Does Axl still care about notoriety and being famous? Or does he not give a shit?

The fire is completely gone out of Axl. He flat-out has no passion anymore.

There were too many disappointments: Stephanie, Slash, Chinese Democracy. It completely took it all out of him.

I'm not saying he's unhappy. Clearly, he's doing fine. He's just a normal person now. He sees he can make tons of money by doing something (touring off the hits), so that's what he's doing. He has no desire to create, no passion to be known for anything new.

He's not using the GNR name to become famous or well-respected; he's using it for cash.

Perfectly said.

These days, Axl really cares about nothing, which is fine because the world has stopped caring about Axl anyway. Its a sad truth, and unless there's a reunion of the original group where Axl would actually have something to prove, I don't think we'll ever see that passion in him again. I mean, it could be there if he were to release a new album, but what are the realistic chances of that happening at this point.

I think his spirits have been crushed by the CD release and the aftermath, honestly. I think he wanted, past tense, to be the biggest rock star in the world again, and, when he realized that not only was that not gonna happen but also that, even worse, no one would really give a shit at all, he gave up. So I don't think he's that concerned with being famous presently. He uses the GNR name for cash money these days. Nothing else.

I agree with all of this except the very last part. I just can't see him needing money, but who knows to be honest.

I think the way Chinese went down would be huge blow to anyone's spirit. If it were me, I'd try even harder to prove people wrong. But I'm not Axl and I haven't lived his life so I can't really say I blame/judge him for giving up.

He'd retire and cut the payroll significantly if he didn't. Sure touring makes him money, but it also costs him a shit load too. He could downsize to a condo and live out his golden years quite comfortably if that's what he really wanted to do.

Except he seems to enjoy living like a rock star and being Master of his Domain and the money from touring enables him to do it the way he wants...........at least for now.............

I think his spirits have been crushed by the CD release and the aftermath, honestly. I think he wanted, past tense, to be the biggest rock star in the world again, and, when he realized that not only was that not gonna happen but also that, even worse, no one would really give a shit at all, he gave up. So I don't think he's that concerned with being famous presently. He uses the GNR name for cash money these days. Nothing else.

I agree with all of this except the very last part. I just can't see him needing money, but who knows to be honest.

I think the way Chinese went down would be huge blow to anyone's spirit. If it were me, I'd try even harder to prove people wrong. But I'm not Axl and I haven't lived his life so I can't really say I blame/judge him for giving up.

I'm not saying he needs the money. I'm just saying he likes it. And GNR is gonna rake in more cash than The Axl Rose Project or whatever. I'm sure there's still some pride shit there as well, though. But, unfortunately, I think it's more about not admitting defeat in some half real war he's engaged in than really trying to show that he's worthy of the GNR name.

I think Axl is like jagger kind of rich or maybe even has jimmy page kind of wealth...I don't know for certain but it's not a great stretch of the imagination.

Plus he still tours almost every year when he wants to. Axl could possibly buy a rather decent size secluded tropical island and sell pay per views of himself strolling along a fine white sandy beach barefoot combing for sand dollars and sea shells..lol

I'm not saying he needs the money. I'm just saying he likes it. And GNR is gonna rake in more cash than The Axl Rose Project or whatever. I'm sure there's still some pride shit there as well, though. But, unfortunately, I think it's more about not admitting defeat in some half real war he's engaged in than really trying to show that he's worthy of the GNR name.

Fair enough, I can see that

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

He'd retire and cut the payroll significantly if he didn't. Sure touring makes him money, but it also costs him a shit load too. He could downsize to a condo and live out his golden years quite comfortably if that's what he really wanted to do.

Except he seems to enjoy living like a rock star and being Master of his Domain and the money from touring enables him to do it the way he wants...........at least for now.............

I think he could still live the lifestyle without the touring, as he's already done for years before. Keep the big house in the fire zone, he probably won't get what he wants for it anyway, and ditch the employees to add bank. If he never tours again, I think he can survive. More than survive. Which is why I can't discount the idea that a need for fame is still ever present.

You get old.

Most rock stars that lived had to change up their lifestyle, make certain compromises.

Jagger became a professional, running 8km a day, personal trainers to do his job.

Problem for Axl is that isnt quite enough, he had a real fire going on. His vocal range was wide and unhinged.

So I think CD is more representable of his headspace. He isnt the wild animal he was in AFD era or even explosive talent he was on UYI tour.

The bar set so high and covered jungle snakes it must be hard to climb up there.

Hes still a charismatic frontman who can put on great rock show. Sometimes when you bring the storm you cant hear the thunder.

Fair enough, I can see that

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I feel like you're making fun of me in some way I'm not picking up on. :lol:

The "does it for the cash" argument is starting to sound unsound to me too. I'm such a fickle twit. How much richer is he from touring? How significant is that income?

To quote Cobain i think he is just "Bored & Old" he's done it all and has nothing left to prove, He still loves performing for us fans but theres no "commerical rock bands" to compete against these days like back in the 90's. I think a Happy Axl is a too relaxed Axl. Also it's kinda hard to be angry when you have a full stomach of awesome food always haha. But seriously somethings changed he seems like a caged lion. The fire and some of the passion has gone, maybe he's disapointed in his voice not being what it was ? Who knows. Axl is Axl, we'll all find out come March.

I do wonder about his finances. A good deal of the time, he doesn't seem to enjoy touring enough for it not to appear that he's only doing it for money. Or maybe he really is crazy and figures that even if it takes another twenty years, CD II will restore him to his former glory, and in the meantime, he's gotta keep the the band from complete atrophy. Or he keeps touring because he believes it makes Slash cut himself, who the fuck knows with this guy.

• Like 1

Thing with money is you can always use another 100k.

Maybe he doesn't make that much, obviously he's not a billionaire oil baron, so maybe GNR is really his main thing. He may not have given up, he knows he has to maintain to certain level. If he disappears, he will have to endure the media talking and spinning it. If they are out touring keeping what they have going, with possibility of a new record he still has a career. Another big record in 2020?

I don't think he's raking that much in with the touring. All the shows I have seen in the U.S. have been pretty sparse in attendance. Also with the huge band he's carrying around I cant imagine his net income is too strong.

All in all, I am really confused in his current motives. No music on the horizon and intermittent touring where he seems on autopilot.