And Discovery I have been unable to enjoy thus far. I am enjoying Picard so far but much of this is to do with Patrick Stewart I feel. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Indeed, especially the first two seasons. TOS/TNG/DS9 were exceptional: that is top grade Trek. Voyager and Enterprise were weaker, but still alright. And Discovery I have been unable to enjoy thus far. I am enjoying Picard so far but much of this is to do with Patrick Stewart I feel. 

Cool. I never really got into anything except for the original series.  I hear you about the first two seasons but there a few good ones in the final season. A lot of people rag on an episode like The Way To Eden but it's pretty hilarious. 

I highly encourage everyone to watch 'Penn and Teller: Bullshit!'. They take stuff like social/cultural norms, political issues, religion, widely held beliefs/myths in the US and debunk them using science backed research. Usually the person on the non-scientific side is bat-shit crazy. Like I said though, they're not pushing an agenda or anything, they're just using science and research to call these things out. It's pretty entertaining and you have to be pretty high strung to be triggered by it. 

• Like 1

Currently running:

The Walking Dead
Family Guy
Modern Family
The Simpsons (yes, I was there at the beginning, and I'm gonna stay till the end, so FU)

Offline/pirated:

No Offence (if you like inventive British crime drama with uncensored fun, go for it) 

Edited by jamillos