The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Every Saturday there is this cute show called "Friends Fur life".

Today's show had a beagle/pug mix making friends with a rabbit. Now the guy said usually the beagle would hunt a rabbit, but here they just love each other. The owners said they would never let them play together alone since if the rabbit does something to bring out the hunter in the beagle that would be terrible. Otherwise, they are so cute and loving.

Also, they had a kangaroo being friends with a baby deer and then a lemur gets in involved too. It was just so precious to see these different animals playing together.

Why can't man be like this? lol

I do love animals because their senses are so strong and they can be so loving to their owners and each other.

This show makes me smile every week and these days I need that.

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

How was Carol Baskin?

I love that show but pissed they fired Tom/Erin so kind of protesting by not watching it :P

Terrible, but I give her credit for trying. It's not easy going up there and learning to dance those dances.  Well, I do love Tyra, so I was happy to see her host. The judges are back but not the older guy. He's stuck in the UK. Derek Hough is the new judge. No audience but the other dancers hang upstairs and clap for all the dancers.

I love seeing AJ from the Backstreet Boys and Johnny Weir. 

It seems like everyone started out well, but it's super early so who knows?

22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I enjoy the Osbournes show, Jack is engaging and Ozzy/Sharon are funny. Love their dogs too.

I know I love this show and any show with the Osbournes. Ozzy is just so funny and Sharon comes out with some crazy stuff. I know they have so many animals and Sharon dresses that little doggie in dresses. lol So cute.

I feel the same way about a lot of stuff Sharon and Ozzy say too. It's just so cool to watch them interact as a family.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 2:34 AM, Sosso said:

I'm rewatching Cheers right now. This show will always be my all time favourite. 

Also The X-Files and South Park. 

The X-Files is my all-time favourite. I hate when some of the gen Z spoiled internet smartasses diss the show these days, not realizing how cool it was (and still is) back in the 90s, with today’s dozens of new sci-fi shows emerging on Netflix every year. It’s like denouncing Deep Purple or Led Zep just because it doesn’t have the sound of 2010s Limp Bizkit or whatever the hell. Lame. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

The X-Files is my all-time favourite. I hate when some of the gen Z spoiled internet smartasses diss the show these days, not realizing how cool it was (and still is) back in the 90s, with today’s dozens of new sci-fi shows emerging on Netflix every year. It’s like denouncing Deep Purple or Led Zep just because it doesn’t have the sound of 2010s Limp Bizkit or whatever the hell. Lame. 

As I proudly related a while ago, I spent a good portion of quarantine re-watching the show, but in alphabetical order because...it seemed like the nerdiest way I could do it. it was heaven. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angelica said:

As I proudly related a while ago, I spent a good portion of quarantine re-watching the show, but in alphabetical order because...it seemed like the nerdiest way I could do it. it was heaven. 

So basically, you would have started with something like "Ascension" (Duane Barry II) and still end (correctly) with "The Truth", right? Interesting! :) 

A couple of adult animated shows I’ve been binge-watching recently:

- Big Mouth – an absolutely superb matter. Think of something between South Park and American Dad, but it’s not similar to either, and it’s very original. Love it. S04 incoming. 

- Solar Opposites – from the makers of Rick and Morty, this is even a crazier (if possible) show, and I have to say it’s not noticeable worse than R&M. Love it. 

- F Is for Family – I do like Bill Burr, as I think he’s the new George Carlin. However, this show didn’t get to me too much. It’s not bad, but kinda like King of the Hill mixed with idk, Family Guy? Anyway, give it a shot, I just didn’t last. 

I checked out the new season of the Masked Singer. The costumes this year are awesome! Love the Croc and the Cobra. I have no idea who anyone is, but the costumes this year are the best so far. I bet we get more famous people since everyone wants to be on this show now.

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

A couple of adult animated shows I’ve been binge-watching recently:

- Big Mouth – an absolutely superb matter. Think of something between South Park and American Dad, but it’s not similar to either, and it’s very original. Love it. S04 incoming. 

- Solar Opposites – from the makers of Rick and Morty, this is even a crazier (if possible) show, and I have to say it’s not noticeable worse than R&M. Love it. 

- F Is for Family – I do like Bill Burr, as I think he’s the new George Carlin. However, this show didn’t get to me too much. It’s not bad, but kinda like King of the Hill mixed with idk, Family Guy? Anyway, give it a shot, I just didn’t last. 

I still like Robot Chicken. So damn funny.

• Like 1

Three-parter on Dennis Nilsen - more the capture and trial of Nilsen than the crimes,

Des_ITV.jpg

It is a must watch. Excellent. I liked the aesthetics of early '80s Britain with a particular regard to policing: the chain smoking and regular pints - the overall griminess. David Tennant is also fantastic, utterly cold and impenetrable but charismatic in a archetypal ''quarrelsome Scottish'' way. The copper is excellent also (chap from 1917 but he must have been on the pies since then!).

Very realistic and derived from court extracts, interviews and the authorized biography (Nilsen was giving interviews to this writer in prison which is a big part of the story, and his book forms a basis for the film).

Makes a bit of a meal out of police disagreements (typical plot line of cold hierarchy trying to wrap up a case for reasons of money and public exposure  vis-a-vis the altruistic copper) but other than that, it is very accurate. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Three verisimilar British serial killer TV-films,  

This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper (2000)

See No Evil: The Moors Murders (2006)

Appropriate Adult (2011)

Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper is one of the most gripping thriller detective-thrillers I have ever seen, and is the best of the three. I love the way they don't show Sutcliffe until the end, using behind shots and have him incidentally wander into the investigation creating for the audience, dramatic-irony (mimicking what transpired, Sutcliffe being interviewed nine times by Police before his arrest). 

See No Evil is also excellent, although the actress who plays Hindley, whilst very good, is a bit too ''good looking'' whereas in real life Hindley was a ''rite old bag''. The guy who plays Brady also brings an intensity to the performance. It is always going to be hard deciding where to place Hindley, as history has not determined her role thoroughly, bewitched by Brady and now a reformed remorseful Catholic, or every bit still the grinning she-devil posing on the grave? It really focuses on the Smiths, who emerge as victims of the piece and sympathetic characters - you could say Dave Smith is the hero of the Moors Murders but was publicly vilified.

Didn't quite like the latter film so much, which focuses on the Wests (Fred and Rosemary). Fred the simpleton haha. It is alright though. 

All three can be found on youtube.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Kitchen Nightmares, old episodes on YT. I love food media but I have no idea why Im so into this, its like pop-psychology and family therapy more than its about food! lol

Also on YT,

Survival Lily (had to talk myself out of starting fandom social accounts :lol:)

Hot Ones

DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse

Rising with Krystal and Saagar

David Packman Show

Comedy Fight Club

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Kitchen Nightmares, old episodes on YT. I love food media but I have no idea why Im so into this, its like pop-psychology and family therapy more than its about food! lol

Also on YT,

Survival Lily (had to talk myself out of starting fandom social accounts :lol:)

Hot Ones

DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse

Rising with Krystal and Saagar

David Packman Show

Comedy Fight Club

Have you seen the Crazy Amy episode yet? 

Edited by Dazey

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Have you seen the Crazy Amy episode yet? 

Not there yet, but happen to know her via memes, lol. Dont know anything beyond the crazy eyes and I think frequently theres references to knives. Looking forward to it!

Is it as bad as they say?

16 minutes ago, soon said:

Not there yet, but happen to know her via memes, lol. Dont know anything beyond the crazy eyes and I think frequently theres references to knives. Looking forward to it!

Is it as bad as they say?

I still would. :lol: 

• Haha 1